Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Hard Choice - Trooper or Bounty Hunter?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Hard Choice - Trooper or Bounty Hunter?

Maxlingon's Avatar


Maxlingon
01.08.2012 , 02:25 PM | #1
I have a bounty hunter at level 10 and a trooper at level 12, and I'm having a tough time choosing wich character to play...

Give me some help!

SteveRB's Avatar


SteveRB
01.08.2012 , 02:29 PM | #2
Right now I would suggest going with bounty hunter. The trooper abilities have issues with responsiveness from what I've seen, as well as annoying "set up" times which are aren't present on the bounty hunters abilities.

Kontagious's Avatar


Kontagious
01.08.2012 , 02:29 PM | #3
What appeals to you more storywise? A neutral mercenary who is his own boss and does as he pleases, or a courageous, loyal soldier of the republic. They have very different stories.

You could also take into consideration if you would rather use flame throwers and jetpacks, or ion cannons and grenades. Troopers use bigger weaponry while Bounty Hunters have more gadgets at their disposal.

Nattvard's Avatar


Nattvard
01.08.2012 , 02:29 PM | #4
Just because I'm a Vanguard myself I say go Trooper, we need you on the Republic soldier.

Vielix's Avatar


Vielix
01.08.2012 , 02:34 PM | #5
Don't make the mistake of thinking trooper = good guy and bounty hunter = bad guy. I'm playing a dark side vanguard and can honestly say there are some really great dark side options as a trooper. It's more a choice of if you want to go republic or empire imo

Xukuth's Avatar


Xukuth
01.08.2012 , 02:36 PM | #6
Trooper has more broken abilities then Bounty Hunter has. You can also get off more Abilities as a bounty hunter without having too much heat compared to how quickly the trooper runs out of ammo. Right now if your going for pvp, choose the Bounty hunter is far superior to the glitched and resource starved trooper.
Fudge-Covered Carrots -
Touching your thread's Dark side since 07/08/11 (Orange Sunday)
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkerMatter View Post
...what...really...wow...You sir are a god among trolls...19 pages of replies......earned your induction into the troll hall of fame you did.

Nightspirit's Avatar


Nightspirit
01.08.2012 , 02:41 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Vielix View Post
Don't make the mistake of thinking trooper = good guy and bounty hunter = bad guy. I'm playing a dark side vanguard and can honestly say there are some really great dark side options as a trooper. It's more a choice of if you want to go republic or empire imo
Threatening to kill the kid in the starter zone if the contact wouldn't help you was a very nice start to the game ;p
"Where all think alike, no one thinks very much." Walter Lippman

"Gentlemen! You can't fight in here. This is the war room!" Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

Nightspirit's Avatar


Nightspirit
01.08.2012 , 02:45 PM | #8
Just to answer your question though, I think Bounty Hunter if PvP is your thing or Trooper for PvE. Right now Trooper has a power called motor volley (I think that's thename) which has a huge blast radius and kills most non-elite enemies outright while knocking them down throughout the whole ability. It's nice to kill a group of mobs with a one button push. It's basically the PvE "I win" button.
"Where all think alike, no one thinks very much." Walter Lippman

"Gentlemen! You can't fight in here. This is the war room!" Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

Xukuth's Avatar


Xukuth
01.08.2012 , 02:49 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Nightspirit View Post
Just to answer your question though, I think Bounty Hunter if PvP is your thing or Trooper for PvE. Right now Trooper has a power called motor volley (I think that's thename) which has a huge blast radius and kills most non-elite enemies outright while knocking them down throughout the whole ability. It's nice to kill a group of mobs with a one button push. It's basically the PvE "I win" button.
Death from Above is the same skill and uses less resources in comparison.
Fudge-Covered Carrots -
Touching your thread's Dark side since 07/08/11 (Orange Sunday)
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkerMatter View Post
...what...really...wow...You sir are a god among trolls...19 pages of replies......earned your induction into the troll hall of fame you did.

Idunhavaname's Avatar


Idunhavaname
01.08.2012 , 02:50 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Nightspirit View Post
Just to answer your question though, I think Bounty Hunter if PvP is your thing or Trooper for PvE. Right now Trooper has a power called motor volley (I think that's thename) which has a huge blast radius and kills most non-elite enemies outright while knocking them down throughout the whole ability. It's nice to kill a group of mobs with a one button push. It's basically the PvE "I win" button.
Both classes have mirrored abilities.
.

RIP orange pixel