Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Hard modes are Horribly overtuned and sometimes buggy.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Hard modes are Horribly overtuned and sometimes buggy.

Grubfist's Avatar


Grubfist
01.08.2012 , 08:21 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Gvaz View Post
Yes....because Hard modes are meant to gear up for ops.

That is how the rewards are set up.

The last boss of a hard mode drops epic crafting items too.

This is almost the same as wow, minus the tier 2 chest piece drop. Instead in wow you generally get a nice weapon and/or more commendations.
So 7 tries at the same quality of gear as you get 1 chance at in ops is "meant to be gearing for ops".

So you "gear for ops" by getting all of the gear that it drops before you kill its bosses?

What?

I'm sorry, but you're spouting nonsense. And nearly every post in this thread has seemed to agree on that.

Gvaz's Avatar


Gvaz
01.08.2012 , 08:27 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Grubfist View Post
So 7 tries at the same quality of gear as you get 1 chance at in ops is "meant to be gearing for ops".

So you "gear for ops" by getting all of the gear that it drops before you kill its bosses?

What?
No, you do normals to get gear to complete hard modes, you do hard modes to get gear to complete ops and make hard modes easier, you do ops to get the gear to complete hard mode ops, and do hard mode ops to complete nightmare ops to make nightmare ops easier

Normals = 50 blues/daily purple mods/etc
hard mode FP = tier 1 gear with a chance at tier 2
ops = tier 2 and more commendations
hard ops = tier 3
nightmare ops = tier 3 drops more often

This is not something I think should happen, this is how it actually works

And no one does nightmare ops unless everyone's in almost all rakata gear already

Grubfist's Avatar


Grubfist
01.08.2012 , 08:32 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Gvaz View Post
No, you do normals to get gear to complete hard modes, you do hard modes to get gear to complete ops and make hard modes easier, you do ops to get the gear to complete hard mode ops, and do hard mode ops to complete nightmare ops to make nightmare ops easier

Normals = 50 blues/daily purple mods/etc
hard mode FP = tier 1 gear with a chance at tier 2
ops = tier 2 and more commendations
hard ops = tier 3
nightmare ops = tier 3 drops more often

This is not something I think should happen, this is how it actually works

And no one does nightmare ops unless everyone's in almost all rakata gear already
You get more chances at tier 2 loot from doing hardmode 4-mans every day than you have doing regular 8-mans every week.

How is that the "pre-ops" position?

I'm not following.

Gvaz's Avatar


Gvaz
01.08.2012 , 08:35 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Grubfist View Post
You get more chances at tier 2 loot from doing hardmode 4-mans every day than you have doing regular 8-mans every week.

How is that the "pre-ops" position?

I'm not following.
Chances at loot does not equate to getting said loot.

Grubfist's Avatar


Grubfist
01.08.2012 , 08:35 PM | #25
There are 6 hardmode flashpoints in the game. Each day, you can easily do all 6. Each of those 6 guarantees one tier 2 (Columi) piece of loot. Each day.

You get 42 guaranteed pieces of Columi (tier 2 ops gear) per week from hardmode flashpoints.

Grubfist's Avatar


Grubfist
01.08.2012 , 08:36 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Gvaz View Post
Chances at loot does not equate to getting said loot.
It is a guaranteed drop. If it's not for your class, that's a shame, but the same happens in ops, so I'm not sure why you insist on "chance" for flashpoints.

PanzerKing's Avatar


PanzerKing
01.08.2012 , 08:38 PM | #27
I'm really not seeing the problem that the OP is describing. Hit 50 last night, did a hard mode TFE with my levelling oranges and blues/greens and the only problems we had came from bugs. Nobody in my group had more than a couple of PvP epics - the rest was correllia commendation gear or crafted items. I'm just not seeing these encounters as overtuned - buggy, yes, but overtuned, no.

Blizark's Avatar


Blizark
01.08.2012 , 08:39 PM | #28
I didn't think it was that bad. The only bosses my group had issues with enrage timers were the giant robot in directive 7, final boss of boarding party, and the guy that stuns-->summons adds in battle for illum. Even then, we were only falling about 5-6% short on enrage timers in barely-50 gear.

Now that we're relatively geared its no problem. There's a few buggy bosses which are annoying, but I still think the enrage timers are fine for everything else.

Buggy bosses include final foundry boss. He's doable......sorta. His lightning towards the end will one shot anyone, it seems to be possible to kick it before the first tick goes off, but you'll have to kick it IMMEDIATELY. I'm talking like .01 second immediately. I wouldn't attempt this without sorc to battle res. My group hasn't been able to do it, but there was an attempt where we would have won if we had a battle rez. Either way this is by far the hardest fight and I suggest just avoiding it.

Robot assassin boss in foundry. His unlocking of the statis chamber doesn't register if the last 2 buttons are pressed at same time. Just have 1 person do all the buttons.

Final boss of False emperor...still pretty easy but being stuck in the throw back animation is annoying. If nothing else, zerging him down is stupidly easy with the rez point being right in his room.

Final boss of Directive 7, occasionally glitches out after wipes causing laser to go off throughout entire fight..nearly impossible to beat if this happens.

I think these are the only bosses worth mentioning. Again I feel like tuning is fine, just the bugs need to be fixed. Enrage timers were tight, but very much doable. My group was assassin tank/sniper/marauder/bounty hunter healer for reference.

Gvaz's Avatar


Gvaz
01.08.2012 , 08:44 PM | #29
As an example we took two raid geared sages, who do insane dps, a commando and a guardian. We hit the enrage timer on the second to last boss of TFE at 3% and killed him. Commando and guardian about as geared as everyone else, a little less than the sages (me and a friend)

Before we replaced the gunslinger who with some pvp purples and mostly blues/greens with that raid geared sage, we'd only get to about 20% before hitting the enrage, 12% at best.

He would also stealth and stun a random player (which itself is fine), but that player was usually the person who was doing the most dps I found, and if you were stunned, you were hit from 16000~ hp to zero in two hits, far faster than possible to heal.

Blizark's Avatar


Blizark
01.08.2012 , 08:46 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Gvaz View Post
As an example we took two raid geared sages, who do insane dps, a commando and a guardian. We hit the enrage timer on the second to last boss of TFE at 3% and killed him.

Before we replaced the gunslinger who with some pvp purples and mostly blues/greens with that raid geared sage, we'd only get to about 20% before hitting the enrage, 12% at best.
My group hasn't even touched raids yet and we hit enrage at about 5%. Only hit it because of the stun-forever bug with his knockback. If that bug wasn't there we would have been able to kill him without hitting the enrage.