Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Horrid FPS

douglastroop
12.14.2011 , 07:12 PM | #1
Alright I dont know if this is the right place to put this but for some reason whenever I am near a building or go in a cave my FPS plummets. Everywhere else its good and about 90 but when I go in a cave or inside a building it drops to about 2. Any advice would be muchly appreciated. I even tried running it on its lowest possible settings and it still does it. I am at my wits end with this. Please help
For every man there is a cause for which he will gladly die for,
Defend the right to have a place to which he can belong to,
And every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation,
And shed his blood to stem the tide to barricade invasion.

Artthen
01.08.2012 , 03:10 AM | #2
Hello everyone!

The previous version of this thread has exceeded our maximum post threshold, therefore we have recreated it here so that we can continue closely monitoring the progression of this game issue.

Because this thread is in the Customer Service forum, and it has been posted in by several of our friendly Customer Service protocol droids as well as Associate Online Community Manager Joveth Gonzalez, we are going to copy their posts below so that they are more accessible to you. Please continue reading in order to learn what they have had to say.

Quote: Originally Posted by N2-H0 View Post
Hello,

We’re sorry to hear you’re experiencing this problem.
Thank you for having reported this issue.
If you have not yet tried the following troubleshooting steps, please do so and let us know if your issue is resolved!
  • Close any and all applications running in the background.
  • Turn down the in-game graphic settings.
  • Change the settings to favour performance over quality if you are using a third party graphic management software.
  • Turning off “bloom" in the graphic options in game.
  • Turning shadows off and shaders low.
  • Update your drivers.
If you do not notice a change after having tried the options listed,
can you please reply to these question here in this topic please :
  • Graphic card used :
  • Driver version:
  • Use of a CrossFire system: Yes/No
  • Drop of FPS in the confined spaces (buildings/ships): Yes/No
  • Server name:
Thank you.
Quote: Originally Posted by N2-H0 View Post
Hello everyone,

Thank you for your patience.
Our team is still working on this issue.
Thank you for having provided the information requested, it helps us diagnose the situation.

Quote: Originally Posted by P5-R4 View Post
Greetings all,

I would ask you to take a look at this post made by N2-H0 (again) and in case the troubleshooting steps don't resolve the issue, reply in this thread with the information requested (if you haven't done that already).

I do understand that you want to play the game without fps-issues and I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Thank you for your patience!
Quote: Originally Posted by N5-L1 View Post
Greetings All,

Thank you for all of the valuable information that you have provided.

We are currently investigating this issue and we hope to get this resolved as quickly as possible.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and we appreciate your patience with this issue.
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hey folks, as N5-L1 mentioned, we are currently investigating this issue based off of the information that you have provided. Because this issue can be attributed to various factors, our team is currently investigating all possibilities. Thank you for your patience.
Hey everyone, we have an update on this issue for you. Our development team and our production team have been investigating this issue and we want to thank everyone who has posted constructively on this thread. You’ve provided the development team with a basis for investigation into the low FPS issues, and with your help they have identified and are in the process of resolving the indoor framerate drop.

Please note: this applies to people experiencing a severe framerate drop only when inside buildings, or alleviated symptoms when turning off shadows. Please keep in mind that there are always numerous factors at play when you experience an issue; the more specific you can be with your report, the better you are equipping us to investigate and fix it.

If you are experiencing a framerate issue that does not fall under that very specific category, please respond to this thread with the following information:
  • A clear and concise description of your issue.
  • Your DXDiag (please use spoiler tags).
Have you followed these specific steps (see my note about “Low” settings):
  • Change settings to high, click apply. You should see a loading screen as settings are applied.
  • Change settings to low, click apply. You should see another loading screen.
  • Observe whether there is any change in performance.

Some of you have already pointed this out, but there is a separate issue at play here that might be adding another layer of confusion. Your settings will always display as “Low” on first run of the game – but they might actually be on Medium or High!

Thank you for your patience, and know that we are keeping a very close eye on the forums.
Thank you, that is a very good assessment. Everything is sorted by priority and complexity. Because this FPS issue is so varied, and any number of factors could affect it, it's taking a bit more time to investigate. At the moment, our developers are going over logs and are working on a more detailed blog post that we should be posting soon. Thanks again for your patience!
Thank you for your patience and cooperation! Again, please note that the previous version of this thread can be found here. It has not been removed, and continues to undergo review.

Trojan_Rabbit
01.08.2012 , 03:16 AM | #3
Well, here we go again. :-|

Redrionarn
01.08.2012 , 03:21 AM | #4
yeh.. bump this man.. still no solutions
Gaming isnt a bad thing.

HerrFett
01.08.2012 , 03:22 AM | #5
LOL here we go again!

When will you Biodroids finally give us a update on the FPS issue?We would like to finally be able to play the game like everyone else does.

Oh wait,you can't you gotta fix dem emotes right?

viewtiful_joe
01.08.2012 , 03:24 AM | #6
bump....

Pricee
01.08.2012 , 03:27 AM | #7
How many threads is this now?
SWG Veteran
WoW Gladiator

Cancelled. Run BF3 / Skyrim on ultra 60+fps. Run SWTOR on LOW 15 fps

Vishos
01.08.2012 , 03:28 AM | #8
*facepalm*c again with the same yellow post from the last 5 forums on the same topic, thanks Bioware for showing us how much you really care. This reminds me off calling my car insurance company and talking to a computer for 15 min before i actually get to where i need to go. worst 15 min of my life. this "Bot" every time
Don't pick on me! I sharpen my toe nails and i kick really hard!

Vishos
01.08.2012 , 03:30 AM | #9
i think there will be a total of 2000 pages before we get a response.

BUMP!!!!!!!!
Don't pick on me! I sharpen my toe nails and i kick really hard!

Trojan_Rabbit
01.08.2012 , 03:33 AM | #10
We should start betting credits on how many pages it will take.