Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

Oddzball
01.10.2012 , 04:34 PM | #721
Quote: Originally Posted by Gorgewall View Post
Holy cow, it hasn't even been a month from launch.

February 21st, 2pm CST. Patch day, two months post-launch.
If high res textures aren't in by that time, please, resume complaining to your hearts content. I won't tell you you're being ridiculous and inane and repetitive and wasting your time spamming up the GD boards at that point (though you will still be wasting your time--they'll fix it when they fix it).

I doubt it will even take that long.
People like you are the same people who will be saying on Febuary 21rst

"Oh the games ONLY been out 2 months!#@!" "Stop complaining"

In your eyes everything is always forgivable.

I have to laugh at that, suckers who even if the game was a complete mess 6 months later would still come back to lick the boots.

This isnt a new or launch issue, this has been a problem since 6 months ago in beta.

Most people arent complaining that it isnt fixed yet. They are complaining that they tried to stealth patch hide without explaining what they were doing.

Justify THAT will you? I notice you completely avoid that subject even though its been brought up multiple times in this thread.

It is so COMPLETELY obvious what they were trying to do in patch 1.1 by removing one of the texture options it isnt even funny.

carnac_fett
01.10.2012 , 04:35 PM | #722
Quote: Originally Posted by Halofax View Post
Your answer will come in the form of no medium option.

Bioware is obviously trying to decide which option will cost them more subscribers.

Putting in textures and being a moderately hard to run game.

or

Continuing to lie about the non-existance of textures.
They aren't removing low or medium quality textures. The game will not be any harder to run.
Safeguard - Jedi Guardian - Harbinger (US)

Oddzball
01.10.2012 , 04:36 PM | #723
Quote: Originally Posted by Gorgewall View Post
You bring up an excellent point, but let me add something: when Steven posted, it was already today, the 10th. It was only yesterday for people living in on the west coast. I'm looking at his post right now: "Today , 01:22 AM"

It's possible the response will come Wednesday, the 11th.

The 10th may still be today in the context of his post. We are not yet in tomorrow.
BioWare is in Austin, these forums time make no sense to be honest.

Halofax
01.10.2012 , 04:37 PM | #724
Quote: Originally Posted by carnac_fett View Post
They aren't removing low or medium quality textures. The game will not be any harder to run.
This statement only makes sense to people with a brain.

Age of Conan isnt hard to run on low either. And people continue to claim no one can run it.

FlawlessSoul
01.10.2012 , 04:37 PM | #725
Quote: Originally Posted by wifeaggro View Post
Because there are no high res textures. They worked for half a day in beta build 2 or 3 but it caused horendous problems for some users so they took them out again
Quote: Originally Posted by megalomaniacalia View Post
Nobody even knows if the problem has been isolated or not.
You're all missing the main point. We know High-res textures are in-game, since they are enabled during cinematics (this has been proven many, many times). There is no proven way, however, to enable them for the rest of the game (people keep coming up with ways to improve textures, and all they're doing is going from Low to Medium).

The main point, however, is not that it hasn't been fixed yet. It's that we're still being kept in the dark about a valid problem. All we've been told is "Soon", and this is for a problem that has existed since beta. Do we know whats causing it, do we know how far along they are in their investigation, or do we know what it's going to take to fix? No! Because they have not offered any explanation or insight whatsoever.

The real kicker? Read the below quote:

Quote: Originally Posted by gabrielhead View Post
The game is not possessing LOD correctly. The game is placing priority on objects other than those viewable to the player. its a problem http://community.heroengine.com/foru...ge;topic=228.0
I for one want to hear that its a known issue and that its being fixed, and not brushed under the rug with a change to the wording in the prefs menu.

Let me detail possible issues that could be caused by improper LOD. Massive ram use, constant HD access, CPU and GPU heat issues, random Low frames. And when we look in the Tech support forum what do we find? Massive ram use, constant HD access, CPU and GPU heat issues, random Low frames.

I want to hear that this is or isnt causing those issues. I want to be assured that this game isnt lowering the life expectancy of my GPU and CPU.
There are even more problems, which we havn't even asked about properly. The engine has core issues that are showing up as symptoms for many many people (overheating GPU for one, stuttering performance on a whole range of systems regardless of settings). Are those issues going to be handled the same way as the texture issue? If so, I'd like a refund here and now for the initial purchase, because I'm not going to be misled for weeks or months every time one of those problems blossoms into a critical error.

Let me be ultimately clear: the key issue people have is the lack of communication, because it bodes very poorly for the future if they can't even talk to their customers. The resolution of the issue is secondary to keeping us properly informed, except when you ignore us, both issues get rolled together and become one huge gosh darn problem.

SnakeCL
01.10.2012 , 04:37 PM | #726
Quote: Originally Posted by Ashes_Arizona View Post
Had they fixed it when it was reported, when beta build 11/28 went live and people were reporting...hey *** is with the low resolution armor textures, this wasn't in the last build (and it wasn't in the last build)....then we wouldn't be having this discussion at all.
This is one thing I can't understand about some developers.

If you tell the playerbase WHY something has happened, they will generally be lenient. Sure, there is always someone to flames, but "not knowing" is altogether worse than being left high and dry with no explanation.

The other thing I don't understand is the fear of giving eta's. Cryptic actually has a practice of posting things "in development" by the devs in a special thread on the forums for their respective games, and a relative ETA. If something gets pushed back, they apologize, and explain why. (we needed to re-do this. Something came up and we needed to do this first, rights holders said this, etc.) Some people flame. The majority nod their head and thank them for the heads-up.

The Blizzard-esque development mentality of SAY NOTHING, only breeds resentment since its essentially telling the customer base its not adult enough to understand what happened.

Jeronas
01.10.2012 , 04:37 PM | #727
Quote: Originally Posted by Halofax View Post
Your answer will come in the form of no medium option.

Bioware is obviously trying to decide which option will cost them more subscribers.

Putting in textures and being a moderately hard to run game.

or

Continuing to lie about the non-existance of textures.
The game wouldn't be any harder to run! Are you that oblvious?

It's a CHOICE to have a High setting! You do not have to set it to HIGH if your system can't handle it! Get it?

Halofax
01.10.2012 , 04:39 PM | #728
Am i the only person who realizes they havent fixed anything?

They just make press releases saying they know the problems exist.

Then they put it in patch notes but it continues to be broken.

A week ago they said my chat bug and CTD bugs would be fixed. They still happen daily.

They said emotes on speeders were fixed 2 patches ago and they still dont work.

They literally lie about EVERYTHING.

Halofax
01.10.2012 , 04:40 PM | #729
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeronas View Post
The game wouldn't be any harder to run! Are you that oblvious?

It's a CHOICE to have a High setting! You do not have to set it to HIGH if your system can't handle it! Get it?
Again, i'm agreeing with you.

However, you can run Battlefield 3 on low with a intel pentium 4 processor.

People still call Battlefield 3 a hard game to run.

Other people dont think the same way you do.

KazdamRass
01.10.2012 , 04:41 PM | #730
get a better video card or computer than maybe the game will look better