Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So, what about Zenith?

artilleryshell
01.08.2012 , 05:37 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Nastar View Post
I've never used him, and i never will.

Nadia and Theran FTW
You're missing out on delicoius nukeage, my friend.
Yes, its a dress, now shut up, sit down, and watch me tank this boss. - artilleryshell
You know we don't have eyes, so what's behind the veil?
A beard. - Atasama

Jswizzle
01.08.2012 , 05:44 PM | #12
I like Zenith as a character, his personality ect.

I just don't like his combat tactics. It doesn't mesh well with my Sage imo. I can already obliterate enemies from Range. I need someone to get up close and keep some of the bad guys off me. When I use Zenith I just don't feel like I can control the flow of battle as well.

Nadia is just a little bad*** plain and simple. I don't know how she does it, but she dodges and parries all the time. As long as I keep her rejuvenated and force armored she wont die to anything less than 3 elites.

artilleryshell
01.08.2012 , 05:47 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Jswizzle View Post
I like Zenith as a character, his personality ect.

I just don't like his combat tactics. It doesn't mesh well with my Sage imo. I can already obliterate enemies from Range. I need someone to get up close and keep some of the bad guys off me. When I use Zenith I just don't feel like I can control the flow of battle as well.

Nadia is just a little bad*** plain and simple. I don't know how she does it, but she dodges and parries all the time. As long as I keep her rejuvenated and force armored she wont die to anything less than 3 elites.
yeah i'm thinking nadia's more the dps to tote if you're feeling squishy, and zenith is the guy to tote if you're a crunchy fellow, like I am.

I need this guy's dps edge on nadia since i'm so geared and focused on defense. it just works out beautifully for me. If i were wanting something to hold agro and to control the battlefield, i'm sure i'd probably rather bust out nadia for her controlly abilities.

I'm controlling the battlefield so i get out zenith for raw mob-blender action. Double thermal detonator frappe'!
Yes, its a dress, now shut up, sit down, and watch me tank this boss. - artilleryshell
A beard. - Atasama

Llostris
01.08.2012 , 06:00 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Rashne View Post
Personally, Iresso and Nadia are my two favorites. Theran is a necessity for soloing heroic quests, but otherwise I run with the Lt. and Nadia.
I agree with you. After finishing Iresso's romance arc (which IMHO is one of the better romances for females in Bioware games) I now focus on teaching my young padawan.

As for Zenith - my second character is IA so I can't stand the look of that filthy terrorist.

Dystopic
01.08.2012 , 07:23 PM | #15
Zenith sucks for a sage IMO

ZenBones
01.08.2012 , 07:36 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Xezkaiel View Post
Can Zenith be romanced by female JC's?
Supposedly, yes. Some of the websites out there list him and lt. Iresso as the two male romance companions for consulars.
Jedi Consular Shadow - "Sounds dangerous. I'll take care of it."
May the farce be with you.

Minniyar
01.08.2012 , 07:38 PM | #17
I love Zenith. He's my favorite of the 4 companions I've got so far (I don't have Nadia yet, and probably won't use her even when I do get her). I play a pure healing sage. In groups of 3+ mobs I put Force Armor on myself and Zenith, run up into the mobs and throw down Force Quake. Quake knocks down the mobs within it's range so I don't take much damage, the ones that are outside it's range are generally picked off by Zenith. For more powerful mobs, I force lift the more powerful one, kill the weak one, then Zenith and I take down the other. So far, I've used him exclusively in sniper mode, but now I'm curious as to how his AOE damage mode works out. For heroic mobs, I alternate between using stun, force throw, mind snap to interrupt special abilities, and force wave to knock them back. I was able to kill the boss at the end of act 2 doing that (though Zenith did die cause I had a RL interruption). The only time I couldn't complete a quest with him was Attis Station.

I'm surprised people find his story bland. To me, it's the most interesting of the companions I've got so far. I have not gotten a single option to flirt with him, and to be honest he's so serious, I'm not sure how he'd react to something so frivolous. To me, he seems to have suffered the loss of so many friends and companions as a result of Imperial occupation of Balmorra, he really has a hard time letting his guard down, and if you push him on his feelings/emotions he shuts down completely. "Enough talk." I wish he was romanceable, but I've seen no evidence of it so far. I hope I'm wrong.

I keep checking the community forums in hopes that someone's written some compelling fanfic fleshing out the Consular/zenith relationship, but alas, no such luck. I may have to take up the flag.

ZenBones
01.08.2012 , 08:55 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by ZenBones View Post
Supposedly, yes. Some of the websites out there list him and lt. Iresso as the two male romance companions for consulars.
Replying to myself here. I saw in another thread that he's not romanceable? I'm guessing either the sites I've looked at were wrong, or he had relationship options back in beta or something.

So, I guess my answer is "I don't know"

Doesn't matter to me either way. Playing a male consular, and playing a "by the book" Jedi.
Jedi Consular Shadow - "Sounds dangerous. I'll take care of it."
May the farce be with you.

artilleryshell
01.08.2012 , 09:23 PM | #19
Zenith is a hate machine fueled by the blood of imperials that are fed to his mass sticky grenade lawnmower.

Zenith has not time for frivolous kissing. he must make more bombs.

Zenith must feed.

i honestly get more excited when an upgrade for zenith drops that no one wants than if an upgrade for me drops. This guy's aoe face melting is made of blood, pain, and victory.

zenith requires the blood of imperial scum to prime his rifle.

Zenith must feed.

@ minniyar many of his aoe abilities are turned off by default, if you toss him in assault mode, make sure to turn on his "i win" button, that being the one where he throws sticky grenades on everything in a square kilometer.
A beard. - Atasama

Minniyar
01.08.2012 , 09:39 PM | #20
I've been trying him in AOE after reading this, and it's pure win. I can't believe i never tried him before. I still swap to sniper for boss mobs but zowie.