Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guide: Making Credits

AtticusFinch
01.09.2012 , 03:11 AM | #11
Server economics play a big part in reaping any rewards from crafting. Personally, I'm not bothering selling or buying anything from the markets for at least another month or so. I think it will take at least that long for things to settle after people level their main characters to 50.

_Flin_
01.09.2012 , 05:24 AM | #12
Two important income sources are missing:

- Running daily missions
- Farming Mobs for credits and grey stuff

These are probably more important than some other (like crafting), since they have well defined and secure time/reward ratios.

exphryl
01.09.2012 , 05:33 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by _Flin_ View Post

- Running daily missions

These are probably more important than some other (like crafting), since they have well defined and secure time/reward ratios.
There is a Jedi Kanada in Ilum, level 50 Champ. Drops close to 3K Credits every time, and a lot of times a very nicely statted Moddable 50 Item. (He's inthe section where you need to pick up the battle plans)

I farm him whenever he is up (not sure of respawn, I just do my dailies and see him).

Not the easiest soloable class but I am a tank with a geared out Mako.

I've probably made 500k total from him alone between creds/selling drops.

Tmbn
01.09.2012 , 05:35 AM | #14
A very good post! Thank you! I can't understand people saying the economy is broken. On my server I am doing very well on just selling craft items. They sell alot. Modifications are a killer. People need them all the time and I can't produce enough.

I would also like BW to add some more rear crafting shematics so the people that are realy into crafting could get a little bit more interesting work.

Kyiera
01.09.2012 , 08:48 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by _Flin_ View Post

- Running daily missions

I agree with Flin, the daily missions on Ilum and Belsavis (once you hit level 50) are worth a -ton- of money. To put it in perspective, the day I hit level 50 I was down to under 8,000 credits (after speeder training, class training, and crafting training that I'd put off since 340 and had hit 400). That -same- day, after going through the Belsavis bonus quest line and the Ilum quest line (and unlocking/doing all the associated dailies) I was back up to 450,000 credits. In one afternoon. Granted, the story-lines themselves aren't repeatable, but I can make 200-400k credits easily in roughly 2 hours playtime just doing the dailies and selling the trash drops.

Its odd, levelling up to 50 I was always broke, or had just enough to train that next level (Admittedly I went overboard on crew skill missions), and once I hit 50 I found myself veritably swimming in credits with nothing to spend them on. My alts are all riding in style with no credit worries though

Goshee
01.09.2012 , 11:18 AM | #17
Yeah I mentioned I was going to add the daily's last night in a previous post. It is all there now ^^.

Still though, playing the GTN works the best! At least for me ^^

DarrkLore
01.09.2012 , 12:44 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by exphryl View Post
A Cybertecher (like myself) Makes money off Earpieces and Ship Parts.

Not Mods/Armor Pieces at 50 (for 50s that is) due to Daily providing epic 22's (with mods we can't even make) or using Commendations to buy 23s...

One of the most important things to making credits, is knowing what you won't sell so you won't waste your time making it.
Same here. I make decent money on droid parts too. Nobody besides me really sells the Sensor Units on my server for some reason so they always fetch me a nice price
ε╬╣!!!!╠▀▀{}▀(████████████████████████████████████████)

Goshee
01.12.2012 , 10:14 AM | #19
Droid parts you say? Hmm I may have to check this out!

DownToHeaven
01.12.2012 , 07:59 PM | #20
I don't really have much to add, just wanted to thank you for these advices. I didn't though the economy was that large and I'm really eager to enter this world thanks to you.

I was seriously hoping this thread was not about cheating or exploit and I'm pretty happy to find these advices helping our way to get some credits the way it is intended. Great topic!