Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

Rophez
01.10.2012 , 09:48 AM | #501
It's funny to imagine the conversations going on at Bioware. I mean, they've known about this issue for a long time. Are they hoping we'll get tired and go away? Are they frantically writing and rewriting their response? Are they waiting for their best PR spin guy to wake up and give it a final edit?

The only thing they aren't doing: Letting the dev in charge of this issue just plainly tell us what the problem is.
Bioware - Please stop advertising with high resolution textures if they are impossible to implement in the retail client.

Mildoze
01.10.2012 , 09:52 AM | #502
This will be nice once they have a fix for it, but I have to say that it's not that big a deal. At least, not as big a deal as everyone is making it out to be. "relax guy" I'd rather see them fix some of the issues with the abilities lagging and maybe some improvements into the memory leaks in the shadows. As it is now, I don't even bother turning the shadows on.

XFrOzEnX
01.10.2012 , 09:56 AM | #503
Quote: Originally Posted by Mildoze View Post
This will be nice once they have a fix for it, but I have to say that it's not that big a deal. At least, not as big a deal as everyone is making it out to be. "relax guy" I'd rather see them fix some of the issues with the abilities lagging

This^^^^
Psykomantis (Formerly the original Psychomantis of Spaceslug)

R.I.P Spaceslug,

Corpeus
01.10.2012 , 09:56 AM | #504
It's really a joke that over 2 million copies sold so far over $110 million spent and we don;t even have Hi res textures. What fool at bioware dropped the ball onthis one? Patch this in already we're paying customers.
EVGA Nvidia 780i SLi, E8400 Core2Duo 3.0OC@4.15ghz 9x 1845 QDR, Scythe Ninja Heatsink, 2xEVGA GTX260 216core OC731/1479/2564, G.SKill F2-8000 2X2gb 940mhz, Silverstone Strider 1000w PSU, Windows 7 Ulitimate 64bit, Dell 3008WFP 30inch

ToonPhil
01.10.2012 , 09:57 AM | #505
A response to an earlier post. Yes, we know by adding AA to the game makes it look much better, but that still doesn't excuse the terrible textures in places throughout the game and horrendous shadows at times.

Ommm
01.10.2012 , 09:57 AM | #506
Quote: Originally Posted by Rophez View Post
It's funny to imagine the conversations going on at Bioware. I mean, they've known about this issue for a long time. Are they hoping we'll get tired and go away? Are they frantically writing and rewriting their response? Are they waiting for their best PR spin guy to wake up and give it a final edit?

The only thing they aren't doing: Letting the dev in charge of this issue just plainly tell us what the problem is.

+1

Lets hope they learn from it.
This signature is currently missing from the website. I don't have an ETA on when will this basic feature be implemented but it is in my plans.

daMarek
01.10.2012 , 09:58 AM | #507
Quote: Originally Posted by XFrOzEnX View Post
My question to all the posters here is how many of you have AA forced on? This game looks more then good with AA on. And I don't even have AA maxed. Ya I'd like some higher res textures as well but the only time you notice em is on your character when you zoom in. And the only time you should be fully zoomed in is when you are talking to someone and well higher res textures work there.

Here is a pic of my Jedi chilling in Alderaan, http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...011007251.jpg/

How is that not playable? To all the people who are going to cancel there subscription after looking at that screenie go ahead cause the game is never going to look as good as you hoped. This is the hero engine, where miracles go to die. Let me just state again I'm all for better textures, but you just have to be realistic peeps. Looking forward to an announcement on the issue Stephen!
Game looks good, but character textures do not.

I can see how you don't have a problem with this as all you're wearing are just muddy grey robes other armors should show some EDGE.

Maybe the devs testing this all rolled jedi heh

Arkulin
01.10.2012 , 10:02 AM | #508
Here is a pic of my Jedi chilling in Alderaan, http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...011007251.jpg/
Here is mine chilling near holo with medium textures and 0.5 sec. with high textures

http://imgur.com/3JUxV

XFrOzEnX
01.10.2012 , 10:03 AM | #509
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkulin View Post
Here is mine chilling near holo with medium textures and 0.5 sec. with high textures

http://imgur.com/3JUxV

Believe me man I've seen all the tricks. And to above poster woul you like me to take some pics on my 50 BH.
Psykomantis (Formerly the original Psychomantis of Spaceslug)

R.I.P Spaceslug,

Ommm
01.10.2012 , 10:06 AM | #510
Believe me man I've seen all the tricks. And to above poster woul you like me to take some pics on my 50 BH.
Do it yourself: One shot in conversation mode, one shot out of conversation mode. Highest settings. Unless your computer does not support it.
This signature is currently missing from the website. I don't have an ETA on when will this basic feature be implemented but it is in my plans.