Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

carnac_fett
01.09.2012 , 04:59 PM | #331
Quote: Originally Posted by LaVolpex View Post
i BELIEVE they are working for me, can someone confirm?

http://i42.tinypic.com/15rz68x.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/k2o5rk.jpg
Can't tell with those screenshots, you're zoomed out way too far to see any detail on either character.

And no, they aren't working for anyone.
Safeguard - Jedi Guardian - Harbinger (US)

Anareon
01.09.2012 , 04:59 PM | #332
I think you are all setting yourselves up for a big letdown. I think the textures in game are here to stay and they will not be higher resolutuon textures anytime soon. If they exist and are available why aren't they turned on now? Possibly they are bugged, not finished, or were never intended to go into the game to keep as many customers with low end computers playing the game.

The textures you are seeing in cutscenes are just for that, cutscenes. The textures you were seeing in pre-release videos and stills were for marketing promotions.

Now don't get me wrong I love the game and I think it's amazing. I will not be going anywhere myself and plan on playing a long time.

Happy gaming.

thatshanep
01.09.2012 , 05:00 PM | #333
Glad they said something. Now I honestly don't care how long it takes to get fixed, i just wanted to make sure they were planning on doing something other than remove them from the game! Glad we got our message out there. Also to all of you who said it was just "lighting"....lol.

daMarek
01.09.2012 , 05:01 PM | #334
Quote: Originally Posted by Anareon View Post
I think you are all setting yourselves up for a big letdown. I think the textures in game are here to stay and they will not be higher resolutuon textures anytime soon. If they exist and are available why aren't they turned on now? Possibly they are bugged, not finished, or were never intended to go into the game to keep as many customers with low end computers playing the game.

The textures you are seeing in cutscenes are just for that, cutscenes. The textures you were seeing in pre-release videos and stills were for marketing promotions.

Now don't get me wrong I love the game and I think it's amazing. I will not be going anywhere myself and plan on playing a long time.

Happy gaming.
Wrong thread fanboi

carnac_fett
01.09.2012 , 05:01 PM | #335
Cool theories, but you're wrong.
Safeguard - Jedi Guardian - Harbinger (US)

BeeblesTV
01.09.2012 , 05:05 PM | #336
Any update yet?

Jeronas
01.09.2012 , 05:06 PM | #337

Happy gaming.
Ehh... under what rock have you been living the last decade?

There is something called Texture Quality settings. Low, Medium, High !

If you have a crappy old machine, you simply put it on Low. People with better systems can put it on Medium and people that invested a lot of money in HighEnd system have the choice to put it on High !

This is pretty much the norm! Turbine even went as far as to release a special HighRes texture pack for LOTRO for people to download who want to and have systems that can handle it.
Has been this way since that game released!

Right now only Low and Medium textures are available. The High setting doesn't work! This is either a bug or deliberately removed due to issues (perhaps a memory leak that still needs to be fixed? who knows!).

Fact is that till a sertain point in time during Closed Beta the High resolution textures were available and suddenly, without warning nor explanation, removed!
You can simply check all the official screenshots and old Beta screenshots from testers to see for yourself how much better the characters look with the High Res textures!

You can almost say we are being scammed by Bioware, as we were made believe via official screenshots and videos how good the game can look, with high detailed characters... and now we bought the game, we are NOT ABLE to enjoy it with the same quality as the screenshots and videos!

So we all have the right to get an explanation on this and when High Res textures will be enabled again!!

Glzmo
01.09.2012 , 05:10 PM | #338
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
Hey all, wanted to let you know we're aware of this issue.

We're tracking down the details with the development team and will give you an update soon - hopefully later today.
Wonderful news. I really hope this will be fixed soon and we'll finally be able to enjoy high resolution textures during all of gameplay.

While you are posting updates, could you perhaps be so kind and post an update on chat bubbles as well? Thanks!

RachelAnne
01.09.2012 , 05:11 PM | #339
Quote:
If you have a crappy old machine, you simply put it on Low. People with better systems can put it on Medium and people that invested a lot of money in HighEnd system have the choice to put it on High !
The thing is, you dont even need to spend a fortune on a pc to play games in best graphic settings

With a good 600$ system you can play all games on max and this is probably not going to change that soon. Due the console generation we are a bit "stuck" atm. Look how few games actually support quad´s or six cores. How few SLI or Dx 11 - the next major update will most likely come in 2013 or 2014 with the next gen until then buy a PC for 500-600 and be happy

Self build ofc, dont buy it at a shop - these PC´s are not so good for gamers.

Jeronas
01.09.2012 , 05:14 PM | #340
Quote: Originally Posted by RachelAnne View Post
The thing is, you dont even need to spend a fortune on a pc to play games in best graphic settings

With a good 600$ system you can play all games on max and this is probably not going to change that soon. Due the console generation we are a bit "stuck" atm. Look how few games actually support quad´s or six cores. How few SLI or Dx 11 - the next major update will most likely come in 2013 or 2014 with the next gen until then buy a PC for 500-600 and be happy

Self build ofc, dont buy it at a shop - these PC´s are not so good for gamers.
I know...always build my own PC's since I was a kid! I spend good money on the Core i7 925 CPU and dual channel 6GB RAM and the famous Asus motherboard. But I have a humble GeForce 560GT graphics card.
I run the game over 50-90 FPS average in all zones, even with lots of people around, like on Republic Fleet.

I know I can handle the HighRes textures and I hope it's a bug with the settings that can be fixed quickly and soon, so we can enjoy the game and our characters in HighRes!