Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

HerrFett
01.09.2012 , 12:34 PM | #251
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
Hey all, wanted to let you know we're aware of this issue.

We're tracking down the details with the development team and will give you an update soon - hopefully later today.
So,what about an update on the low FPS issues too?
Unsubscribed SWTOR due to FPS problems/terribad engine,ignorant devs/community managers and false advertising.

LGalucard
01.09.2012 , 12:35 PM | #252
Quote: Originally Posted by Mormack View Post
I don't seem to have any issues with any flickering during cutscenes....but such is the nature of PCs. That's why this issue along with some others is so complicated. 2 million different people with 2 million different configurations.
Is very location dependent , ive never seen the flickering on the empire side , but tython had flickering on any dialogue that had leaves.

AdamLKvist
01.09.2012 , 12:36 PM | #253
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
Hey all, wanted to let you know we're aware of this issue.

We're tracking down the details with the development team and will give you an update soon - hopefully later today.
Thank you

Choatley
01.09.2012 , 12:42 PM | #254
Quote: Originally Posted by Venares View Post
Sadly I have to agree.
Worst CS I have every seen, especially in a AAA title.
Then you never spent any real time in the EQ2 official forums.

Seriously though, they'll fix it. I don't know what most people want them to say, other than the obligatory "we're looking at it" post that I think we just got today. They are not going to just eliminate the high option. The delays in any comments are probably more because Mods don't have information about it and are asked not to talk about it until they are given some. I don't know why anyone would be shocked by it.

It's good that everyone is reporting it, but being unreasonable or childish won't speed up a fix. I'm confident that they are working on it and a fix will come when it's ready. They haven't given me any reason to think the world is ending at this point.
Choatley - Sorcerer - Helm of Graush
"Everybody wants to be like me. The villain is the one that you came to see."

Barracudastr
01.09.2012 , 12:42 PM | #255
Quote: Originally Posted by HerrFett View Post
So,what about an update on the low FPS issues too?
That has nothing to do with this thread sorry.

Its not a oh look a dev posted time to hammer him with random issues thread.

This thread concerns high res textures and only that.

Start a new thread for your issue.

Choatley
01.09.2012 , 12:43 PM | #256
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalua View Post
The bolded part of the quote is very interesting to me as cutscenes are the only times that I see "tree flicker". I can't rightly explain it, but the tree leaves appear to have shading issues or something causing them to flicker constantly during cutscenes. This helps make sense of the problem, if an entirely different quality of texture is being loaded for the cs.
I've seen this with shadows as well during cutscenes.
Choatley - Sorcerer - Helm of Graush
"Everybody wants to be like me. The villain is the one that you came to see."

nKSharp
01.09.2012 , 12:46 PM | #257
Can't wait for higher resolution graphics. Game looks old on my 580.

xGrinchy
01.09.2012 , 12:47 PM | #258
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalua View Post
The bolded part of the quote is very interesting to me as cutscenes are the only times that I see "tree flicker". I can't rightly explain it, but the tree leaves appear to have shading issues or something causing them to flicker constantly during cutscenes. This helps make sense of the problem, if an entirely different quality of texture is being loaded for the cs.
Repro'd here as well.

BeeblesTV
01.09.2012 , 12:48 PM | #259
Excellent, a response. Thanks OP for keeping tabs on this. And thanks Stephen for finding us an answer.

JNewell
01.09.2012 , 12:49 PM | #260
If this was an " unknown " issue then the stealth/ninja fix on the PTR would not have ever happened.
The problem would have been addressed long before now. The fact that it has not been addressed and the stealth nerf is on PTR tells me they are having issues with stability and Hi Rez textures.
Just my thoughts