Operatives/Scoundrels need serious buffs.

aspectsofwar

DPS Operatives/Scoundrels are bad at everything except ganking low levels in warzones. We've all seen videos of them popping Adrenals and Relics and bursting low levels without PvP gear in seconds but against other equally geared level 50s Operatives/Scoundrels are the worst class in the game. Once level 50 brackets are added they will have no use or purpose in a PvP environment.

In a 1v1 match against an equally geared character, an operative will always lose. Once their Hidden Strike burst is done, they have no sustained DPS and cannot match the DPS of the other classes. All their damage abilities are on agonizingly long cooldowns. For example:

Backstab (main DPS ability): 9 second cooldown

Shiv (Only nonstealth ability which gives tactical advantage): 6 seconds

Laceration (requires tactical advantage, therefore also 6 second cooldown)

In between these abilities we are forced to use our base attack which does pathetic damage. We can also use overload shot which only does marginally more damage than our base attack except drains our energy bar in seconds.

Compared to other classes Operatives/Scoundrels are incredibly squishy. This compounded with their low damage per second equals a loss.

Like many of the low level whiners on this forum say DPS specced Operatives/Scoundrels DO NOT have:

-instant heals

-damage outside of initial burst

-infinite cloaking screens

-damageable CC outside of hidden strike and their one 45 second cooldown stun

DPS Operatives/Scoundrels also have nothing to offer in group play.

In Huttball they do not have any sort of knockback, speed increase, or leap. Unlike every other class they have zero abilities which help them carry the ball. They cannot catch up to people who have the ball. They cannot hinder other players in any way. They just do their initial burst, then they are done.

Their healing is non existent. DPS Scoundrels/Operatives have kolto infusion which is a 2.5 second cast which suffers from pushback and costs 25 energy. That means 4 weak heal casts before they are at 0 energy.

They have one long CC which can only be used on an out of combat player, from stealth and on one person which breaks on damage. This is nothing compared to whirlwind or some of the other CCs which can be used at any time.

My suggestions to make DPS Operatives and Scoundrels more viable in PvP are:

-Reduce the cooldowns on their main damage abilities.

-Give them an ability movement speed increase.

-Give them a knockback or another in combat CC ability

-Reduce the energy cost of Overload Shot

-Reduce the cast time and energy cost of kolto infusion

Some NERFS I would suggest for Scoundrels and Operatives to keep the undergeared and low levels from thinking they are overpowered are:

-add a cooldown to Hidden Strike

-make Adrenals and Relics not usable from stealth

I know a lot of people are reading this thinking I have no credentials, a noob or raving lunatic but what I say is the truth. I have knowledge about PvP in MMOs beyond the average person. In WoW (which this games combat system is a clone of in every way) I achieved the Gladiator title on several specs and characters in every season I participated in ranked PvP (For those who are unaware Gladiator is awarded to the top 0.5% of players). I know what I'm talking about. When level 50 brackets are implemented you will see a serious drop off of Scoundrels and Operatives from an already underplayed class because they simply will not be able to compete.

Thank you for you time. The truth hurts, I know.

Either you're trolling or are just really really bad at pvp. Im geared out in full champion gear and get 3-4 shot. even if they dont get their opener I get 3k 3k 3k 3k 3k dead. If you need more help as an operative then you should just uninstall now

Either you're trolling or are just really really bad at pvp. Im geared out in full champion gear and get 3-4 shot. even if they dont get their opener I get 3k 3k 3k 3k 3k dead. If you need more help as an operative then you should just uninstall now

Actually you would not believe how more complex Scoundrel's/Op's DPS is outside of its opener.

In order to maximize DPS outside of the opener, you start with 1 Upper Hand(max 2 stacks). 1 Sucker Punch Consumes Upper Hand, you have to keep a bleed on them(Vital Shot)

Pistol Whip Generates 1 Upper Hand. Backblast 9 Second CD(Which you have to use flechette round during Second Backblast to keep the armor pen), Pistol Whip 6 Seconds so on and so forth. Aside from spamming Quick shot(which=GG 0 Energy Bar), you cannot just use 1 ability.

The Class basically has a second resource in the form of upper hand/Tactical Advantage(I think its called for Ops).

However I do not support a buff. Our Class is pretty solid atm, a buff would make it very broken.

Edit: I also disagree with Group play to a degree. While our utility is somewhat lacking in group place, we can play a powerful role if we can manage to assasinate someone during confusion, as well as preventing Zerg and Leave 1 defender strategies. However with no knockbacks, very short range CCs, our class is a little gimped in team play such as huttball.

Edited by Kyrandis

In Huttball they do not have any sort of knockback, speed increase, or leap. Unlike every other class they have zero abilities which help them carry the ball. They cannot catch up to people who have the ball. They cannot hinder other players in any way. They just do their initial burst, then they are done.

Whatever you guys are going to say to him about his post, this part is 100% true. Scoundrels are the most useless class for objective play in Hutball.

