Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

Gradivus
01.09.2012 , 08:45 AM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by Kraylessa View Post
Well, it's Monday. Bioware folks should be back in the office. Hopefully we'll hear something today. Be sure to tweet Stephen Reid about it, if you haven't already.
I'm one of the four people that have no Twitter account, so i'll focus my attention on the good old forum.

Langbot
01.09.2012 , 08:48 AM | #122
Bumpity Bump. I can't wait for higher res player texture! Hopefully BW can squeeze them into patch 1.1

Kraylessa
01.09.2012 , 08:48 AM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by Gradivus View Post
I'm one of the four people that have no Twitter account, so i'll focus my attention on the good old forum.
I was one of the other three until I made a Twitter account specifically to tweet Stephen Reid with.
If you stab me in the back, I'll shoot you in the face.

Vlacke
01.09.2012 , 08:49 AM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by Ommm View Post
Quoted for truth. I want my money back. I dont want to support marketing liers in this company and of those game mags.

I like the devs, the artists, the ppl who are true workers, even the support stuff, but being lied to like that is stupid and i want my money back now.

They actually haven't lied to anyone, it appears there is a problem that they are aware of and they will fix it eventually, we would like a clarification on when this will happen because for some of us this is a big problem.
That is why an official statement would be much appreciated.

They didn't remove/disable these texture to mock us you know, but to fix some serious issues most likely, believe it or not they want their game to be in a perfect condition even more than we do.

People here would just want these texture issues resolved sooner rather than later.

Cordelia
01.09.2012 , 08:50 AM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by Gradivus View Post
I'm one of the other 3 . I can't stand Twitter.

Anyway, whatever way the news is delivered , I hope they are at least working on enabling hi-res textures for those of us who want them back in the game.

Venares
01.09.2012 , 08:51 AM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by Vlacke View Post
They actually haven't lied to anyone, it appears there is a problem that they are aware of and they will fix it eventually, we would like a clarification on when this will happen because for some of us this is a big problem.

They didn't remove/disable these texture to mock us you know, but to fix some serious issues most likely, believe it or not they want their game to be in a perfect condition even more than we do.

People here would just want these texture issues resolved sooner rather than later.
Appreciated, but its does leave an awfull sour taste in the mouth when they start ninja fixing things
"Recitation: If I see one more idiot attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself."

MaxWham
01.09.2012 , 08:52 AM | #127
So where are ya Bioware? Answer!

daMarek
01.09.2012 , 08:52 AM | #128
When they enable the hi-res textures I think I'm gonna take vacation and play all day long

Kraylessa
01.09.2012 , 08:53 AM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by Vlacke View Post

Well, I don't necessarily believe that they will eventually fix it at this point. I had hoped that was the case. Stephen Reid said that was the case. But then this stealth change on the PTR with removing the Medium option altogether and making the current Medium the new "High" has me worried that they no longer intend to ever implement the high res textures. At least with the non-working High setting in there, it was clearly a bug and it seemed like it would eventually be fixed. By removing the option altogether, I am concerned that their version of a "fix" is simply to eliminate the option indefinitely.
If you stab me in the back, I'll shoot you in the face.

LGalucard
01.09.2012 , 08:58 AM | #130
I actually went ahead and downloaded ati tray tools and boosted AF and AA to a stupid degree and the games looks now acceptable. There is a still an obvious difference when you do the holocron thingy and still makes me pissed.

In the first place we shouldn't even have to force so many graphic settings from external software to make the game look "decent" this should be in the game and even more considering that holocron textures look great is like slap in the face every time i activate that thing