Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

World first Operations - Casual/RPers need not reply.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
World first Operations - Casual/RPers need not reply.

GalacticKegger
12.15.2011 , 01:46 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Vetorept View Post
Take anything and everything wow related and go back to there.

Seriously.

No one cares about your achievements and e-sports.
This...

BW has already announced that server firsts (etc...) will not be integrated into the SWTOR game because (a) the game's bread is voice-acted questgiver interaction, and (b) its butter is story-driven character progression. Conquest grazing rights aren't even on the radar. Flashpoints and operations are merely advanced (though integral) pieces to the game's storytelling puzzle and drive nothing by themselves.

Next thing you know someone who still isn't getting it will start a thread polling whether or not party leaders should be granted dictatorship to override a player's choice to interact with the quest cinematics.

Like it or not, this ain't WoW ... thank you BioWare!
"I bled protecting The People's right to free speech; thus I reserve the right to make them bleed for abusing it."
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ~ Edmund Burke‎
"There is no instance of a country having benefitted from a prolonged war." ~ Sun Tsu

Makhbet
12.15.2011 , 02:50 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Vetorept View Post
Take anything and everything wow related and go back to there.

Seriously.

No one cares about your achievements and e-sports.
What does e-sports have to do with raid achievements?
Legions of Lettow EU
Banehallow Legacy

Macgyver

arnoldlol
12.15.2011 , 03:00 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Kagu-tsu-chi View Post
I'll probably not give a crap about world firsts in this first tier. Everything was downed in beta anyways so who cares. Tier 2 ftw.
No, everything was not downed. Who told you that?
Quote: Originally Posted by GalacticKegger View Post
BW has already announced that server firsts (etc...) will not be integrated into the SWTOR game because (a) the game's bread is voice-acted questgiver interaction, and (b) its butter is story-driven character progression. Conquest grazing rights aren't even on the radar. Flashpoints and operations are merely advanced (though integral) pieces to the game's storytelling puzzle and drive nothing by themselves.
Story and voice acting is fine and dandy but end game won't thrive on voice acting. Sorry. We already have the codex system, and if you read carefully there are *gasp* achievements listed. It wouldn't require much work to implement a system where others can see achievements, and add more into the game. Since, well, mmo's have a level cap and people do stuff there. We don't all just level alt after alt because the story is THAT awesome.
Quote: Originally Posted by Makhbet View Post
Lmao, this.

But to reply to the OP, it's hard to say. The real progression that will matter will be finishing the tier on nightmare, so whoever does that first wins. I sincerely doubt having a 7 day head start will affect the outcome too much. ie. A guild could come into the game on the 20th and end up beating the content before anyone who had EGA.

snowmon
12.15.2011 , 03:46 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Kagu-tsu-chi View Post
I'll probably not give a crap about world firsts in this first tier. Everything was downed in beta anyways so who cares. Tier 2 ftw.
love people that talk out of their arse lol, this is BS, some bosses were so bugged it was impossible to down them.

OT: we will be going for server firsts etc but without achievments / reconition for it its pretty pointless, we will however be trying to make a name for ourselfs as one of the best on the server.

Conundrum-NSA
12.15.2011 , 06:01 AM | #15
I'm replying because I'm a casual and the OP said not to reply.

And no, no world first achievements or even announcements....your epeen shall not increase in size.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn."
Ord Mantell Squadron 01

Systam
12.15.2011 , 06:10 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by arnoldlol View Post
No, everything was not downed. Who told you that?

Story and voice acting is fine and dandy but end game won't thrive on voice acting. Sorry. We already have the codex system, and if you read carefully there are *gasp* achievements listed. It wouldn't require much work to implement a system where others can see achievements, and add more into the game. Since, well, mmo's have a level cap and people do stuff there. We don't all just level alt after alt because the story is THAT awesome.

Lmao, this.

But to reply to the OP, it's hard to say. The real progression that will matter will be finishing the tier on nightmare, so whoever does that first wins. I sincerely doubt having a 7 day head start will affect the outcome too much. ie. A guild could come into the game on the 20th and end up beating the content before anyone who had EGA.
Well if u go by the fact people who come in a week later are undegeared compared to the week long players yeah it'll matter

Tectonics
12.15.2011 , 06:11 AM | #17
its hard to call anything a true world first until 100% of the population are playing the game, then you get competition in its true sense. Until that time i have no care at all for world firsts, although i would like to go for a few if my guild is in the position to do so.

Sarah_Kerrigan
12.15.2011 , 06:17 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Makhbet View Post
It's very sad that these noobs don't know what e-sports actually is.
Quote:
Please do not post in a font size that is considered to be disruptive and is used only to fill a page. This too is considered spam.
BIOWARE, Y U GIVE ME BIG, BEAUTIFUL FONT IF U HATE IT SO MUCH?????

lydicjc
12.15.2011 , 07:08 AM | #19
I started pissing standing up before the rest of you did. I'm so much cooler than you!

Abyrr
12.15.2011 , 09:08 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by GalacticKegger View Post
Flashpoints and operations are merely advanced (though integral) pieces to the game's storytelling puzzle and drive nothing by themselves.

Next thing you know someone who still isn't getting it will start a thread polling whether or not party leaders should be granted dictatorship to override a player's choice to interact with the quest cinematics.

Like it or not, this ain't WoW ... thank you BioWare!
I have news for you, the end game content will make or break this game.

rerolling a new alt just to 'hear the story' 8 times might not be what a big chunk of players want to or care to do.

There better be newer flashpoints and operations or people will unsub once they've seen all the story they care to see.