Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Soa's Nightmare Tuning

Tulian
01.09.2012 , 01:42 AM | #21
German Gild Irae AOD Contend Clear Nightmare 8man tow weeks ago

Arkenthro
01.09.2012 , 01:55 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Tulian View Post
German Gild Irae AOD Contend Clear Nightmare 8man tow weeks ago
This was before nightmare mode really existed.

Tulian
01.09.2012 , 02:17 AM | #23
Contend clear Nightmare 8man 01.01.2012 Irae AOD Germany

Sorny
01.09.2012 , 02:58 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Tulian View Post
Contend clear Nightmare 8man 01.01.2012 Irae AOD Germany
it was a bug, it was actually hard mode they fought. (was fixed last patch).

anyone who has seen the new nightmare mode, and can read this basic maths can tell straight off its broken.

and for people reading it and thinking its just a quick burst damage.... he throws mind traps out 1 after another (theres always going to be 1 up) so you cant just use CDs to burst it down, its got to be 2.2k SUSTAINED dps, which is impossible even if you had full rakata gear and BiS everything, using the best rotation (well, best you can figure out without a combat log).

im starting to think its going the way of wow, where they make it so stupidly overtuned that no one can do it, then nerf it and have all the raiding guilds clear it the same night as the patch.

Lightmgl
01.09.2012 , 04:49 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Sorny View Post

anyone who has seen the new nightmare mode, and can read this basic maths can tell straight off its broken.

and for people reading it and thinking its just a quick burst damage.... he throws mind traps out 1 after another (theres always going to be 1 up) so you cant just use CDs to burst it down, its got to be 2.2k SUSTAINED dps, which is impossible even if you had full rakata gear and BiS everything, using the best rotation (well, best you can figure out without a combat log).

im starting to think its going the way of wow, where they make it so stupidly overtuned that no one can do it, then nerf it and have all the raiding guilds clear it the same night as the patch.
Yeah its really bad. Nobody even mentions either that not only can you get unlucky and get a DPS trapped but he can pick one up and toss them around at the same time. -2 DPS good luck ever catching back up with that.

Merraith
01.09.2012 , 04:55 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Sorny View Post

It may be overtuned, but complaining about it being impossible 4 weeks in is just as ridiculous. When the entire raid has full Rakata in every possible slot and Columi mainhand weapons and it's still coming up miles short of the dps check...then it can be said it's impossible. Even if that's the case, there is a big difference between being massively overtuned and just overtuned. Even an 8 man raid isn't going to have that gear level after only 4 weeks.

Toolittle
01.09.2012 , 05:05 AM | #27
Why do you waste your time citing real math when you know 3/4's of the posts in the thread will be idiots who didn't read it and claim you are under geared. It's quite clear they know its impossible and made it that way on purpose as a "gate mechanic". Now no one can claim they cleared nightmare mode in 2-3 weeks. Christ the trolls on here are absurd, wish these ****** forum mods banned people for posting dumb **** in peoples threads.

Sorny
01.09.2012 , 05:35 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Merraith View Post
It may be overtuned, but complaining about it being impossible 4 weeks in is just as ridiculous. When the entire raid has full Rakata in every possible slot and Columi mainhand weapons and it's still coming up miles short of the dps check...then it can be said it's impossible. Even if that's the case, there is a big difference between being massively overtuned and just overtuned. Even an 8 man raid isn't going to have that gear level after only 4 weeks.
it IS impossible, there are some top tier raiding guilds which already have the best gear in the game (its not hard as it drops in hard modes) and even the best dps in those groups cant sustain enough dps.

220k mind traps are so broken its stupid, i cant imagine they programmed it thinking someone could actually do it even after 6 months of gear farming. they WILL nerf it in the next few patches, as its just a way to slow the end game progression.

the OP even went and showed everyone the maths of how much dps is needed, yet people arnt seeing the over whelming facts that with the current "best" gear, its impossible (unless someone finds an exploit) and its not just "oh i need another 100 dps, if i tweak my rotation, or move skill points around i might be able to hit it" its flat out impossible, no tweaking of skills/rotations/mods will grant a 1000dps boost to all the dps and tanks in a raid.

im guessing from the maths, 80-120k mind traps would be balanced yet still very challenging (due to the enrage).

Zoxo_Bear
01.09.2012 , 06:53 AM | #29
Thank you for posting this. I certainly do hope it gets addressed soon.

To be clear and agree with teh 20 posts above this one.

The math speaks for itself. The encounter is simply broken. Unless they plan for this encounter to be progression content after the first expansion it's broken.

This is not an opinion it is a mathematical fact. To have a chance you would need to fight 8 man NIGHT/SOA with a 16 man raid+ and 24+ for the 16 man.

I think the main problem is people have "WoW' on the brain. So let me clear something up with you.

ILEVEL 50 mods from ILLUM/BELSAVIS, ILEVEL 51 MODS from HARD MODES, ILEVEL 52 MODS from EV NORM

Now... take this into consideration, each mod listed above might be 1 AIM/CUN/STR/WILL per tier and maybe x2 power etc.

think about that. Now let me give you an analogy for you wow heads not grasping this.

it's essentially like getting full Justice Gear in WoW and then moving up to raid/valor gear and it being +1 stat more than the JP gear. What exactly do you think you are going to accomplish with that? Not much.

Now imagine that scenario and they double the health of a boss that was already tuned perfectly.

Get it now?

MorningMusume
01.09.2012 , 07:11 AM | #30
Also he seems to have multiple bugs. But you can at least play the russian roulette if he was tunned correctly.

I haven't done NM, but on normal has also plenty of bugs. For example on our normal kill he didn't lose the shield on an perfect impact. You can see it in our video (starts a few seconds before the bug):

http://youtu.be/ptb_093vkh4?hd=1&t=6m3s