Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guide: How to WRECK lvl 50 Assassin PVP solo que

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Guide: How to WRECK lvl 50 Assassin PVP solo que

Trayes
01.09.2012 , 10:58 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Hethroin View Post
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#20...rskZZf0cRrMz.1

Torment: reduces force cost of Thrash by 2 and Shock by 6. This nets you 10 force every 4.5 seconds (Thrash, Thrash, Shock) This is almost the same as 3/3 Points in Blood of Sith. This spec casts Thrash a lot, if it's not casting Thrash it's casting Shock, and if it's not casting either of those it's casting Assassinate (kill-shot) or free-Crushing-Darkness (which you just proced by casting Thrash).

Lightning Recovery is a must for a PVP build that puts more than 5 points into Darkness. Nothing like breaking roots and getting back on your target when they thought they had you stuck.

You could put a second point into Thrashing Blades by taking one away from Premonition, but this (for me anyhow) is the only debatable change in this spec, and will not make a visible difference in how it plays.
Why do you guys keep putting points in Swelling Shadows when the stupid thing has a cooldown.

No matter what you are capped out at once every 1.5 sec. After patch it will be once every 4.5 sec. Putting points into Swelling Shadows makes no sense.
Where there is light, there is darkness...

Cowflab
01.09.2012 , 12:26 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Deridia View Post
Unless I'm missing something, how exactly is a 9% dmg boost to all attacks, regardless of the charge form, useless?

Oh wait, I think I just realized it. Does this 9% jut buff the Lightning Charge does xxx dmg every 1.5 seconds or does it actually buff all attacks while actually using that charge?
If I'm understanding correctly it increase all charge effects by 9% only. Not attacks under the charges.

kainsec
01.09.2012 , 04:10 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Cowflab View Post
If I'm understanding correctly it increase all charge effects by 9% only. Not attacks under the charges.
That is correct from what i have seen. Dark charge does what 50 damage, 9% of 50 is what 4 point something. Yea not wasting 3 points on that
level 50 Sith Assassin
level 50 Mara
Member of Shadow Empire

kainsec
01.09.2012 , 04:25 PM | #24
23-0-18 is miles ahead of 31-0-10 for PVP.

You have roughly the same amount of mitigation, but you're also stacking DPS-increasing talents with Death Field (30m > PBAE) and instant whirlwind for turning 2v2 fights into two 2v1 fights.
I would say neither is ahead or behind. They are different playstyles. One offers better utility and a moderate gain in resilience. The other offers a slight to moderate DPS gain (depending on procs) and another CC.

The self-heals make quite a bit difference in a long fight losing both of them plus wither does lower survivability and group utility. The DPS gained from thrash crits are nice and WW is nice, but DF is wash bc of the secondary effect of wither and its lower cd. Raze is wash bc harnessed darkness hits harder and is more reliable in terms of how to proc it.

Now when Raze procs frequently (once every 4 or 5 gcds but its just as possible to go 20 gcds due to its low proc rate off crits) yea the spec is better but my personal preference is not to leave that much to chance. Again it's all personal preference and play styles.
level 50 Sith Assassin
level 50 Mara
Member of Shadow Empire

Trayes
01.09.2012 , 04:29 PM | #25
Again because no one has responded to my last post. STOP PUTTING POINTS IN SWELLING SHADOWS.

Thank you!
Where there is light, there is darkness...

fitterbr
01.09.2012 , 04:38 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Mastodonic View Post
I'm thinking about dropping deception and running with darkness now that I'm 25 and have lacerate. Before i do, i want to know if Khem Val does good dmg in his DPS stance if i take him off tanking. Or do i leave him as a tank anyway?
I don't think it would make a huge difference either way but you may as well put him in dps stance if you are going darkness until you get a dps companion.
(██////////////██████████████████████████████████████)

fitterbr
01.09.2012 , 04:39 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Deonorth View Post
My only question is a minor one on your talent spec. Why go 3/3 Electric Execution as opposed to going 2/2 Thrashing Blades and 1/3 Electric Execution? It feels like since you will be using Dark Charge all the time the dmg on it is real small, does it add up? As opposed to having to having a stronger Thrash.
Either of these are acceptable. I find myself attacking from 5-10m range the majority of the time and not able to use thrash, hence my selection.
(██////////////██████████████████████████████████████)

Makk
01.09.2012 , 04:42 PM | #28
23-0-18 is miles ahead of 31-0-10 for PVP.

You have roughly the same amount of mitigation, but you're also stacking DPS-increasing talents with Death Field (30m > PBAE) and instant whirlwind for turning 2v2 fights into two 2v1 fights.
now, the 23-0-18 is really a pvp only spec or also a good pve spec? (the 31-0-10
seems to be good for both)

kainsec
01.09.2012 , 04:43 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Trayes View Post
Again because no one has responded to my last post. STOP PUTTING POINTS IN SWELLING SHADOWS.

Thank you!
there is nothing else to put them in is the issue. At least swelling shadows is somewhat useful compared to the other things in that tier after the speed and cloak cd reducer. Need 1 point to advance to T3 and you need to do something with 2 points from t5 since nerve wracking requires a very specific circumstance to be useful.

In the battle of which sucks the least swelling shadows wins ov er electric execution and shroud of darkness
level 50 Sith Assassin
level 50 Mara
Member of Shadow Empire

Cempa
01.09.2012 , 04:47 PM | #30