Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The whiners will not stop until they get an LFD tool!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The whiners will not stop until they get an LFD tool!

sithlordcip
01.09.2012 , 02:37 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Nyysjan View Post
Asking in general does not work because people will be on different planets doing different things, so the number of people you reach is just a fraction of people that might want to go.

I'd prefer a LFD tool with no auto grouping, that requires player action at some level to make it function beyond pressing a button, but better way for looking groups is needed.
As things are now, i can either stand around in fleet and spam general chat, or go out and quest (with exception of ilum, as some people look for groups there as well, but largely pointless try to spam chat in, say, Belsavis, for a Battle for Ilum FP while doing dailies), i can't do both.
THIS, NO autogrouping, no queue, no cross server.

Just place players in a list of people that want to do that specific flashpoint
Killing Jedi is my hobby!

Senatsu
01.09.2012 , 02:39 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Nyysjan View Post
Asking in general does not work because people will be on different planets doing different things, so the number of people you reach is just a fraction of people that might want to go.

I'd prefer a LFD tool with no auto grouping, that requires player action at some level to make it function beyond pressing a button, but better way for looking groups is needed.
As things are now, i can either stand around in fleet and spam general chat, or go out and quest (with exception of ilum, as some people look for groups there as well, but largely pointless try to spam chat in, say, Belsavis, for a Battle for Ilum FP while doing dailies), i can't do both.
If you recall the TBC version of Blizzard's LFD system, that is very similar. You put yourself on a list for whatever dungeon/raid you want to run, select a role and get automatically placed in a LFG chat channel. From there you can more easily find people for your group, find a group or make a new group.

That would be perfect, imo. Blizzard took it one step too far with the WotLK version that is now ruining WoW.

Draekos
01.09.2012 , 02:40 AM | #13
Server only please, I'd rather they delete flashpoints then implement a cross server LFG system.

EDIT if they have to add one please copy from DDO. No insta port and let the leader build the group.

fro_do_fraggins
01.09.2012 , 02:41 AM | #14
I want to play the game, not sit at the fleet waiting/spamming for a group. Let me do other things while waiting for the dungeon queue. You can meet players using this tool and make premades in the future if you enjoyed playing together. This works fine if it's server only.

It is by far my #1 wish for this game and would get me to subscribe.
(████████████████████[╫///////////╫]█████████████████████)

Caelrie
01.09.2012 , 02:41 AM | #15
The LFD tool made WoW better.

Mausman
01.09.2012 , 02:43 AM | #16
Lol what is an lfd tool I'm completely lost
\w/ Hail Satan \w/

artilleryshell
01.09.2012 , 02:44 AM | #17
why do people feel the need to insult the people who hold a different viewpoint?

the community destroying elements of the wow lfd tool were mainly cross server queueing, however, i can see the argument that auto porting might be community destructive.

The current LFG tool isn't being used. I'd be happy with it if people used it. They don't, and thus, it is almost worthless. I continue to queue in it in some hopes that people will realize it's there, but they don't.

This isn't the fault of 1 million players. Its because the system is subdued and there's no real explanation of its features in-game.

I would support a server only lfd queueing system

I would also support a DDO style communications board.

I would support a GLFG channel, although this isn't optimal.

But at the very least, help players realize the features of the current LFG board.
Yes, its a dress, now shut up, sit down, and watch me tank this boss. - artilleryshell
You know we don't have eyes, so what's behind the veil?
A beard. - Atasama

Senatsu
01.09.2012 , 02:45 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Caelrie View Post
The LFD tool made WoW better.
HAhahahahhahahhahhahhhahhhahhahhaa. Tihihihi, haven't laughed like that in ages. People with even half a working braincell knows that is not true at all.

Ardoetia
01.09.2012 , 02:46 AM | #19
There is a type of LFG in the game BTW.

Use it and stop whining please.

Kirameki
01.09.2012 , 02:46 AM | #20
I want the AION LFG tool.
Just a little mechanic where you can see who seeks or wants what level, gear and instance based but you have to get your lazy char to the spot yourself. (no auto-porting)
Server based only.