Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

they
01.10.2012 , 03:36 PM | #671
Quote: Originally Posted by Ommm View Post
@meg the engine programmers and optimisers need work to or would you rather see them on the street?
As a programmer, I can tell you, all we really need is maybe a little mountain dew. Oh, and love.

On topic: Well, it's 'tomorrow' now, Mr. Reid.

Unruhe
01.10.2012 , 03:37 PM | #672
Quote: Originally Posted by megalomaniacalia View Post
The graphics displayed by dev screenshots are GOING to be fantastic but I just don't see justification in crying so much because they had an issue implementing the features. Yes, they were in beta, yes there is still a problem post launch, but as I said before countless times... it is not as important. It just isn't. Some people can't progress through companion stories, some people can't progress THEIR OWN stories properly, certain classes are clearly OP, some quests are broken, end game raid content needs work, some people can't even PVP due to some unknown FPS problem and you want your precious textures. And then some will say "well why did they launch if the game wasn't ready, etc" BECAUSE THE FANBASE WOULD HAVE **** A GIANT BRICK if the date was pushed back. There is no pleasing the fanbase. Anything done will negatively effect someone and there has to be priority fixes.

Honestly, I'd rather they fix imbalances, quest bugs, and companion issues over my textures/AA because it is not a make-or-break sort of thing for me. For some others, it may very well be and in that case you should leave, like I've said before, and save your month or two of precious moneys until they integrate such a pivotal and necessary function.
Because just one guy is responsible for all of the bug fixes, art, class balance, quest structure and progress, and game mechanics, right?

Thinking that their process is a single, looping line of Problem In -> Thinking, Fixing, Implementing -> Solution Live is absurdly short-sighted, and incorrect.

megalomaniacalia
01.10.2012 , 03:37 PM | #673
Quote: Originally Posted by Unruhe View Post
I quoted the only part of your post that mattered, removed the word "new" and replaced it with the underlined portion. If you're content buying a sportscar and then finding out it can't go above 55mph, that's cool. Many of us aren't okay with that, at all.
That isn't even a viable comparison, lol. We are not talking about FPS/latency/whatever here. If you bought a sports car and they showed epic pictures of said car and you went to the dealership to buy or test drive and the car wasn't as shiny as the photos... maybe.

Ommm
01.10.2012 , 03:39 PM | #674
That isn't even a viable comparison, lol. We are not talking about FPS/latency/whatever here. If you bought a sports car and they showed epic pictures of said car and you went to the dealership to buy or test drive and the car wasn't as shiny as the photos... maybe.
We are talking about basic standars here, that are since years for games, which go without question and this is just lol (highest setting, beast machine):

http://i.imgur.com/KP9cY.jpg
This signature is currently missing from the website. I don't have an ETA on when will this basic feature be implemented but it is in my plans.

Rophez
01.10.2012 , 03:39 PM | #675
...I live in America where people believe everything should be perfect and spoonfed to them or they'll take their welfare money/food stamps somewhere else. ...
Can't really take you seriously after lines like that. Is that how you pay for the game? I use my paycheck. Please stop trolling and wasting time here.
Bioware - Please stop advertising with high resolution textures if they are impossible to implement in the retail client.

megalomaniacalia
01.10.2012 , 03:39 PM | #676
Quote: Originally Posted by Unruhe View Post
Because just one guy is responsible for all of the bug fixes, art, class balance, quest structure and progress, and game mechanics, right?

Thinking that their process is a single, looping line of Problem In -> Thinking, Fixing, Implementing -> Solution Live is absurdly short-sighted, and incorrect.
When did I ever say that ONE GUY LOL was responsible? I never said that. And I never said that a problem was linear in solving either. I said that there are a crapload of other issues going on at the same time that SHOULD have higher priority in regards to implementation in a patch or what have you than other issues.

ocinito
01.10.2012 , 03:40 PM | #677
i spent alot of money on a new computer for thuis game just for them not to allow it, rediculous, this could kill a game
if there ain't none, then there won't be none

megalomaniacalia
01.10.2012 , 03:41 PM | #678
Quote: Originally Posted by Rophez View Post
Can't really take you seriously after lines like that. Is that how you pay for the game? I use my paycheck. Please stop trolling and wasting time here.
I never said I get food stamps/welfare. Man, you people aren't even quoting me right anymore. Take a look at America as a whole and tell me I'm wrong, unless you live in white suburbia where lawns are trimmed with rulers and Mrs. Smith would never lay a hand on those children of hers.

megalomaniacalia
01.10.2012 , 03:41 PM | #679
Quote: Originally Posted by Ommm View Post
We are talking about basic standars here, that are since years for games, which go without question and this is just lol (highest setting, beast machine):

http://i.imgur.com/KP9cY.jpg
I still don't understand these images, lol. My game does not look like that left hand pic there.

Ommm
01.10.2012 , 03:41 PM | #680
When did I ever say that ONE GUY LOL was responsible? I never said that. And I never said that a problem was linear in solving either. I said that there are a crapload of other issues going on at the same time that SHOULD have higher priority in regards to implementation in a patch or what have you than other issues.
Did it ever cross your mind that specific ppl only work on specific stuff at bioware? There are engine programmers for this thing, who fix it for and other that specificly work on stuff you want fixed. This company is big with lots of diffrent departments.
This signature is currently missing from the website. I don't have an ETA on when will this basic feature be implemented but it is in my plans.