Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

ErnieVega
01.09.2012 , 07:05 PM | #361
Quote: Originally Posted by Ashes_Arizona View Post
Not to call you out SR cause this isn't your issue, its the internal QA division's issue, but seriously, why do you even have to go find a response for this?

I reported this issue IN BETA when it occurred in the build that it occurred in and I've got the ticket number in my CS History to prove it.

I reported the issue just after release via another CS Ticket, with all the information as shown in the thread linked in my signature and got the standard "Thanks for reporting this we will send this on to one of our specialized teams...." responses which is the exact same response I got on the original bug report I submitted on this issue in beta.

If you don't have an answer to this carved into the wall next to you by now, then someone hasn't been doing their job in CS/QA/Debug, because they've had well over a MONTH since this bug became evident in the final beta build to "come up with an answer".

And we still don't have an answer.

And if your answer tomorrow is "We've decided to lock texture resolution to help make performance better for everyone!" I will log into this website and drop my subscription cause what texture resolution I personally use has nothing to do with overall performance for other peoples clients.

Seriously, I won't pay 15 bucks a month when there are Free to Play games with better graphics. To be frank TOR was the only reason I fell back into the MMO briar patch and if you all don't fix this problem and stop acting like you have no idea whats caused it and stop playing dumb with the community I am very quickly going to extricate myself from the briar patch once more and I could care less what happens to this game after that.
as said by developers and SR in the past not every problem is a simple fix. Its safe to assume that there is an issue with the high res textures and how they display in game. Bioware has acknowledged the problem and is working on a solution. Seriously the "ill drop my sub" threats arent helping anyone...
The Initiative
Vrook Lamar

Unruhe
01.09.2012 , 07:05 PM | #362
Quote: Originally Posted by Kittypryde View Post
Not to sound rude but you sound like your just looking for any reason to drop your sub so go ahead......

I have a feeling as well as you do that it's not gonna be the answer your hoping for if it was an easy fix the textures would already be in simple as that we all know it.....

And being catty and rude isn't really gonna help them get it in any quicker maybe you think so but sorry to tell you it wont.....
You can dislike his tone or presentation all you want, but it's a pretty valid point.

This game was shipped, the servers went to "live" status, and we all started paying money for a game with a completely missing/broken set of graphics options. That's incredibly poor, greedy conduct on the part of EAware.

MaxWham
01.09.2012 , 07:05 PM | #363
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
Apologies in advance to those patiently waiting here.

I won't have a response for you today, but will tomorrow.
Thank you in advance

Kalua
01.09.2012 , 07:08 PM | #364
Quote: Originally Posted by Berethos View Post
It may be a Nvidia thing, not forced AA, as I haven't had AA forced on till today and had the shadows flicker in the trees in different spots (Belsavis, Voss, and Taris come to mind) since early access.
I did not have forced AA on as I suspected. (But the other poster was an ATI w/forced AA btw)

However, I did isolate two graphics options that cause "tree flicker".

The following in-game graphics settings worked for me to stop "tree flicker":

Starting from the defaults for a "High" 'Graphics Quality Preset'

Turn off 'Conversation Depth of Field'

OR

Set 'Shadow Quality' to "Low" (You can leave 'Conversation Depth of Field' on if you do this instead)

Note that I use the following settings (they may or may not have any bearing on the duplication of this issue)
Fullscreen w/ VSync
1920x1080
60 refresh

I can duplicate "tree flicker" with Fullscreen (Windowed) also.

BeeblesTV
01.09.2012 , 07:09 PM | #365

Thanks for acknowledging this issue. We will keep this thread alive

ArTwo
01.09.2012 , 07:18 PM | #366

Appreciate this, a little bit of communication even if it is only to say it will come later is a good thing.

ErnieVega
01.09.2012 , 07:23 PM | #367
Quote: Originally Posted by Unruhe View Post
You can dislike his tone or presentation all you want, but it's a pretty valid point.

This game was shipped, the servers went to "live" status, and we all started paying money for a game with a completely missing/broken set of graphics options. That's incredibly poor, greedy conduct on the part of EAware.
really? Im not sure i can agree with that. The game was promised to fans by the end of 2011, and the fans were as i remember it not too pleased with having to wait until december. The game had to ship eventually... There is nothing greedy about trying to keep promises made to your fans.

The game had to come out eventually, and no MMO is ever truly finished, or bug free for that matter. This is a fairly trivial matter, the texture resolutions have absolutely no effect on gameplay... there are much bigger fish to fry.
The Initiative
Vrook Lamar

ZeroGravTrooper
01.09.2012 , 07:24 PM | #368

<3
much love bro
Warriors of the Shadow --- Vanguard --- Zero
Quote: Originally Posted by Blagojevich View Post
Blagojevich approves.

United_Strafes
01.09.2012 , 07:27 PM | #369
Quote: Originally Posted by Ashes_Arizona View Post

And if your answer tomorrow is "We've decided to lock texture resolution to help make performance better for everyone!" I will log into this website and drop my subscription cause what texture resolution I personally use has nothing to do with overall performance for other peoples clients.
Ya I'll agree with this if there's not a real answer to the problem I won't renew a sub. The textures are just bad. The enviroments often look good but the horrible contrast with characters just throws it off. I just did a major overhaul for Battlefield 3 and spent some decent cash. I understand ppl need to play on thier Dells too but that's what low and medium are for.

Toweleeeie
01.09.2012 , 07:28 PM | #370

Thank you for responding! This is all we are asking for when it comes to communication. Just a "we have seen this thread" response. Look how happy you have made people.
I like turtles