Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I always wondered...

LordRelyks
01.08.2012 , 12:23 PM | #1
With all the technology and spies in the galaxy, why can the Empire NOT find Tython?

Wiz' Khalifa/Nevaro Kas'im from Flurry SWG.

Wolfninjajedi
01.08.2012 , 12:47 PM | #2
Same reason the empire in the OT couldn't find the rebel's hidden base....it was hidden.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

LordRelyks
01.08.2012 , 12:54 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Same reason the empire in the OT couldn't find the rebel's hidden base....it was hidden.
You can't hide an entire planet.

Wiz' Khalifa/Nevaro Kas'im from Flurry SWG.

Kane_Ren
01.08.2012 , 12:58 PM | #4
I live in a house somewhere on this planet, try and find me.

smaller scale but simlair odds.
The problem with droid jesus is that he jumps around too much, you'd think he'd be a lot easier to nail down.

ThreeToedSloth
01.08.2012 , 01:00 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by LordRelyks View Post
Do you know how big a Galaxy is?

Ok, if our galaxy alone was the size of the earth at the equator but a flat disk...our solar system would be ruffly the size of a CD

I think a plant might be able to be over looked seeing as how that flat disk would be PACKED with CDs
SWG refugee squatter

Jerig
01.08.2012 , 01:20 PM | #6
The Empire knows about Tython. The Empire knows that Tython is located in the Deep Core. What the Empire does not know is a Hyperspace route to the star system.
Remember that to fly through Hyperspace safely you need to plot a course that your NavCom can follow. Sure you could jump blind, but that doesn't do much for you when (if) you emerge into normal space. Grand Master Satele Shan found the planet by taking ancient lore about the world and figuring out the route through the Core to find the system. Deep Core systems are HARD to get too because the Deep Core is full of nasty dense star clusters, black hole maws, and thick cosmic dust. Without a proper route to plot your course you'll more than likely die than find even a safe wrong place.
Jerig Saraford - Jedi Knight Myllo Jessik - Smuggler Torion Vale - Bounty Hunter
Coruscant Vanguard Sith Empire Shien RP-PVE Server

BrandonSM
01.08.2012 , 01:52 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by LordRelyks View Post
Tython is Deep Deep Core. Its not a popular place in the galaxy.

And there are over a million planets in SW Galaxy.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Eillack
01.08.2012 , 05:57 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by ThreeToedSloth View Post
Do you know how big a Galaxy is?

Ok, if our galaxy alone was the size of the earth at the equator but a flat disk...our solar system would be ruffly the size of a CD

I think a plant might be able to be over looked seeing as how that flat disk would be PACKED with CDs
An intelligent answer!

Get out of the forums, your kind isn't welcomed!!!

------------------

But seriously, that's a very accurate post.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.