Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Naboo deserved to get invaded

jarjarloves
01.08.2012 , 01:50 PM | #1
Seriously any planet that willingly elects a 15 year old girl to lead their people deserves what ever happens to it.

How does that even happen?

It's not like she is just a figurehead either she actually does run the planet and makes important decisions every day.

Of course it shouldn't surprise me seeing as the people of Naboo WILLINGLY live on a planet with the Gungans clearly they are horrible at making decisions.

Wolfninjajedi
01.08.2012 , 01:59 PM | #2
I really don't see the problem with having a 15 year old in a position of power, in history people as young as that age went off to fight in wars. It doesn't matter how old you are really, if you have studied for something like it all of your life you would be as smart or smarter about running something then some guy in his 50s. Besides how do we know they don't run things different in the SWU? For all we know at 15 you could be an adult on some planets.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Ruliya
01.08.2012 , 02:21 PM | #3
Technically wasn't she 14, not 15? True it's been a long while since I've seen the film.

Doesn't she also say in Episode 2, that she wasn't the youngest Queen ever elected either? Wonder how old they were... 11? Can't see it being younger than that, if that young at all.

But then it is a sci-fi film, with a different culture, who knows, maybe the Naboo are naturally more mature and responsible than humans at that age?

jarjarloves
01.08.2012 , 02:31 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
I really don't see the problem with having a 15 year old in a position of power, in history people as young as that age went off to fight in wars. It doesn't matter how old you are really, if you have studied for something like it all of your life you would be as smart or smarter about running something then some guy in his 50s. Besides how do we know they don't run things different in the SWU? For all we know at 15 you could be an adult on some planets.
could not disagree more.

Believe it or not maturity is actually something that exists and there is no such thing as a 15 year old who is actually mature.

I completely agree that there are plenty of 15 year olds that have been in war and it has never ended well either. They also were never generals or leading anyone.

At best you might be able to find a boy king but even then it was never an elected official and during that time they weren't even given as much responsibility as ruling an entire planet.

Closet example I could think of is Alexander the Great but even then his mother did the real ruling until he was old enough. However in TPM we see Padme is the one who is actually in charge.

At 15 years old kids are still going through puberty at that time. You really want someone who is at the will of their hormones in charge of an entire planet?

Wolfninjajedi
01.08.2012 , 02:49 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
could not disagree more.

Believe it or not maturity is actually something that exists and there is no such thing as a 15 year old who is actually mature.

I completely agree that there are plenty of 15 year olds that have been in war and it has never ended well either. They also were never generals or leading anyone.

At best you might be able to find a boy king but even then it was never an elected official and during that time they weren't even given as much responsibility as ruling an entire planet.

Closet example I could think of is Alexander the Great but even then his mother did the real ruling until he was old enough. However in TPM we see Padme is the one who is actually in charge.

At 15 years old kids are still going through puberty at that time. You really want someone who is at the will of their hormones in charge of an entire planet?
Well apparently Padme is no regular 15 year old, if they willingly elected her she must have been really smart or have done something to get her where she was.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

jarjarloves
01.08.2012 , 02:55 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Well apparently Padme is no regular 15 year old, if they willingly elected her she must have been really smart or have done something to get her where she was.
which leads me back to my original statement if she is the smartest their planet had to offer then they deserved to be invaded.

JawaJedi
01.08.2012 , 03:57 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
which leads me back to my original statement if she is the smartest their planet had to offer then they deserved to be invaded.
There have been 18 year olds with a position of power in America (this was a high schooler mayor I heard about once), that's actually why you vote based on your permanent residency-or one of the reasons-as opposed to your current one-say college. All the young kids gathered in one area don't control the vote.
Its not even that they're not intelligent or anything like that-younger and older people will naturally have some conflitcting interests (the conflicting interests is why some places hold the school budget votes in schools...first of all the people who are less likely to vote for it are less likely to know where it is, and the people who are on the fence are more likely to vote for it due to their surroundings).

But, that's beside the point. Obviously, it doesn't matter that Padme was a 15 year old girl, she could've been Yoda or anyone else and it wouldn't matter.
Naboo deserved to be invaded for the Gungan thing.
(Joking, of course, can't take this topic seriously)
Quote: Originally Posted by Saevio View Post
I haven't understood anything anyone has said in this thread so far. That's common on these forums though.

Vecke
01.08.2012 , 04:47 PM | #8
I'm sure people that voted against her election died in the invasion too. Sucks to be them.
"I know."

Oappo
01.08.2012 , 05:33 PM | #9
The confederacy/trade federation were heros.

They were doing what we all have hoped of, dreamed of, and if you played SWG, even tried to do.

Exterminate the gungans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaden
Well it won't be a release date or anything like that. Probably some lame update about polishing rocks or cleaning windows for SWTOR. Maybe a cafeteria workers perspective on what serving lunch in the Bioware office is like.

Wylf
01.08.2012 , 08:43 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Vecke View Post
I'm sure people that voted against her election died in the invasion too. Sucks to be them.
Well, obviously they didn't vote hard enough, so their death is entirely justified.
'Twas right, said they, such birds to slay
that bring the fog and mist

The Mitharr Legacy - Way too many characters to name here.
EU - The Progenitor