Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Major Framerate issues.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

BouncerPup
12.14.2011 , 05:28 AM | #1
I did a check of my PC Specs to make sure my PC would be able to handle this game on launch, and it passed with flying colors. My graphics card is a Radeon HD 5570 (1gb version), and it can run games like Dead Space 2, Witcher 2, and Mass Effect 2 just fine, no framerate issues at all.

But I have everything set on low in The Old Republic and I'm still barely able to get above 15 frames. What gives? Why is my graphics card able to handle high-intensity games like Witcher 2, but not this game?

What can I do to tweak performance?
O-█||||||()█◖██████████████████████████████)

LoneSmuggler
12.14.2011 , 05:29 AM | #2
Same problem here, during beta it was all good, now its unplayable =(

AriTrk
12.14.2011 , 05:29 AM | #3
set text etc details to high and disable shadows + bloom
try this

BouncerPup
12.14.2011 , 05:31 AM | #4
I did. No improvement.

If it's any help, I also have 5gb of RAM and a 2.9ghz processor. I know this game isn't CPU-intensive so that can't be the problem, not with as much RAM as I have.
O-█||||||()█◖██████████████████████████████)

skjutengris
12.14.2011 , 05:46 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by BouncerPup View Post
I did. No improvement.

If it's any help, I also have 5gb of RAM and a 2.9ghz processor. I know this game isn't CPU-intensive so that can't be the problem, not with as much RAM as I have.
a MMO is cpu intense with a lot of people around.
However, to say what limits you is hard without running tests with hardware and software.

a single player game dont stress a PC much.
a MMO will so to say witcher etc..runs fine dosnt matter due to a MMO stress the hardware a lot more.
If you didnt play Everquest before year 2000 you dont know what a MMO is about.

Reohh
12.14.2011 , 05:50 AM | #6
I have the same graphics card and I'm having literally the exact same problem. On other games such has BF3 multiplayer, WoW, Skyrim, etc. I can play with no framerate issues on high settings. During the SWTOR beta I had all the settings to high and I was gettting an average of at least 50 fps. Now in live I can't get over 20. My processor is a Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4 Ghz with 6GB DDR2.

Scarrow
12.14.2011 , 05:54 AM | #7
Ladies and gentlemen can you please post your DxDiag so we can see what kind of software and hardware is running so we can better address your issues.

reaverknight
12.14.2011 , 06:05 AM | #8
This was a HUGE problem near the end of the beta and it was listed in the known issues thread in CS. They had no real fix for it when beta closed either. The thing that helped me the most was:
AA transparency to x2
and Anisotropic filtering to 16.

Sadly this only improved my fps by a little in densely populated areas. A little meaning by about 15fps. WZ's and pvp were a bust though. Especially the Alderan wz. In PvE though I was sitting around 20-35fps. Pathetic considering my specs are high above the min req's. Some people had top of the line rigs and were having the same problem. It is definitely on the server end too. Im hoping the fix comes soon because PvP is so much fun.

Also you might want to post your dxdiag file in Spoiler tags. Of course also be careful listening to just anyone in these forums. Lots of useless suggestions and unfounded statements.

Joshbonrise
12.14.2011 , 06:12 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by skjutengris View Post
a MMO is cpu intense with a lot of people around.
However, to say what limits you is hard without running tests with hardware and software.

a single player game dont stress a PC much.
a MMO will so to say witcher etc..runs fine dosnt matter due to a MMO stress the hardware a lot more.
I dont agree with you. Yes MMO could stress hardware alot more but not with such huge difference.

I havent seen anyone having FPS issues with their Nvidia cards. It's all about ATI or AMD cards. And this is the old news. Rage, BF3 etc games were same too.

someone with GT210 can run game almost smoothly while a 5570 having FPS issues. And like what? gt210x5 < 5570?

I so believe this is all about ATI and AMD cards really.

If someone who has FPS issues owned an Nvidia card, can please post here? IF there's any.

Ledvan
12.14.2011 , 06:22 AM | #10
Im having big problems with FPS, mine is running around 20.0 which is rubbish, i have a very good computer and pass all the minimum requirements. Been looking for answers for this but have hit a brick wall

I have a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series

From what i gather the power of the card isnt the issue?

I could play WoW on max settings... i know this isnt WoW but thats all i can use as a comparison as i didnt play the Beta.

Heres my DxDiag, someome please help!!

Spoiler