Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

Ommm
01.10.2012 , 03:42 PM | #681
Quote: Originally Posted by megalomaniacalia View Post
I still don't understand these images, lol. My game does not look like that left hand pic there.
Then you are not running on highest setting or simply blind or lying as bioware confirmed this bug themselfs already.
This signature is currently missing from the website. I don't have an ETA on when will this basic feature be implemented but it is in my plans.

Gorgewall
01.10.2012 , 03:43 PM | #682
This thread was made on the 6th? I thought we were all aware in December that High was actually Medium first due to a bug and second due to optimization concerns, and that High textures already existed and were unavailable, but would be in soon. Why is this even a discussion?

Help me, Obi-Wan, I'm going to freakin' die over here if I don't have slightly crisper graphics within the week.

Crassius
01.10.2012 , 03:44 PM | #683
Funny thought:

Imagine Bioware advertised their game with current screenshots. People who would browse www.swtor.com would go "Well it looks fun, but WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THE GRAPHICS??". I mean, who wouldn't? Some screenshots I made look like they've been done over 10 years ago.

Example: http://imageshack.us/f/339/swtor2011112817024366.jpg/ (maximum settings, the worst looking object I've ever seen)

I mean, if you decide you want a new MMORPG, check their website and see low res and jagged edges everywhere, wouldn't that be a major turnoff? Don't get me wrong, I still up to this date buy games that don't look great, even though I have a high end gaming pc. But those are indie titles. Small companies with great ideas. Certainly nothing EA/Bioware. Also you don't exactly pay 150$ (alot more whre i live) for a CE, and 20$ a month (calculated where I live) for something with the graphic of Plants vs Zombies.

Of course some people are arguing its "just" graphics, and gameplay and such is more important. I'll agree to some extent, but if you play for days it gets really tiresome to look at the blurry, jagged mess.

When playing on my old pc there are always tricks to get stuff running decently. Turn off shadows, AA, lower shader, whatever. But when playing on something better than low end stuff, you really want to see something for your hardware.

We've been forced enough to play low res games that on top of that run badly, considering the crapload of bad console ports out there. But when a PC only title comes out, looks bad and runs horrible for what you see, then something is really wrong.

Who knows what the DEV team is doing. They might actually have to halt everything and focus on fixing their engine if they ever want to resolve this. Most likely they'll have to make a few phonecalls to Nvidia/Ati to get some beta drivers rolling, while they make the changes.

Looks like a big pile of work, along with all the other issues. Maybe it wasn't that good to send everyone off to holidays right after release, considering the current state the game is in? Sure, from the human aspect it makes sense, is fair, deserved and what not. But from an economical aspect.. its a catastrophe.
"Recitation: Yes, as I said, I am an assassin droid. It is my primary function to burn holes through meatbags that you wish removed from the galaxy…"

megalomaniacalia
01.10.2012 , 03:45 PM | #684
Quote: Originally Posted by Gorgewall View Post
This thread was made on the 6th? I thought we were all aware in December that High was actually Medium first due to a bug and second due to optimization concerns, and that High textures already existed and were unavailable, but would be in soon. Why is this even a discussion?

Help me, Obi-Wan, I'm going to freakin' die over here if I don't have slightly crisper graphics within the week.
THIS IS WHAT I'M SAYING, MANG. God, someone with logic please help me here as I wade through the turds.

"omg, if we don't make QQ threads all over the forums they will completely fuhgeddabout us!"

Jeronas
01.10.2012 , 03:45 PM | #685
When did I ever say that ONE GUY LOL was responsible? I never said that. That's retarded. And I never said that a problem was linear in solving either. I said that there are a crapload of other issues going on at the same time that SHOULD have higher priority in regards to implementation in a patch or what have you than other issues.
Well, appearently they had the time to "stealth" change the graphic settings in patch 1.1 currently on PTS to remove the medium texture setting option to make the current medium the new high setting!

That's why I am losing faith in Bioware in how they gonna handle this game. As I loath these kind of "underhand" shady practices!

As of they do pull this kind of crap with this issue. You can bet they will do it with other issues as well. And that doesn't bode well for this game's future!

And that is also why I don't expect any satisfactory answer from Stephen today. It won't be what people will like to hear! Most probably another excuse about him not having an answer "yet again".

Gibbzter
01.10.2012 , 03:46 PM | #686
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
Apologies in advance to those patiently waiting here.

I won't have a response for you today, but will tomorrow.
Tomorrow is here and I am anxiously awaiting.

AJediKnight
01.10.2012 , 03:46 PM | #687
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeronas View Post
Well, appearently they had the time to "stealth" change the graphic settings in patch 1.1 currently on PTS to remove the medium texture setting option to make the current medium the new high setting!

That's why I am losing faith in Bioware in how they gonna handle this game. As I loath these kind of "underhand" shady practices!

As of they do pull this kind of crap with this issue. You can bet they will do it with other issues as well. And that doesn't bode well for this game's future!

And that is also why I don't expect any satisfactory answer from Stephen today. It won't be what people will like to hear!
If that's true it's very sad.
[]°[]☲☲☲[]ị::ị\(▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

Ommm
01.10.2012 , 03:47 PM | #688
THIS IS WHAT I'M SAYING, MANG. God, someone with logic please help me here as I wade through the turds.

"omg, if we don't make QQ threads all over the forums they will completely fuhgeddabout us!"
It is about basic principle. You dont advertise under false pretense, in full knowledge that it is not working on release.
This signature is currently missing from the website. I don't have an ETA on when will this basic feature be implemented but it is in my plans.

they
01.10.2012 , 03:47 PM | #689

Well... you know what they say.

Gorgewall
01.10.2012 , 03:48 PM | #690
It may certainly require a bit of work on their part, but the textures already exist and can be displayed in game (and in beta, for a time, were working 100% for those who had the options up) so I would expect it sooner rather than later.

That said, I don't understand the people who are jumping off a bridge over having lower texture quality for a month, if that. It's like I'm in kindergarten again and little Timmy is screaming because his yellow crayon has some black on it.