Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Horrid FPS

Duaragon
01.08.2012 , 08:52 AM | #101
I run across some interesting posts in nvidia forum, some tech support there assumed the game is quote "a memmory hog"...
From my observation - quite correct.
Considering the fact this is a dx9 game that can adress only 32bit memmory pattern it consumes 2.5gb of ram after intense gameplay, it consume and do not free the memmory it uses, wich in the end result as stuttering or sometimes ctd.
And for example BF3 [both games in full hd maxed out] do not adress more than 1.5gb ram, same goes for video memmory - for example BF uses up around 600mb when TOR reaches 890 after some time.

The question is - will BW fix it ?
This looks like some kind of mem leak or mem lock up, couple of games suffered from similiar issues and usually devs released quick and easy patches to adress the issues.

P.S.
This might be the cause of the poor framerate as well.
Dura Lex Sed Lex

Nifelhein
01.08.2012 , 09:10 AM | #102
Ok, since I now seem to ahve this issue, here is the information they asked for:

Graphic card used : MSI HAWK Geforce 560Ti
Driver version: 290.53 (Beta)
Use of a CrossFire system: No
Drop of FPS in the confined spaces (buildings/ships): Yes
Server name: Port Nowhere

DXDiag provided here:

Spoiler

Additional information asked after the post:

When did this issue start for you: After the 1.0.2 Patch

Dracsoul
01.08.2012 , 09:12 AM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Nifelhein View Post
Ok, since I now seem to ahve this issue, here is the information they asked for:

Graphic card used : MSI HAWK Geforce 560Ti
Driver version: 290.53 (Beta)
Use of a CrossFire system: No
Drop of FPS in the confined spaces (buildings/ships): Yes
Server name: Port Nowhere

DXDiag provided here:

Spoiler
when did this issue start for you ?

Dracsoul
01.08.2012 , 09:13 AM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by ShaneDalton View Post
So yesterday 1/7/12 my game for the first time started running very slow in buildings, caves... You know the story BW this is the 4th thread. If this is not fixed and it comes time to pay for another month I know I will not be playing anymore along with many people that have the same issue.
P.s. I tried all your ideas turning the graphics down......
this is the 7th reincarnation of this thread..

Uberpwnage
01.08.2012 , 09:14 AM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Duaragon View Post
This looks like some kind of mem leak or mem lock up, couple of games suffered from similiar issues and usually devs released quick and easy patches to adress the issues.
I remember also having similar problems with Dragon Age: Origins. There was supposed to be some kind of memory leak. But not much attention has been paid to that, hope that for this MMO the developers feel more obligated to fix the problem.

Just saying =)

noggerr
01.08.2012 , 09:14 AM | #106
My GPU is at 30% and i have 25 FPS in warzones.. Using different settings dont matter, i have same results high or low, and its not that its to demanding... the game just wont use all GPU power when it gets crowded..

viewtiful_joe
01.08.2012 , 09:27 AM | #107
Bump!!!!!

sir_talmor
01.08.2012 , 09:29 AM | #108
I always get this issue myself as well and I have a temporary fix.

Modify one of your graphical settings when this happens (I usually change the refresh rate from 59 to 60 or vice versa). It will force the game to refresh for a few seconds and it fixes the problem for quite a while!!!!

Redrionarn
01.08.2012 , 09:43 AM | #109
i think they will fix it... there is no bugs with emotes now so .. lol
Gaming isnt a bad thing.

TheLuckyFinn
01.08.2012 , 09:46 AM | #110
To play TOR I've followed the advice on the Net to bump fps, now the game looks ugly and is still pvp unplayable hovering at about 12 fps - only PvE is playable. This seems like a generic problem for people with all kinds of machines, so EA need to divert their resources into addressing the memory gobbling issues before they lose a good percentage of their subs base. Tempted to go back to Wow.