Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

mesha
01.11.2012 , 07:42 AM | #1011
Quote: Originally Posted by Vlacke View Post
Bottom line is this will be fixed there is no doubt about it, it is just a question of when.
I for one don't have any problem with waiting for it to happen because i already enjoy this game.
Some people don't like to wait for something that's obviously missing while still paying for the product.

skepticck
01.11.2012 , 07:44 AM | #1012
Quote: Originally Posted by LaVolpex View Post
u wont be missed then, fanboys and self entitlement junkies on this thread need to realize , software doesnt magically get fixed because you whine the loudest and threaten to quit, nevermind that they are not getting A SINGLE CENT OUT OF YOU YET REGARDLESS so your I QUIT rants are pretty stupid ...

yall need to learn some friggin patience, and also , you need to lear to play an mmo because of the SUBSTANCE not EYE CANDY .

I think its sad that people here act like blurry jedi tshirts are the end of the world and the game is downright unplayable because of it, you people make me sick
How about adding people like you that seem to think that only their opinion matters,

you don't mind " blurry jedi tshirts ", well some people do, its their opinion, their choice and since they pay their subscription same as you, you have the right to your opinion but not to tell others that their opinion is any less valid than yours.

So if people have a different opinion than you, they make you sick. What does that make you exactly.

He's not the only one that wouldn't be missed.

NightskyStar
01.11.2012 , 07:44 AM | #1013
Quote: Originally Posted by Vlacke View Post
Some of the people here really need to chill.
Many in this thread are being very constructive and are adding to quality discussion while some are just spilling their venomous poison and not having anything smart to say in the process, some of those probably didn't even notice this issue until they ran into this topic and are now immensely loud.

Bottom line is this will be fixed there is no doubt about it, it is just a question of when.
I for one don't have any problem with waiting for it to happen because i already enjoy this game.
Will this change effect average FPS in the game? Should i be worried?

fredspekvet
01.11.2012 , 07:45 AM | #1014
Forget it.. BW aint responding to this anymore , my guess is they'll lock the topic and let us figure it out by ourselves.

Comar
01.11.2012 , 07:46 AM | #1015
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
Hey all, I am here to apologize again... the good news is we have a draft of our response (you might be able to guess it's not a sentence or two) but I am circulating it internally to ensure my technical details are correct.

To give you an insight into our process here... as the Community team does with most big replies, I tracked down a variety of people on our client and art teams to get the facts on how the game works before putting the post together. As I'm representing those teams publicly, I want to ensure they're happy with what I'm saying on their behalf before I post it. They're busy people, so I'm just waiting on their sign-off right now.

I appreciate your patience and assuming we have sign-off this evening, you'll get our response tomorrow. If not, I accept the incoming rotten eggs.
ok hopefully you come back with an answer like: it will be fixed with next patch. thx for your effort though!
Darth Sious - Synthweaver/Slicer on "The Red Eclipse"

In Beta known as:Parsec, Dredale, Sabero, Drem, Kaast, Kia'a

Vlacke
01.11.2012 , 07:49 AM | #1016
Quote: Originally Posted by NightskyStar View Post
Will this change effect average FPS in the game? Should i be worried?
When the high resolution textures start working properly it will impact the FPS to some extent of course, for those who don't own high end PC's, those who do wont have any problems.

But adjustments can always be made, for example turn on high textures, but put shadows to low, or lower AA from 4 to 2.

AuroraKet
01.11.2012 , 07:57 AM | #1017
Quote: Originally Posted by Comar View Post
ok hopefully you come back with an answer like: it will be fixed with next patch. thx for your effort though!
I wouldn't bet on it, given the response made. He's either figuring out the flowery wording of 'won't be fixed', or he's making sure everyone has their will in order for all the SW fanatics who bought the game, that live within striking range of them, when they say it.

Erizo
01.11.2012 , 07:59 AM | #1018
tagging

Merwanor
01.11.2012 , 08:07 AM | #1019
There is no reason for the High textures to not be implemented, they are allready in the game, they are just not present outside of cutscenes which is very odd. I always wonder how come games like Skyrim and such are released with sub par textures, then some modder manages to release much higher textures for the game and I notice no more than a 1-3 fps hit from the much, much better textures. Are developers just awfull at making textures or what is the deal?
The Dark Side of the Force is the pathway to many abilities some consider to be… Unnatural.

Deamor
01.11.2012 , 08:08 AM | #1020
Quote: Originally Posted by Merwanor View Post
There is no reason for the High textures to not be implemented, they are allready in the game, they are just not present outside of cutscenes which is very odd. I always wonder how come games like Skyrim and such are released with sub par textures, then some modder manages to release much higher textures for the game and I notice no more than a 1-3 fps hit from the much, much better textures. Are developers just awfull at making textures or what is the deal?
1 word:

Consoles
▔▔▔▔▔╲╱▔▔▔▔▔
The Red Eclipse - EU