Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Naboo deserved to get invaded

Foxfirega
01.09.2012 , 01:29 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Actually Naboo got invaded before the seps came, Gungans were on Naboo long before humans came and started fighting with them then the seps came. Naboo is really unlucky it seems when it comes to invasions.
It could be worse, it could be Coruscant.

Nothing good ever happens on that damn planet.
'Your name is in the mouth of others - be sure it has teeth.' - Maxim 16, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

jarjarloves
01.09.2012 , 03:21 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Idunhavaname View Post
Egyptians pharos would like to have a word with you.
I never realized that the Pharaohs were elected..... oh wait...

Wolfninjajedi
01.09.2012 , 03:23 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
I never realized that the Pharaohs were elected..... oh wait...
I don't think thats the point, the point was no matter how young and no matter if it was through election or some monarchy. The point is that there were still young rulers in our own history, so it doesn't seem that big a deal in Star Wars.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

jarjarloves
01.09.2012 , 03:32 PM | #24
I don't think thats the point, the point was no matter how young and no matter if it was through election or some monarchy. The point is that there were still young rulers in our own history, so it doesn't seem that big a deal in Star Wars.
first off there is a huge difference between electing a leader and having one forced on you.

Second if you actually look at what young rulers have done it's not very much. They are more of a figure head until they come of age. They are groomed if you would and they have strong advisers who instruct them how to rule until they are usally in their 20s. Then they are given more power.

Perfect example is Cleopatra and her little brother Ptolemy XIV of Egypt. Cleopatra actually ruled while her brother Ptolemy was just a figure head although he did have the power to send many of his servents to their death and he did so, he had no actual say in the running of the country or it's people.

Even Alexander the Great wasn't proclaimed King until he was 20 and even then he didn't have full power his mother did a lot of the decision making.

Wolfninjajedi
01.09.2012 , 03:57 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
first off there is a huge difference between electing a leader and having one forced on you.

Second if you actually look at what young rulers have done it's not very much. They are more of a figure head until they come of age. They are groomed if you would and they have strong advisers who instruct them how to rule until they are usally in their 20s. Then they are given more power.

Perfect example is Cleopatra and her little brother Ptolemy XIV of Egypt. Cleopatra actually ruled while her brother Ptolemy was just a figure head although he did have the power to send many of his servents to their death and he did so, he had no actual say in the running of the country or it's people.

Even Alexander the Great wasn't proclaimed King until he was 20 and even then he didn't have full power his mother did a lot of the decision making.
Yet they were still thrust upon the throne and given power(no matter how little) were they not? Thats where it really divides though and where real life logic has no purpose. For all we know in the SWU they run things differently and each planet has its own set of laws, so I don't see how its much of a stretch Padme could hold power.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

jarjarloves
01.09.2012 , 04:02 PM | #26
Yet they were still thrust upon the throne and given power(no matter how little) were they not? Thats where it really divides though and where real life logic has no purpose. For all we know in the SWU they run things differently and each planet has its own set of laws, so I don't see how its much of a stretch Padme could hold power.
it's not that it's a stretch that she could be a queen who came into power but it's a stretch that she was ELECTED to RULE an ENTIRE PLANET and actually given the power to make CRITICAL DECISIONS DURING A WAR.

It's on the level of how horrible the staff of Hogwarts is at their job. "Oh hey some evil dark monster is here to try and kill people let's let Harry Potter take care of this" or "Yeah you guys will compete in a contest where you could all die and we are not going to intervene at all." Then they are all shocked when one of the students is killed.

Chocbo
01.09.2012 , 04:05 PM | #27
On the topic of european monarchs. Rulers had no real power until a set age; before then a cardinal (or an advisor if the country was protestant) ran the country.
"Before you criticize a man first walk a mile in his shoes, that way when you criticize him you're a mile away and have his shoes."

Aharx
01.09.2012 , 04:36 PM | #28
What is wrong with a fifteen year old running a planet? If they are mature enough and are educated to the right extent there is no reason why someone that young could not run and make decisions for an entire planet.
Aharx Pasari
Smuggler- Scoundrel: Sawbones
<<<--- GFF --->>>
"She may not look like much kid, but she's got it where it counts."

Darth-Malice
01.09.2012 , 04:51 PM | #29
I failed to understand how such a lush planet with a huge power generator would fail too support itself in the event space trade was blockaded.
||||||||███████████████████████████████)

jarjarloves
01.09.2012 , 06:42 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Malice View Post
I failed to understand how such a lush planet with a huge power generator would fail too support itself in the event space trade was blockaded.
that's a whole other issue. I agree completely how can a planet with such rich vegetation as Naboo not be able to survive with out trade?

Now I could completely understand a planet like Coriscont a planet that is just one overpopulated city not being able to sustain itself. but Naboo?

It is sort of like if New York City was completely blockaded and there was nothing going in or out then it would destroy itself as people end up fighting over what little food there is.

But Naboo is more like say Iowa a place that has a relatively low population and enough open space for farming that they could easily sustain life.