Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Soa's Nightmare Tuning

nschlan
01.08.2012 , 10:52 AM | #11
Yeah...it's not a gear check. We noticed the same thing yesterday. Considering the hp on mindtraps in Hard is roughly 24-25k, jumping them up to over 240k is ridiculous. Personally I think someone programmed in a few extra 0s. >.> Currently, there is no feasible way to do it that we know of. Anyone thinking it's a gear check hasn't tried it since it got fixed Wednesday.

Talezeusz
01.08.2012 , 10:56 AM | #12
Really? 3 weeks after start you said that something is impossible, please if noone kill him through let's say 6 months, then i could aggree that something is wrong. In EQ2 some raids have 8-months progress to world first, geez guys... i know that everyone now are casuals but I didn't know that so

Raencloud
01.08.2012 , 11:12 AM | #13
For the love of God. Thing was fixed a week ago and you're already complaining and spewing out maths to say it's impossible, especially when you don't even have a dps meter to know for sure how well certain people are performing? Give me a break. At the very least give it a month. If you're entire raid is decked out in Rakata gear, and you've tried different comps and dps out to make sure it's not just poor performance, THEN come back and inquire about the fight.

Rainsfords
01.08.2012 , 11:34 AM | #14
I'm enjoying the people criticizing the OP who clearly don't know what they are talking about. Adding a few points of Aim or 20 points to base weapon dps isn't going to make up for the 2x dps increase requires. This is obviously a situation of the deva NOT play testing something and just slapping stats. Kind of like how foundry/BP is unbeatable by a group whose progression matches their difficulty.

NasherUK
01.08.2012 , 11:41 AM | #15
There are some hard mode fights that seem impossible at the moment, some depending on what class tanks it. Either because the maths are wrong for the fight or they are just bugged.

The bonus boss in hard more BT is an example. Even if you interrupt his knockback it still lands, but he will only use it on melee so if you range tank him its easy. Similar thing with one of the bosses in directive 7.

Padmay
01.08.2012 , 12:06 PM | #16
Hi guys !

We are currently progressing on Soa Nightmare and HM in 8 and 16 players mode, and we agree with this post.

There is not really much point even pulling the boss in its current state, tho 4/5 Nightmare is definetly doable, and so Soa HM is.

On another note, Bonetrasher Nightmare is also quite "funny", cleave oneshotting 136 geared marauder, and the jump damaging the whole raid for 15-17k.

Just have to hope everything will get fixed with 1.1 and next tiers.

TDLR: Agreed, impossible in its current state. Dumb hotfix, let's wait for 1.1
Millenium Star Wars: The Old Republic

Raencloud
01.08.2012 , 12:10 PM | #17
There are plenty of bugs in this game, I won't debate that at all. However, almost all of them, once discovered, can be prevented or don't even happen unless you do something strange to begin with.

I also have no idea what bugs you are referring to in D7 or BT, because I've done both of those with non ranged tanks and never had any issues.

CHRISGG
01.08.2012 , 01:27 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Faxxon View Post
More encounters soley reliable on gear, this games really exciting!
Its not gear it's just hilariously overtuned. This is "someone accidently tacked an extra 0 on" level of overtuned.
AKA Faction
50 Sage, Wound in the Force
Check out my YouTube channel, tons of SW:TOR videos!

Leftclickz
01.08.2012 , 01:48 PM | #19
isnt the OP the same nerd who complained raids are too ez? lol

HansoSoloo
01.08.2012 , 02:14 PM | #20
you´ve done your work better as the ppl @bioware... really they need some ppl with more skill to design encounters.