Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So, what about Zenith?

artilleryshell
01.08.2012 , 09:47 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Minniyar View Post
I've been trying him in AOE after reading this, and it's pure win. I can't believe i never tried him before. I still swap to sniper for boss mobs but zowie.
a convert to aoe farming. One of us. One of us.
Yes, its a dress, now shut up, sit down, and watch me tank this boss. - artilleryshell
You know we don't have eyes, so what's behind the veil?
A beard. - Atasama

Deedre
01.08.2012 , 09:47 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by artilleryshell View Post
Why can't you do aoe pulls? are you a sage and want a companion that holds aoe threat? If so, i'd say that's probably the thing. When playing a tank, though, this guy plows through mobs like a lawnmower. his aoe stance is something of great beauty, in my personal experience.
I'm a sage, yes. I need somebody who can get in there and grab aggro so I can drop my own aoe. Zenith just isn't sage friendly.

Minniyar
01.08.2012 , 10:03 PM | #23
I"m a sage too, and it hasn't been a problem for me using the tactics i described earlier

Deedre
01.08.2012 , 10:13 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Minniyar View Post
I"m a sage too, and it hasn't been a problem for me using the tactics i described earlier
You will understand when you get Nadia.

Goukes
01.08.2012 , 11:50 PM | #25
From the story arcs, Zenith's is actually one of the more interesting ones. He actually changes his attitude towards you from merely tolerating you as an ally in the beginning to deeply trusting you as a friend in the end, which is a huge deal for a persona like Zenith.
He is willing to do what needs to be done, but he never loses sight of the greater good.
Nadia just wants to hump you right from the start and keeps it up till the end, and Tharan just stays an arrogant selfloving Scientist all the way, and stroking his ego with your answers is the obvious way to gain his affection, Holiday is the only reason i keep him around(well that and soloing champions ofc). Qyzen doesn't have a personality at all, solely defined by his profession as a hunter.

As a companion in battle Zenith may not be the best choice for anyone who wants his companion to tank stuff for obvious reasons, his single target damage is unmatched though.
I didn't test his AoE capabilities yet, cause i am just having too much fun with him one-or twoshooting stuff with his up to 3k aimed crits.
I can hardly imagine that he matches Nadja in AoE damage, but after reading here i will test it now, though even if he does, i will keep using him in snipermode.

Ellisande
01.08.2012 , 11:53 PM | #26
Is this a thread about Mr. Personality?
Quote: Originally Posted by cjohnk View Post
You can't add completely arbitrary assumptions on to someone's statement. When a statement is made, take it for what it is not for what it could be if you tack on 7 more words of your own choosing.

LeJay
01.09.2012 , 12:21 AM | #27
I adore Zenith. I love his personality and his story. That said, playing with him as a DPS Sage can be very tricky - it's more about killing them before they can kill you, and I find myself using CCs, interrupts and Force Armor a lot more than before.

I wouldn't call it optimal in any way, but for each their own, I guess. I actually like the challenge. I have yet to test his AoE mode since I'm afraid he'll break my CCs left and right.

PS: Does anyone knows where I can find customization kits for Zenith, by the way?

tufy
01.09.2012 , 01:09 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by artilleryshell View Post
Everyone's always talking about nadia, qyzen, or theran. Yes, these are great characters and work well with certain builds, but i gotta say.. i'm lovin' the zenith. gear him up, put that bad boy in assault mode, aoe tank, and let him melt faces.

Love this companion so much. Questing is a breeze. Only get out theran if i need to do endurance battles, like soloing 2+ heroics
Thing is, properly geared, Nadia completely obliterates him at AoE, while still being able to take at least some damage. Since you'll want Cedax for hard single target fights anyway, Zenith kinda doesn't have a purpose, except when duoing Flashpoints and you can have him out as dps - but that's simply not worth the hassle of gearing him up, imo, as Nadia also performs quite well on single target fights.

Goukes
01.09.2012 , 01:52 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by tufy View Post
Thing is, properly geared, Nadia completely obliterates him at AoE, while still being able to take at least some damage. Since you'll want Cedax for hard single target fights anyway, Zenith kinda doesn't have a purpose, except when duoing Flashpoints and you can have him out as dps - but that's simply not worth the hassle of gearing him up, imo, as Nadia also performs quite well on single target fights.
Well in my experience a lot of "aoe" groups are too small or have ranged mobs standing too far apart to get aoed properly enough for Nadia to significantly outshine Zenith.
My Zenith is very well equiped and soloes strong mobs in about 10 seconds, I do all my dailies with him, even the H2+ on Belsavis(mind mazing the elite one of each group and obliterating the 2 strong ones first with Zenith tanking one of them, cause i need my hp for the left over elite) and only tag in Tharan for the 2 champions.
Nadias st damage is rather weak if i turn off her aoe abilities so i could never pull the H2+ with her, that would mean either significantly less damage or no cc on the elite one.
Ofcourse i could just put out Tharan all the way to avoid the hassle, but the quest would take me twice the time, and i also like a little challange.

Raltar
01.09.2012 , 02:10 AM | #30
As far as I'm concerned, there are only two companions for the JC: Qyzen and Nadia. The others are just too worthless.