Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guide: How to WRECK lvl 50 Assassin PVP solo que

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sith Inquisitor > Assassin
Guide: How to WRECK lvl 50 Assassin PVP solo que

Mastodonic
01.08.2012 , 11:46 PM | #11
I'm thinking about dropping deception and running with darkness now that I'm 25 and have lacerate. Before i do, i want to know if Khem Val does good dmg in his DPS stance if i take him off tanking. Or do i leave him as a tank anyway?

Deonorth
01.09.2012 , 12:49 AM | #12
My only question is a minor one on your talent spec. Why go 3/3 Electric Execution as opposed to going 2/2 Thrashing Blades and 1/3 Electric Execution? It feels like since you will be using Dark Charge all the time the dmg on it is real small, does it add up? As opposed to having to having a stronger Thrash.

Aethyrprime
01.09.2012 , 01:35 AM | #13
While I do see the advantages of this build I prefer my 23-0-18. Instant Force Whirlwind with 2s stun at the end is boss as an additional interrupt for pvp or in combat ability to take an opponent out of the fight for 10s without using their CC removal. On top of that.. there's a 30m range on Death Field and only a 10m range on Wither. Also, Death Field does Internal Damage not Kinetic. So I seem to get some really nice hits on it.

After they buff Wither in the next patch however I do plan to swap to a 31-10-0 or possibly a 31-0-10 to try it out. That AOE snare will be sweet on top of the -5% damage debuff on it already. Will have to see if it's worth the trade offs. I just feel I get more out of a 23-0-18 than any other combo.

kainsec
01.09.2012 , 08:19 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Aethyrprime View Post
While I do see the advantages of this build I prefer my 23-0-18. Instant Force Whirlwind with 2s stun at the end is boss as an additional interrupt for pvp or in combat ability to take an opponent out of the fight for 10s without using their CC removal. On top of that.. there's a 30m range on Death Field and only a 10m range on Wither. Also, Death Field does Internal Damage not Kinetic. So I seem to get some really nice hits on it.

After they buff Wither in the next patch however I do plan to swap to a 31-10-0 or possibly a 31-0-10 to try it out. That AOE snare will be sweet on top of the -5% damage debuff on it already. Will have to see if it's worth the trade offs. I just feel I get more out of a 23-0-18 than any other combo.
It's a different playstyle the 23 vs the 31 build. Both are quite viable but both have different pros and cons.

31 build trends more to defensive and support tank that can still output better damage than other tanks

23 is more of an offensive tank. Reasonable survival and reasonable damage but probably should shy away from being the center of attention
level 50 Sith Assassin
level 50 Mara
Member of Shadow Empire

kainsec
01.09.2012 , 08:20 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Deonorth View Post
My only question is a minor one on your talent spec. Why go 3/3 Electric Execution as opposed to going 2/2 Thrashing Blades and 1/3 Electric Execution? It feels like since you will be using Dark Charge all the time the dmg on it is real small, does it add up? As opposed to having to having a stronger Thrash.
I go thrashing blades and 1 point into endurance buff. The endurance isn't much but electric execution is easily the worst talent in all of our trees imo.
level 50 Sith Assassin
level 50 Mara
Member of Shadow Empire

Hethroin
01.09.2012 , 08:27 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Aethyrprime View Post

23-0-18 is miles ahead of 31-0-10 for PVP.

You have roughly the same amount of mitigation, but you're also stacking DPS-increasing talents with Death Field (30m > PBAE) and instant whirlwind for turning 2v2 fights into two 2v1 fights.

Darthsuds
01.09.2012 , 09:48 AM | #17
Hey all, Im at 49 about to ding 50 and was going to start pvping, just curious about hte 23/0/18 spec you are running I just threw something together quick to see if this was it.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#20...dskZZf0forMz.1

Looking forward to trying out both, thanks!
Sith Assassin, Destroyer of Noobs.

Hethroin
01.09.2012 , 10:03 AM | #18
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#20...rskZZf0cRrMz.1

Torment: reduces force cost of Thrash by 2 and Shock by 6. This nets you 10 force every 4.5 seconds (Thrash, Thrash, Shock) This is almost the same as 3/3 Points in Blood of Sith. This spec casts Thrash a lot, if it's not casting Thrash it's casting Shock, and if it's not casting either of those it's casting Assassinate (kill-shot) or free-Crushing-Darkness (which you just proced by casting Thrash).

Lightning Recovery is a must for a PVP build that puts more than 5 points into Darkness. Nothing like breaking roots and getting back on your target when they thought they had you stuck.

You could put a second point into Thrashing Blades by taking one away from Premonition, but this (for me anyhow) is the only debatable change in this spec, and will not make a visible difference in how it plays.

Ergwin
01.09.2012 , 10:14 AM | #19
What is the skill rotation (priority) for this build?
Server: Anchorhead
T'Prophet (Assassin)
Xatox (Mercenary)

Deridia
01.09.2012 , 10:25 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by kainsec View Post
I go thrashing blades and 1 point into endurance buff. The endurance isn't much but electric execution is easily the worst talent in all of our trees imo.
Unless I'm missing something, how exactly is a 9% dmg boost to all attacks, regardless of the charge form, useless?

Oh wait, I think I just realized it. Does this 9% jut buff the Lightning Charge does xxx dmg every 1.5 seconds or does it actually buff all attacks while actually using that charge?