Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hard modes are Horribly overtuned and sometimes buggy.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Hard modes are Horribly overtuned and sometimes buggy.

Gvaz
01.08.2012 , 09:53 PM | #41
This is part of what I was talking about, these bugs tend to auto inflate the difficulty of the encounters.

We shouldn't be having these bugs period. However it's quite obvious, especially in nightmare mode and hard ops that they are hilariously untested.

Grubfist
01.08.2012 , 09:53 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Salmissra View Post
Basically this reminds me of the complaints about Scholomance way back in wow vanilla. It's absolutely all doable and without gimmicky stuff like running back in after respawns. Only real exception being revan. Without being snarky about it, there isn't much more to add except a "L2P" and a /shrug.
Vokk for republic can be impossible if you get bad RNG on the saberthrows, but that's about it. If they make it so the two strikes hit two different people every time (they USUALLY do, but not always) it would be balanced.

It's not consistent ****overs, but it can happen a number of times in a row if your luck is bad.

Hairless
01.08.2012 , 09:54 PM | #43
This whole thread sounds like we need damage meters.

Grubfist
01.08.2012 , 09:55 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Gvaz View Post
This is part of what I was talking about, these bugs tend to auto inflate the difficulty of the encounters.

We shouldn't be having these bugs period. However it's quite obvious, especially in nightmare mode and hard ops that they are hilariously untested.
I agree wholeheartedly that they are buggy. But "overtuned" does not belong anywhere in this discussion. None of them are overtuned. Some are bugged.

Grubfist
01.08.2012 , 09:56 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Hairless View Post
This whole thread sounds like we need damage meters.
We're getting a combat log. That's honestly all we need.

Salmissra
01.08.2012 , 09:59 PM | #46
Oh - and one of the best dps additions you can make is having the tank use cooldowns/self-healing early on and allowing the healer time to throw out as many nukes as they can. Most cooldowns are gonna recycle in time for danger moments anyway.

Gvaz
01.08.2012 , 10:06 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Grubfist View Post
I agree wholeheartedly that they are buggy. But "overtuned" does not belong anywhere in this discussion. None of them are overtuned. Some are bugged.
That's what I'm saying, because of the bugs you need tier 2 gear to complete them safely. Every single one I've gotten has bugged out in some fashion, or has a hilariously short timer for the gear they expect users to be using.

Yes some players are ****/dont understand how to properly play their class, etc

but since I run with friends who know what they're doing, do just fine in operations, talk on mumble we have a lot of leverage over the random pug and can overcome obstacles they cant.

Jechkt
01.08.2012 , 10:06 PM | #48
Seems pretty wrong.

The only one not doable, really, is Foundry because of Revan. Everything else was fine. Sometimes its buggy, (Ala last-boss on boarding party not giving me the chest), But I haven't seen anything not doable with some intelligence.

So. I disagree.