Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Heroic World Boss not so Heroic?

PawsofEvil
01.08.2012 , 12:52 PM | #1
Who :Nemesis Rising Guild on Arkanian Legacy Server

Where: Coruscant & Taris (Republic)

What: SD-0 and Subject Alpha

So we had planned an activity for our Guild, we decided that a World Boss would be a nice target and we would start with the lowest level one on Coruscant to see how we would get on. We mustered a team of 12 (mainly lvl 20-25) with a main tank lvl 34

Before we get started with the flaming I KNOW THIS BOSS IS LVL 18 and I KNOW WE ARE ALL HIGHER LEVEL THAN THE BOSS. This post is not intended as a publicity stunt for our Guild or as bragging. I am just a little disappointed at the bosses as they stand and was wondering about your opinions.

The Boss in question is SD-0. He has 192k hitpoint or thereabouts. The main tank was nearly twice his level - a situation we all know means that he is nigh on invincible in most situations.

Up to this point we had never experienced a World Boss so didnt know what to expect - the Tank went in and got agg and THAT WAS IT. Now I was hoping for a bit more than a simple Tank & Spank - I had read about others taking him on in full raids with lvl 50 characters to tank so was a bit surprised to find that he couldnt really damage the tank at all. I thought this would be a bit more tactical, perhaps an introduction to raiding.

After we won a few of us travelled to Taris to try our luck on Subject Alpha Lvl 21 - he has about 340k Hitpoints? We were mucking about and having a laugh - we ended up naked and dancing. The fight started with an over enthusiastic Jedi leaping into the fray and getting beaten sensless . The tank pulled the Boss and then managed to tank him WHILST NAKED

The fight took an age with just 5 of us but we did kill him in the end.

My point? The bosses that I have faced are a bit easy. Shouldnt the damage they deal be scaled? Lvl 50 characters should find it just as difficult to fight a boss as a charater who is the correct level, surely this is possible in the programming? If not then any group that has a over level character should get lesser rewards than purple items - I KNOW THE ITEM REWARDS ARE FOR THE LEVEL OF THE BOSS AND NO USE TO HIGHER LEVEL CHARATERS. But atm it is too easy to farm the bosses for high level rewards not all of which are bind on pickup.

I dont want to make these bosses inaccessable to characters that should be fighting them but Heroic should mean more than has a lot of hitpoints. ?

For pictures head over to our website

HELhikari
01.08.2012 , 01:00 PM | #2
All the NPCs are statted at specific level. If you go and hit them when you've out-levelled them, they're going to have a problem doing anything to you. All the encounters are designed for a specific level bracket.
[HEL]hikari
Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.

Battyone
01.08.2012 , 01:03 PM | #3
World bosses are designed to be tacked at level...I'd be shocked if anything actually hit you.

Also subject alpha has an AOE Cloud, but it couldn't hit you guys so you probably didn't even notice it.
Amistar Nelmarra -- 55 Sage, Ebon Hawk <The Azure Blades>
I stream my bad gameplay.
Come watch the Fat Man rageth on Twitch!

boobaffet
01.08.2012 , 01:07 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by PawsofEvil View Post

So we had planned an activity for our Guild, we decided that a World Boss would be a nice target and we would start with the lowest level one on Coruscant to see how we would get on. We mustered a team of 12 (mainly lvl 20-25) with a main tank lvl 34

Before we get started with the flaming I KNOW THIS BOSS IS LVL 18 and I KNOW WE ARE ALL HIGHER LEVEL THAN THE BOSS. This post is not intended as a publicity stunt for our Guild or as bragging. I am just a little disappointed at the bosses as they stand and was wondering about your opinions.

The Boss in question is SD-0. He has 192k hitpoint or thereabouts. The main tank was nearly twice his level - a situation we all know means that he is nigh on invincible in most situations.

Up to this point we had never experienced a World Boss so didnt know what to expect - the Tank went in and got agg and THAT WAS IT. Now I was hoping for a bit more than a simple Tank & Spank - I had read about others taking him on in full raids with lvl 50 characters to tank so was a bit surprised to find that he couldnt really damage the tank at all. I thought this would be a bit more tactical, perhaps an introduction to raiding.

After we won a few of us travelled to Taris to try our luck on Subject Alpha Lvl 21 - he has about 340k Hitpoints? We were mucking about and having a laugh - we ended up naked and dancing. The fight started with an over enthusiastic Jedi leaping into the fray and getting beaten sensless . The tank pulled the Boss and then managed to tank him WHILST NAKED

My point? The bosses that I have faced are a bit easy. Shouldnt the damage they deal be scaled? Lvl 50 characters should find it just as difficult to fight a boss as a charater who is the correct level, surely this is possible in the programming? If not then any group that has a over level character should get lesser rewards than purple items - I KNOW THE ITEM REWARDS ARE FOR THE LEVEL OF THE BOSS AND NO USE TO HIGHER LEVEL CHARATERS. But atm it is too easy to farm the bosses for high level rewards not all of which are bind on pickup.

I dont want to make these bosses inaccessable to characters that should be fighting them but Heroic should mean more than has a lot of hitpoints. ?

A level 34 could solo both of these bosses at the same time. ( at least a class with healing ability)

The problem is that we resist pretty much everything if we have 5 level above them. I think it is a ridiculous mechanic and should not be in game, at least not vs bosses. Tanking a level 20 at level 30 should be easy enough without the resist, no need to make it virtually impossible to die. It would make soloing/duoing world boss and instance more fun.

Not being able to hit ennemy 5 level higher is fine (i guess) but making it virtually impossible for ennemy, especially bosses, to hit us when we are 5 level higher is stupid. Why would anyone want that easy?

Shillen
01.08.2012 , 01:09 PM | #5
If you have 10+ levels on your opponent you will dodge every attack and resist every spell. Of course the boss will seem trivial. Go do a level 34 world boss if your tank is level 34. And don't bring anyone over 38ish.

Gohlar
01.08.2012 , 01:11 PM | #6
Go fight a real world boss, not the noob one.

Snowblind on Hoth was pretty cool. We killed it yesterday.

carnac_fett
01.08.2012 , 01:11 PM | #7
Content in this game does not scale to your level like it does in offline games like Oblivion.

If you're looking for a challenge, fight level-appropriate enemies.
Safeguard - Jedi Guardian - Harbinger (US)

Foxtrotmikelima
01.08.2012 , 01:26 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by PawsofEvil View Post

At lvl 27 SD-0 Oneshot killed about 7 of us the last time I took him on. Its possible someone interupted him during your run. But I know atleast for me. Im a DPS and always stayed behind that behemoth and was unable to see it coming when he dropped his ability.
The First Jedi Principle of Combat: Survive - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Voidence
01.08.2012 , 01:30 PM | #9
So you want a Boss you out lvled and geared to be harder?

Umm...

WickedDjinn
01.08.2012 , 01:39 PM | #10
Kind of silly to know you out level the boss and then complain it was no challenge. This isn't a problem with the game, it's you being unreasonable.