Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

Arkulin
01.10.2012 , 06:43 AM | #451
Quote: Originally Posted by Merwanor View Post
So that brings me to believe that marketing from Bioware is almost lies and trickery.

I really just do not understand how they can show trailers with great quality, and release a product that is not as advertised.
AH, marketing people, always reminds me what this guy had to say about them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEnA29wK7uM

Myshella
01.10.2012 , 06:50 AM | #452
There must be a reason why they downsample the textures outside of cinematics this mutch probably a memory leak or something like that in the engine.

Venares
01.10.2012 , 06:59 AM | #453
Quote: Originally Posted by digitalmea View Post
Ok, if this has not been clear to you: I do have high resolution textures in game since I changed this setting, so this has been a good workaround for me (and some others). No need to shout at me for providing a solution. I can post a screenshot for you, but I am currently at work, and it's not worth getting fired over.
Actualy your now just seeing what the rest of us have been already and you "think" its high rez because its looks better to you.
STO had a similar issue where GPU's with low vram would have there textures crippled unless you ran the game in XP mode.
If you happen to have a card with 1GB+ vRAM then this fix makes no differnce for you what so ever.
Now please dont think im ragging on you, because im not. I'm just trying to set the facts stright
"Recitation: If I see one more idiot attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself."

daMarek
01.10.2012 , 07:01 AM | #454
Ok, if this has not been clear to you: I do have high resolution textures in game since I changed this setting, so this has been a good workaround for me (and some others). No need to shout at me for providing a solution. I can post a screenshot for you, but I am currently at work, and it's not worth getting fired over.
You might have gotten an improvement, sure, and THINK the game is High Res now. But it's not because the game doesn't enable high res toon textures. It might look better than before but it's not as good as it should be.

Do the holocron trick and post pictures or nobody will believe you.]

EDIT: Damn venares you bean me to it heh

Skwark
01.10.2012 , 07:03 AM | #455
All right, I do not even know why I bothered to test those "fixes" you linked... While they do may help with the FPS issue -which this topic is not about- they definitely do not enable high ress textures of characters. Please see the first post of this topic if you want to understand what it is all about.

Arkulin
01.10.2012 , 07:04 AM | #456
It is not clear to you.

I am really sorry if I have offend you. But, believe me, your character does not have high resolution textures.

LGalucard
01.10.2012 , 07:12 AM | #457
Hoping for an answer today, lets keep the thread going.

Venares
01.10.2012 , 07:15 AM | #458
Im sure James will get us an awnser at some point today.
He seems like a genuinely good guy.
Besides, he wouldnt want to make the rest of us Brits look bad, would he
"Recitation: If I see one more idiot attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself."

Xoralis
01.10.2012 , 07:18 AM | #459
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkulin View Post
AH, marketing people, always reminds me what this guy had to say about them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEnA29wK7uM
hmm wonder if there is a law about that..Class Action anyone? Any lawyers about?

=D

Armalas
01.10.2012 , 07:20 AM | #460
I doubt anything significant info will come out today, on the flip side I don't think there's any reason to panic about the 'Medium is the new High' setting on the PTRs.

Call me naive, but I cannot for one second believe that Bioware will not address this issue, it's too obvious and too much time and effort (and cash) have been spent on this game to not fix glaring issues like this.

The explanation is likely that it's not just a matter of enabling the high res textures, but that there complications tied into it, possible memory leaks etc. Now I am no computer wiz, so that might be wrong, but common sense dictates that it's only a matter of time before this is fixed.