Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

RaidX
01.09.2012 , 12:14 PM | #231
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
Hey all, wanted to let you know we're aware of this issue.

We're tracking down the details with the development team and will give you an update soon - hopefully later today.
Wow

nice, i always wonder how comes textures were so crap

-sasori
01.09.2012 , 12:16 PM | #232
To further explore this issue: It's not just the textures. Reflections are missing too. (Shader)

Both are made in game no cutscenes. Since it's bugged in those too, and yes the current texture quality is awful...

Inside Hangar : Outside

http://i.imgur.com/JON9k.jpg
Helmet visor, Shoulders Breastplate.

Especially the legplates
http://i.imgur.com/mj1kr.jpg
Those green boots, seriously...what a mess.

Oh and shadows! Would be nice to get an offical response if they are aware it's not just AA and the Textures who are not working properly.
What, wait - I don't even...

SinisterZz
01.09.2012 , 12:16 PM | #233

We're tracking down the details with the development team and will give you an update soon - hopefully later today.
Thank god! Thank you very much for the responce we were waiting for. I know the team will be able to solve this asap.

Keep up the good work!

Sparckus
01.09.2012 , 12:16 PM | #234

Thanks Stephen, can we have more of this please?

Lack of communication is what's causing a fair few of the rage posts on these forums. All we want is for acknowledgement of issues that we're having and not blanket silence that causes uncertainty and animosity.

Thanks.

Zlattrick
01.09.2012 , 12:21 PM | #235
Thanks BW

Mormack
01.09.2012 , 12:21 PM | #236

Thank you Stephen, but please be sure to ask why the Medium textures are the new high Textures on the PTR. We know the textures are in game and no offense, but its kinda disheartening to see them change it to where medium = high on the PTR.

Medium:

http://i.imgur.com/6Qo5g.jpg

High:

http://i.imgur.com/MHpRs.jpg

we know its all in there. We would just like the option to be able to use them if we have the system for them.

Gradivus
01.09.2012 , 12:21 PM | #237
And there we have it. Turns out the internet still works. Good to know. Take your time with fixing it.

Zlattrick
01.09.2012 , 12:22 PM | #238
Quote: Originally Posted by Sparckus View Post
Thanks Stephen, can we have more of this please?

Lack of communication is what's causing a fair few of the rage posts on these forums. All we want is for acknowledgement of issues that we're having and not blanket silence that causes uncertainty and animosity.

Thanks.
BW are posting a helluva lot more than I've seen other MMO developers do. I remember when people said BW don't even check the forums, oh how wrong those ppl were.

Mc_TheRipper
01.09.2012 , 12:23 PM | #239

Good to hear as this is one of the bugs (together with the clipping isses with clothing, the bugs concerning companions and the bad performance) which really keep me from enjoying this game fully.
9/29/11 Survivor

skepticck
01.09.2012 , 12:23 PM | #240

yes finally an answer or more of an acknowledgment but we'll take what we can get.

Still i can't help but have a bad feeling about this, there would be no reason to remove the medium options in 1.1 if they were planing to resolve the issue soon, that would have been unnecessary work for only a couple days or weeks or whatever time it would take to correct the issue.
But no they took out the options and did that in a covert way, without mention in the patch notes, so call me paranoid but that doesn't give me much confidence.

Anyway i'm not in their heads so there is maybe a very logical explanation for the way they did it, i hope there is because i really like this game but every time i look at my chars armor i can't help but cringe.

Lets wait and see, not much else we can do anyway.