Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

Gradivus
01.09.2012 , 08:07 AM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Ommm View Post
mirror classes are no real mirror classes, due to the animations taking longer for some skills.
Well, that's just a design decision, I suppose. They don't have to make them mirrored and they have never said they will. The classes are comparable, but not mirrors of each other. There is no such thing as a 80% mirror, either it is or it isn't, as it stands now, the classes are not mirrors of each other. Not sure if they intend to chage that.

Anyway, the issue above is arguably a design decision. The texture problem, however, is either a bug or a downgrade in the graphics. Would be good to hear an official word of which it is and if it's permanent.

BeeblesTV
01.09.2012 , 08:09 AM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Deamor View Post
I love that 1st screenshot. If you took it yourself, congratulations for making one of the most awesome screenshots ever.
It's from one of the quests on Nar Shadda, that's my marauder, thanks!

ArTwo
01.09.2012 , 08:11 AM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Truga View Post
I'm at work right now, but actually you are right, they don't always look high res:

http://truga.hlod.net/swtor/Screensh..._45_026338.jpg seems fine at first glance, but upon close inspection, you can see the crappy textures on the dead trooper...

I guess I just never really looked at things outside dialogue/character creation/selection because I was busy playing the game :<
Looking at that image scaled to my screen resolution, I really wish they would make the interface scalable, I can read and be happy with the size of that UI relative to the rest of the screen no problem at all but instead its HUGE @1920x1080.

Vlacke
01.09.2012 , 08:12 AM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by Truga View Post
I'm at work right now, but actually you are right, they don't always look high res:

http://truga.hlod.net/swtor/Screensh..._45_026338.jpg seems fine at first glance, but upon close inspection, you can see the crappy textures on the dead trooper...

I guess I just never really looked at things outside dialogue/character creation/selection because I was busy playing the game :<
Regarding this, i actually think that some of the high res textures are shown in game, just randomly, it's very inconsistent.

For example some textures in pictures that people provided aren't nowhere near as bad at my end, and some are.

The high res textures are therefore in game, just not displaying properly, or whats more likely from my point of view is that only SOME of the high textures are in game and the rest is removed for whatever reason.

Edryk
01.09.2012 , 08:12 AM | #105
Quote:
What is more, they deleted the "Medium" quality option, and now there are only two options. Low and High. And yes, you are right: High is just the new Medium, as you can see in this screenshot:
It amazes me that they think they can slip a change like that in, with no mention in the patch notes, and expect that no one notices. No reply here, no comment... Bioware really needs to step up in communication. This kind of thing just alienates your customers.

BeeblesTV
01.09.2012 , 08:13 AM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Edryk View Post
It amazes me that they think they can slip a change like that in, with no mention in the patch notes, and expect that no one notices. No reply here, no comment... Bioware really needs to step up in communication. This kind of thing just alienates your customers.
We won't let it go by without asking for clarification.

Napalmbrain
01.09.2012 , 08:14 AM | #107
Not gonna weed through thousands of replies , but is there still no dev response?

Are you joking? They don't even have ONE person checking these forums and replying when needed?

Funny, every time I talk about how annoying the community is, I get modded, so someone is watching.

This is embarrassing Bioware, and honestly if we can't get a response for something as trivial as this, what can we expect in the future?

Gradivus
01.09.2012 , 08:17 AM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Napalmbrain View Post
Not gonna weed through thousands of replies , but is there still no dev response?

Are you joking? They don't even have ONE person checking these forums and replying when needed?

Funny, every time I talk about how annoying the community is, I get modded, so someone is watching.

This is embarrassing Bioware, and honestly if we can't get a response for something as trivial as this, what can we expect in the future?
No official word as of yet.

BalynRex
01.09.2012 , 08:25 AM | #109
I'm just bumping this.

daMarek
01.09.2012 , 08:28 AM | #110
Ok it's 8:30 in texas. Anytime now!