Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Taspan Ambush

The-Hammer
01.10.2012 , 02:55 PM | #11
This mission is very random. Doesnt matter what you do the shuttle always seems to get nuked about half health right outside that canyon. I havent had it die on me but it does definetly take more dmg then seems possible when all the ships have no guns and its only fighters plinkin at it.

Solid_Instinct
01.10.2012 , 04:49 PM | #12
I did this mission 20 times and failed every last one of them untill i started "shaking" my mouse over the warships and talon fighters, didnt shoot 1 missile and had my increased blaster power ability on, now I never fail just 1 hit kills a fighter and 2 hits kills a turret so it goes pretty fast, all you have to do is shake

Hamchuck
01.11.2012 , 12:41 AM | #13
It's not randomly losing health.

There is a lull in combat after you pass the first set of warships and start going into the asteroids. While you and the shuttle are in there, combat gets heavy again, starting with some fighters. Not long after that starts, a brand new, undamaged warship shows up at the top left corner of your screen. You have a few seconds to lock your missiles onto as many of its turrets as possible before you lose sight of it and it massacres the shuttle. It continues to shoot at the shuttle and at you while it's off-screen. It shows up again as you're getting out of the asteriods (which is where I usually lost the shuttle), and you have another chance to finish off what remaining turrets it has.

One way to mitigate the damage the shuttle takes is making sure you disable as many of the warships in the beginning as you can. When this mystery warship shows up, it must be priority one, or your mission is done.