Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

On behalf of Inquisitors everywhere...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sith Warrior
On behalf of Inquisitors everywhere...

Twaddlefish
01.08.2012 , 04:38 AM | #1
Please learn to control your CC-breaking abilities.

That awful jump thing you do to get into combat when you can SEE dudes floating in the air is infuriating. You break CC, the damage incoming increases, we can't heal you up fast enough and you die. There are two other people taking flak as well.

Seriously, us squishy guys stay alive because of you but c'mon.

Vetril
01.08.2012 , 04:43 AM | #2
Did he say "us squishy guys"? :P

Sayc
01.08.2012 , 05:06 AM | #3
If I ever group with you I'm going to focus exclusively on anything you CC, and I'll be sure to pump out those DoTs/AoEs on everything to keep you from re-CCing anything.

MrEastAl
01.08.2012 , 05:06 AM | #4
On behalf of warriors everywhere... learn what it is you are complaining about before asking people to stop doing it. That "awful jump thing" we do to get into combat is called Force Charge. Single target, very flashy, cool way to get into combat. Not an AoE. So when you tell your warriors to stop using the "awful jump thing" they are just going to ignore you for not knowing.

Now there is Smash, which is an AoE for us and will break any CC within 5m of us. But any warrior that uses Smash in a CC heavy environment is a bad warrior.

Darth-Rammstein
01.08.2012 , 05:11 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by MrEastAl View Post
On behalf of warriors everywhere... learn what it is you are complaining about before asking people to stop doing it. That "awful jump thing" we do to get into combat is called Force Charge. Single target, very flashy, cool way to get into combat. Not an AoE. So when you tell your warriors to stop using the "awful jump thing" they are just going to ignore you for not knowing.

Now there is Smash, which is an AoE for us and will break any CC within 5m of us. But any warrior that uses Smash in a CC heavy environment is a bad warrior.
I'm assuming he was referring to the force stomp ability, which like you said only a bad warrior would use with cc targets around him.
Belgoth's Beacon ----> The Fatman ----> Prophecy of the Five

Twaddlefish
01.08.2012 , 05:36 AM | #6
I appreciate my post was a little facetious, and thankyou for you guys understanding me. I wasn't intending to be a troll.

But when you use all the flashy icons and the party chat...aaaah!

Still, not rolled a warrior yet so I shall reserve judgement on the class for now, but it looks fun.

Eltohan
01.08.2012 , 06:24 AM | #7
Don't roll a Marauder AC if you fancy black robes, capes, hoods, cause it's not gonna happen anytime soon. Bioware is trolling us on this and no official response on this.

And on top on this, on the french client at least, the "Dark" (cough "Darth") title is available for SI, but for us warriors we get "Emperor's wrath"

<---Mad Marauder

Pudsley
01.08.2012 , 08:46 AM | #8
Just to clarify, defensive Juggernauts do not have much in the way of AoE and those they have are maximum range of 5 metres. (Force Smash).

So you may see us charging about and leaping back and fourth but as flashy as it is we have to be right next to a CC target to break it with an AoE.

Though the last person to break CC should be the tank as he'll have to pick up the loose mob.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi

Vegost
01.08.2012 , 08:55 AM | #9
This seems like the correct place to take this. Not the PvP forum or in the game, but here. Yep, makes perfect sense.
"Prepare to become one with the Force, Jedi. "

Because it's not a proper Star Wars signature without a Darth Maul-quote.

Naselus
01.08.2012 , 10:45 AM | #10
What's the bet that the OP is also the first person to start complaining about us not picking up all 5 mobs instantly?

We have 2 AOEs that breaks CC. If we don't use them, we don't get threat on all the mobs at the start of combat. It is pretty much standard for a tank to charge into combat and then instantly hit Smash so that the healer in the group doesn't immediately get aggro on all the other mobs, which we can't easily get back due to only having a single ranged abilty on a long c/d. So any CC which can be used in combat really should be used once combat has started, rather than used as we pull and then ignored while you pew pew.

Seriously, you have to look after 1 mob. Don't complain about us using our only multi-target abilities to pick up ALL the mobs causing you to have to recast your CC once... after which, a decent tank will drag mobs away from the CC target. You're not going to get a good response.