Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No one promised you 5 days of early access

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
No one promised you 5 days of early access

Lord_Of_Sith
12.14.2011 , 05:30 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Genrazn View Post
I think the main problem is that we are PAYING money to get early access and get shafted when dont give maximum time. It would be fine if we just preordered and wait. But I paid cash for it
You are paying for the full version of the game. You are not paying any extra. Early access is a gift from them to you, and is in fact probably the only free gametime you'll ever get.

eurynom
12.14.2011 , 05:30 AM | #12
its like 90% of the broadband companies in sweden

GET UP TO 100Mbit ONLY XXX A MONTH!!!111ONE HURRR

key word "up to", the rest of the companies, like the one i use arent actually aholes and delivers true 100Mbit fiber

guess wich ones is the most popular ?

theres many ways doin business, where some are just wrong, this being one way thats not at all that cool

eurynom
12.14.2011 , 05:32 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Sith View Post
You are paying for the full version of the game. You are not paying any extra. Early access is a gift from them to you, and is in fact probably the only free gametime you'll ever get.
no, we actually paid approx 8 bucks extra just for the "up to 5 days early access" it even shows on my invoice as a separate article, not much , but its the principle, if it had said "for the chance to get 5 days extra" i would have been cool with it

Sendai_S
12.14.2011 , 05:41 AM | #14
I think the main problem is that we are PAYING money to get early access and get shafted when dont give maximum time. It would be fine if we just preordered and wait. But I paid cash for it
I'm confused. Paying what money exactly?

Early access is free. The game didn't any cost more than it would've if you had got it in a store on the 20th and went home and installed, patched and tried to play it then. (Unless you bought it from some very unscrupulous folk off the back of a truck... and they were maybe also selling hub caps and writs watches...)

No one is special - Bioware is doing in this is a way that they seem to think is fair and quite frankly, I do too. Access to the game is supposed to be based on when you redeemed your pre-order code - natch point - also NOT when you pre-ordered but WHEN YOU REDEEMED YOUR PRE-ORDER CODE.

Anytime you get to spend playing the game prior to the 20th is free. So explain just exactly how you are paying for early access?

(((Why do people always feel so entitled to so much?? Especially people who didn't do anything special to deserve it...??)))
---
Griefing doesn't make you cool. It doesn't make you better player. All it does is tell the rest of the world that you are not someone worth knowing.

Genrazn
12.14.2011 , 05:44 AM | #15
Look at your receipt the preorder 5$ is seperate for you to access the early game access thing.

Shows up on mine thats why the code redemption thing has 2 thingies on it vs just 1.

Why it sucks. I paid cash and im not in.

If fact go onto the pre order page to buy the game. In the deluxe edition it even says right there that there was 5$ preorder free (That was included in deluxe)

eurynom
12.14.2011 , 05:46 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Sendai_S View Post
I'm confused. Paying what money exactly?

Early access is free. The game didn't any cost more than it would've if you had got it in a store on the 20th and went home and installed, patched and tried to play it then. (Unless you bought it from some very unscrupulous folk off the back of a truck... and they were maybe also selling hub caps and writs watches...)

No one is special - Bioware is doing in this is a way that they seem to think is fair and quite frankly, I do too. Access to the game is supposed to be based on when you redeemed your pre-order code - natch point - also NOT when you pre-ordered but WHEN YOU REDEEMED YOUR PRE-ORDER CODE.

Anytime you get to spend playing the game prior to the 20th is free. So explain just exactly how you are paying for early access?

(((Why do people always feel so entitled to so much?? Especially people who didn't do anything special to deserve it...??)))

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Digital Standard Edition Pre-Order Fee
(yes its a digital copy) this is explained in a separate row as "gives you up to 5 days early access", this is the extra we payed, shows on the invoice if you bought @ origin store

Kesselschmiede
12.14.2011 , 05:47 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by GreggorZane View Post
They did say if you pre ordered you would get 5 days early access then change there advistising to say up to 5 days.

Maybe BW have given an extra 2 days to stop false advistising so that everyone you pre ordered will have 5 days
Wrong. It's always been "up to 5 days".

eurynom
12.14.2011 , 05:49 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Kesselschmiede View Post
Wrong. It's always been "up to 5 days".
wich everyone knows people will assume they get 5 days, much like anything being sold with "up to" the customer thinks he will be the lucky one and get the full offer

just bad business imo, this aint a unknown tactic

alkanterah
12.14.2011 , 06:05 AM | #19
Yeah I just never put that together. My fault I suppose. I knew not all pre-order would get into the headstart, and "up to 5 days" had me thinking they didn't know exactly when the headstart would begin. Either way I would have waited to see if I got in at the start before cancelling anyhow so it changes nothing.

canadria
12.14.2011 , 06:10 AM | #20
That's crap. You pre-bought the game. You didn't pay extra to play early. You have paid no more or less than you would have if you walked into the store on the 20th.

Or if you did, the store that sold it to you shafted you, and that's no ones fault but yours.