Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Fix PVP for the love of god!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Fix PVP for the love of god!

Tehimage
01.08.2012 , 02:03 PM | #1
I am at the point now where I do not even want to que for WZs anymore. BW has stated that once the population of level 50s increased they would bracket it. THIS has still not happened. My PvP experience is to the point that 95% of all games I play I am playing against level 50s with expertise gear that at level 33 I have little to no chance of killing. Here are the reasons why in my opinion, PvP is ruined in this game until probably the next expansion.

1) Resolve Bar

The resolve system is weird. It does not seem to function that well in game. I have been knocked off the hutball metal scaffolding while a full resolve bar more times than I can count only to have it go off as soon as I hit the ground.

2) Bolstering

PvP will never be fair. You can not incorporate little purple pixels into the game, aka GEAR, and ever hope to have PvP be a truly "fair" experience. That is part of the reason I play PvP because it provides a challenge. But a challenge and an impossibility are not the same thing.

3) BW Catering to level 50s?

Why is BW catering to the needs of level 50 players. Not all of us have the time to play 6-7 hours or more a day. Some of us have full time jobs and other responsibilities like families. Why should the people who rushed to level 50 not have to wait a little longer to do something when MOST of the population is not 50. I also believe that the increased amount of 50s in my warzones are due to the fact that people like me are no longer queing. Who wants to play 12 minutes of little to no chance of winning, unless it is hutball.

4) Why the new level 50 brackets will be awful

BW has allowed the current level 50s to get most of their pvp gear, if not all of it from destroying non 50s in pvp. That is problem at least from most of the info I read on forums or from talking to pvpers in game right now. When BW brackets these level 50's it will be a curse in disguise for the simple fact that when the rest of us (general population) of the game start into it we will once again be getting decimated. We will have no expertise gear vs level 50s who are already fully geared, once again making the pvp cycle broken.

Had BW taken a page out of the book from one of the most successful MMOs in history, brace yourselves I am talking about WoW here, they would have seen how great of a pvp structure they have. I am not talking about class balancing or for you to flame me about how op frost mages are, but the structure of pvp in general. Brackets ever 10 levels and max levels in their own bracket. Had BW done this from the beginning PvP would be amazing right now.

Until another expansion comes out with a new set of pvp gear, since there are no arenas or seasons so it seems, pvp is irrevocably broken. Now that most of the level 50s have the gear and wont be able to bash noobs anymore will they even still play? I am patiently waiting any update for the pvp scene since it is the reason I even play MMOs. I will probably pay for the first month but if nothing is fixed by then I am dropping my sub and this game like a bad habit.

Edit: BTW I guarantee half of you are going to say GET TO LEVEL 50 SO YOU CAN ENJOY IT SCRUB STOP CRYING. I shouldn't have to hit max level as quickly as possible to enjoy something that BW obviously intends to be part of the game at level 10. Not all of us can sit around at home all day and play SW.

gorstram
01.08.2012 , 02:17 PM | #2
Your wait is almost over. They've already said they were going to bracket the 50's very soon. Then you'll be able to keyboard turn your way to 50.

Tehimage
01.08.2012 , 02:19 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by gorstram View Post
Your wait is almost over. They've already said they were going to bracket the 50's very soon. Then you'll be able to keyboard turn your way to 50.
rofl keyboard turning? I use a mouse that doesn't even make sense. Was that supposed to be a shot at my skill level? LOLOLOL

Beelzebubs
01.08.2012 , 02:21 PM | #4
You can't really go on about how great brackets were in WoW, it took them 5 years to add XP to BG's. Before that Twinks ran round like geared level 50's do now.
Solo Queue Battlemaster Beelzebubs Starshadow - Space Slug.
How I'd fix Ilum: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=237120

The difference between a fresh 50 and a Battlemaster is not all gear, it's experience.

vipeka
01.08.2012 , 02:21 PM | #5
cry moar OP.
that's what you get by leveling slowly.
first come first served.

Tehimage
01.08.2012 , 02:23 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Beelzebubs View Post
You can't really go on about how great brackets were in WoW, it took them 5 years to add XP to BG's. Before that Twinks ran round like geared level 50's do now.
too bad this game did not come out five years ago. How is that even relevant? The current PvP structure of WoW which has been around for a while is amazing.

Tehimage
01.08.2012 , 02:24 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by vipeka View Post
cry moar OP.
that's what you get by leveling slowly.
first come first served.
Very constructive criticism there. Love how 90% of what you just typed had nothing to do with the original post. Kudos.

Evilsteps
01.08.2012 , 02:30 PM | #8
I don't agree with much of what you said. The brackets are coming, but my experience has been different than yours I guess. Sure the geared out 50's can faceroll me as I'm level 38, but the fresh 50's still die quickly. I still am useful as a damage supplement or CC till I get my expertise. It is not as doom and gloom as you make it.

GeLopez
01.08.2012 , 02:31 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Tehimage View Post
The resolve system is weird. It does not seem to function that well in game. I have been knocked off the hutball metal scaffolding while a full resolve bar more times than I can count only to have it go off as soon as I hit the ground.
Nope. This has never happened to you. You either don't understand the system or you lack situational awareness.
Lopez - Jedi Sage @ The Fatman

WickedImage
01.08.2012 , 02:31 PM | #10
The OP has some great points and warrant better responses than that of the usual troll posts Im seeing here. No bracketing is seriously an issue for low level players who want to participate in PVP.

"first come first served". lol at your 14 year old, I dont have a job or life mentality. Not everyone has all day to sit at their keyboard and grind to 50. Some of us have families and careers and school and a ton of other "real life" things that are more important than getting to 50 asap. That doesnt mean we should have less fun for our $15 per month and it certainly doesnt mean we should be at such a disadvantage. Silly rabbits.
Killer: 87% Achiever: 67% Explorer: 27% Socializer: 20%