Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

Arkulin
01.09.2012 , 08:30 AM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by daMarek View Post
Ok it's 8:30 in texas. Anytime now!
Fingers crossed

http://imgur.com/3JUxV

Errathe
01.09.2012 , 08:30 AM | #112
Last night I did the 'holo-comm test' again just to see what had changed between beta and the last patch. I was quite shocked to see that the difference in texture resolutions was so profound!

It was like, 'oh! so that's what my belt is supposed to look like!'.

It's not a deal-breaker, but as a highly visual person (I'm a graphic artist), it bothers the heck out of me!

What really worries me, though, - beside the lack of communication from Bioware on this matter - is that the issue has been hidden under the virtual carpet by simply removing one of the graphics options in the Preferences menu. That's like a CIA spokesman saying, "What problem?", while you can clearly see the staff burning the evidence out back.

Gradivus
01.09.2012 , 08:36 AM | #113
I do hope that they removed the "Medium" setting and pushed it to high as a temporary measure so that people are not too confused. If they really just canned the highest resolution textures, I'd be seriously dissappointed.

Vlacke
01.09.2012 , 08:36 AM | #114
The funny thing is, this game in beta had much richer graphical options, there was AA, there were textures, there was a view/draw distance slider (the thing that has disappeared which i find rather annoying).

And now options just keep vanishing into thin air.

The fact that they are planning to remove MEDIUM texture quality option and present current medium option as HIGH texture option is just obnoxious frankly.

Hell, even the shadows option should have a medium setting because the way it is now it's either full shadows or almost no shadows at all on low, couldn't there be a middle ground maybe?

Gradivus
01.09.2012 , 08:36 AM | #115
AA is back in as of last patch.

JNewell
01.09.2012 , 08:37 AM | #116
Bump.

Also over the weekend I was looking through a GameInformer magazine where they did a review of SWTOR.
And every single screen shot / print they published was using hi rez textures. Funny how the media gets a client with them enabled and the consumer does not.
My game does not look like those pictures that are being used to sell this game. Why are you advertising this game with settings you dont have enabled?

I suppose for some people its OK to crank up the settings to drive the hype and sales. The bad part is when you get home thats NOT the case at all.

edit: While they do not have the same screenshots on their website as they do in the magazine, every screenshot on the website also has HI Rez textures.

NICE Bioware & EA- Stay Classy

Rayvenous
01.09.2012 , 08:38 AM | #117
Bump for a better image quality ... itīs a shame since this "problem" takes away a good bunch of athmosphere

Ommm
01.09.2012 , 08:39 AM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by JNewell View Post
Bump.

Also over the weekend I was looking through a GameInformer magazine where they did a review of SWTOR.
And every single screen shot / print they published was using hi rez textures. Funny how the media gets a client with them enabled and the consumer does not.
My game does not look like those pictures that are being used to sell this game. Why are you advertising this game with settings you dont have enabled?
Quoted for truth. I want my money back. I dont want to support marketing liers in this company and of those game mags.

I like the devs, the artists, the ppl who are true workers, even the support stuff, but being lied to like that is stupid and i want my money back now.
This signature is currently missing from the website. I don't have an ETA on when will this basic feature be implemented but it is in my plans.

Gradivus
01.09.2012 , 08:43 AM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by Ommm View Post
I want my money back.
You're definitely not getting it, so concentrate on getting back the high resolution textures. You might get those.

Kraylessa
01.09.2012 , 08:43 AM | #120
Well, it's Monday. Bioware folks should be back in the office. Hopefully we'll hear something today. Be sure to tweet Stephen Reid about it, if you haven't already.
If you stab me in the back, I'll shoot you in the face.