Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Invalid name?

mrObtuse
12.15.2011 , 05:38 PM | #11
I can't use my name, Obtuse. Invalid. Opened a ticket. In beta weekend the same thing happened, I thought it meant it was taken and went with Obtuseviolator

mrObtuse
12.19.2011 , 02:41 PM | #12
Update... Ticket response says the name was already taken...

No, it isn't. Try to friend obtuse: obtuse does not exist. The error is invalid name. Try to name a character Bob- result, name is already taken error. Responded to the email with this info

Fierabras
01.07.2012 , 07:49 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by mrObtuse View Post
Update... Ticket response says the name was already taken...

No, it isn't. Try to friend obtuse: obtuse does not exist. The error is invalid name. Try to name a character Bob- result, name is already taken error. Responded to the email with this info
If the user is not online at the time you cannot friend them, you would have to watch "Who" for the username to popup. I have tried to add my alts to my friends list so I can use the easy drop down name selector for those brain dead moments to prevent me from sending crafting mats to the wrong char via typo's. I have reported the issue as there are tons of legitimate reasons to add a user to your friends list who is not currently online and this issue needs to be addressed.