Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Major Framerate issues.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Scarrow
12.14.2011 , 06:53 AM | #21
Ok Zayden your looking pretty good matter of fact this is probably a pc you purchased recently and has up to date drivers. Now here is the bad part, The drivers you are using have been know to give alot of artifacting with some games and it has been suggested to actually remove those drivers in safe mode and install the version of 266.58 drivers to alleviate alot of those issues. Thats just a heads up if you happen to get kalidescope or blocking when you first start up the game. I cant see too much after that since your system seems to be well built at first glance. Shrug if you have probs later let me know.

Zayden
12.14.2011 , 07:03 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Joshbonrise View Post
My Friend, if you have FPS issue with such PC, then surely there is something wrong here.

It can't be about low or high end pcs but its all about the game then.

I can't tell much as i'm not in yet but I will try to post again on forums about my fps when i'm in.

but again, with a monster you have there, you should've play this game at maxed settings without ZERO FPS issues at all. There's surely something wrong in the game and hopefully they will fix it very soon.
Thank you, it feels kinda weird getting around 100fps in battlefield 3 with everything on max to have bad fps in a game that runs fine on 4 year old machines. I'm so looking forward to this game but it will really diminish alot of my experience if i have this low fps.

Agasius
12.14.2011 , 07:06 AM | #23
so if I can run BF3/skyrim then I should be able to run this one with no problems as well, right?
I feel a great disturbance in the horse!

Scarrow
12.14.2011 , 07:08 AM | #24
That may be the case Ag but it is not a given depending on the drivers and the hardware your using it may run just fine or like a total dog. Post up a DxDiag so i can see what you are running and I will be able to give a more informed opinion (notice I put opinion dont haze me later for it).

Zayden
12.14.2011 , 07:09 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Scarrow View Post
Ok Zayden your looking pretty good matter of fact this is probably a pc you purchased recently and has up to date drivers. Now here is the bad part, The drivers you are using have been know to give alot of artifacting with some games and it has been suggested to actually remove those drivers in safe mode and install the version of 266.58 drivers to alleviate alot of those issues. Thats just a heads up if you happen to get kalidescope or blocking when you first start up the game. I cant see too much after that since your system seems to be well built at first glance. Shrug if you have probs later let me know.
Have hade no problems at all with my drivers in battlefield 3 and skyrim didnt have any problems in saints row the third either. Most people said that this was the driver that worked the best for them in the beta.

I'm really not trying to brag here but im getting 44k in 3dmark vantage with everything on stock. 50k when the cpu is clocked to 4.4ghz, so my system is performing as it should. What i would like to try and find out though is what it is thats causing the problem. Maybe its a particular setting in the client that is bugged?

Ginastera
12.14.2011 , 07:12 AM | #26
I'm having similar issues, ATI Radeon mobile, and installed the newest patch. That didn't seem to help any, but turning shadows off definitely did.

Agasius
12.14.2011 , 07:13 AM | #27
That may be the case Ag but it is not a given depending on the drivers and the hardware your using it may run just fine or like a total dog. Post up a DxDiag so i can see what you are running and I will be able to give a more informed opinion (notice I put opinion dont haze me later for it).
I wont post the whole dx
but I have pentium dual core 3ghz, 2gb ram, win 7, and gts 450

I'm not expecting 100 fps but at least a decent 30 minimum...
I've been a gamer since I was 8, now I'm 25 and never been confused about a game's performance on any of my pcs so far.SWTOR changed that however

Scarrow
12.14.2011 , 07:21 AM | #28
Ag, k a few things, the suggested amount of ram for this game is 2gigs alone. This means that with only the 2 gigs you have right now it has to share that memory with the operating system the game and anything else that wants a nice chunk of it while your running the game (IE coms, sounds, and support dirvers). This alone puts you into a major portion of page file useage which will slow down your game depending on your HD. If you have a solid state you wont notice it as much, but if you are running a typical HD then your are definately going to notice some lag in both graphics and load times.

Another point is that you have beta drivers available for your card for both Notebook and Desktop cards. This might alevaite some of the issues and they were released on the 28th of november go take a look and see if they help as well.

Agasius
12.14.2011 , 07:41 AM | #29
Ag, k a few things, the suggested amount of ram for this game is 2gigs alone. This means that with only the 2 gigs you have right now it has to share that memory with the operating system the game and anything else that wants a nice chunk of it while your running the game (IE coms, sounds, and support dirvers). This alone puts you into a major portion of page file useage which will slow down your game depending on your HD. If you have a solid state you wont notice it as much, but if you are running a typical HD then your are definately going to notice some lag in both graphics and load times.

Another point is that you have beta drivers available for your card for both Notebook and Desktop cards. This might alevaite some of the issues and they were released on the 28th of november go take a look and see if they help as well.
First to clarify that Im not in EA yet
drivers v 290
Yes i know that my pc is low end thats why I say 30 fps minimum.
During beta I had like 60 max but around 10 fps in warzones.
Even with 20 fps I would be totally OK and I believe my pc should be able to handle this.
Anyway if not Im just gonna be here enjoying the game the most I can untill I get a new pc later this year. The fact is that Im not sure if that will even be of result, as many people report same fps issues with better rigs.But for sure there are people with no issues at all.

Joshbonrise
12.14.2011 , 07:49 AM | #30

You seem to understand SWTOR logic when it comes to the specc my friend.

I have 6 GB ram(which seems 3.5 on system panel tho - using win 7 64 bit)
Dual Core E6750 + 9800GT

I had zero problems playing last video games includes Skyrim at ultra settings all maxed out to Crysis 2 or BF3 etc. I have zero problem with those games. And even AoC I used to run with zero fps problems under dx10.

How could my PC handle SWTOR? anything you can guess? And how bad 'low settings' look in SWTOR? i mean visual wise. And can I play mid/high settings without FPS problems?