Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are any of the Blu-Ray SW releases worth getting?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Are any of the Blu-Ray SW releases worth getting?

Radiopools
01.08.2012 , 04:24 PM | #1
Are any of the blu-ray versions of the SW films worth it? I want to get the original trilogy mostly. If not, which of the DVD's are considered the "best" ?

Thanks in advance

Wolfninjajedi
01.08.2012 , 04:30 PM | #2
Do you think its worth getting? You can only go by what YOU want, not by what others opinion's are.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

bfishback
01.08.2012 , 04:38 PM | #3
Well, I have the original trilogy in blue ray. It doesn't look like normal blue rays, but it still is pretty good.

If you don't mind the small changes (which I don't), get them.

pkmnrckt
01.08.2012 , 04:39 PM | #4
The prequels are worth getting if you like them, but the OT is all the butchered "special editions."

Radiopools
01.08.2012 , 04:53 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Do you think its worth getting? You can only go by what YOU want, not by what others opinion's are.
I meant more from a quality level. I know they have messed up the original trilogy a bunch with each release so I wanted to see if there was a version that was better than another, or if there is a DVD version that isn't terrible massacred.

HawkiPride
01.08.2012 , 06:59 PM | #6
I got 'em as an Xmas gift, and i think they did a fantastic job cleaning them up and making them bluray
Ready. I think they are a must own.
For The Republic!
First rule when dealing with the devil...Don't

Anti_Bodies
01.08.2012 , 09:48 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Radiopools View Post
I meant more from a quality level. I know they have messed up the original trilogy a bunch with each release so I wanted to see if there was a version that was better than another, or if there is a DVD version that isn't terrible massacred.
Typically the earlier the version the less "messed up" the version is. So the 2004 DVD release of the OT will be better then the 2007 OT versions. At least I think it was 2004/2007.

DarthDemens
01.08.2012 , 09:50 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Radiopools View Post
One of the DVD trilogy releases included the unedited original trilogy as a bonus disc. That's the one I went with. Gives me the option of which one I want to watch.