This class is pretty much vanilla WoW Rogue all over again. except our stealth is weaker, I've been auto attacked out of it from behind from atleast 30 yards away. ( i have the talents to make it stronger)

There also needs to be another bar that shows up in stealth much like how there is when we go into cover.

The cool downs on the moves aren't so bad, but the GCD mixed in with that terrible delay on moves is what makes this class feel like I'm playing in water. Some moves should only trigger GCD with other moves that share the same class as well as others. (Shoot first sharing the same CD with Back blast, thus forcing us to use other tools out side of an opener) But since its all one big GCD it forces us into the same old corner. Even the action of a simple auto attack to finish a foe punishes us.Interrupting a healer is impossible with the way that this game has it's GCD for us, we ether spam our interrupts hoping that the delay doesn't screw us over or we try to deal damage while they get their heals off anyways out healing out pitiful out of stealth DPS.

The out of stealth DPS in a pvp setting is inconsistent due to the RNG procs of punches. Its either REALLY good or Plain Flops in our faces forcing us to wait for the pistol whip to come up again. Whats worse is that the Cool down of the punches + the GCD screw us over on our Upper hand procs because Upper hand dosn't refresh itself after you use a proc so we essentially LOSE 2 procs we saved up because we had to use ONE.

Spell casters don't have this problem because the GCD is already over after a channeled spell thus their next action is already ready for them.

Another huge developer flaw is the resolve system and how it works with this class. If I tranquilize,(to catch up to our target) I dont get a Shoot first knock down making 2 talent points useless. IF I do a shoot first knock down, I wont get to use a dirty kick or flash grenade. Yet it seems like everyone else can just throw a chain of ccs at me thus stunning me forever.

Much like the Vanilla WoW rogue this class has low consistency.

Kill someone in 5 seconds or get killed in 5 seconds.

Catch us out of stealth and the fight is yours, If we get you from stealth the fight is ours. In the grand scheme of things Yeah its awesome if I catch you alone, but its also terrible if all the ranged DPS group up together and decide to CC me like they should be as I come out of stealth.

Whats going to happen:

Much Like blizzard Bioware will nerf our burst and give our other moves more damage thus giving us more consistency, thus turning us into warriors.

or just plain nerf our burst and leave us hanging as a neglected class.

Many people will disagree with me but unless I'm stacked in high end gear and shooting up stims like a gym rat I'm just another fly waiting to be slapped away.

This has nothing to do with buffing a class, but what I notice is that you get kicked out of stealth a lot due to the AOE attacks from other players which have a longer range. This is sometimes not so funny, since you rely so much on stealth with this class.

And yes it is either you kill fast or you get killed quickly, thats correct.

Edited by BobaFurz

Yeah, and with no gap closers or knockbacks Scoundrels/Operatives have a tough time being useful in Huttball, when many of the classes have one or more of those things. The game isn't balanced around 1v1, but that's all people can think of when they consider how powerful Scoundrel/Operative burst is. Hopefully any balance changes made to the class are given consideration for at least a month with plenty of level 50 bracket and organized PvP taken into account, otherwise they could break the class and not even realize what they've done.

It's even more serious because it's the least played class on each side, and making it even less appealing than it already is to most players would be tragic.

Can you give some constructive criticism other than "3k 3k 3k 3k 3k dead" please? I made a logical valid argument and I have yet to hear a logical and valid response. BTW thats a lot of 3ks where you just apparently stood there and let it happen I assume?

Edited by aspectsofwar

your a ****en tard

actually your a tard and probably not even a 50. I'm a lvl 29 concealment operative and i can open on a level 10 and have them heal through my damage because i dont have hidden strike yet the class is absolutely useless until you get hidden strike and even at 50 if we don't kill our opponent within the initial burst which requires full consumables or really lucky crits we will lose the fight 9/10 times. Just because your getting rocked by a 50 your also probably a lowbie a nd theyre popping full consumables ontop of you having no pvp gear to defend yourself, once 50s are taken out of the bracket youll see how useless operatives are.

actually your a tard and probably not even a 50. I'm a lvl 29 concealment operative and i can open on a level 10 and have them heal through my damage because i dont have hidden strike yet the class is absolutely useless until you get hidden strike and even at 50 if we don't kill our opponent within the initial burst which requires full consumables or really lucky crits we will lose the fight 9/10 times. Just because your getting rocked by a 50 your also probably a lowbie a nd theyre popping full consumables ontop of you having no pvp gear to defend yourself, once 50s are taken out of the bracket youll see how useless operatives are.

Doesn't even deserve a response. Insulting and utterly wrong.

Just watch this and (I don't usually say this but) L2P.

You mean, learn to pop Adrenals and Relics during stealth right before your opener? Yeah I know how to do that and like I said in my original post, it should be nerfed. L2READ

Any class can pop consumables and destroy someone in seconds. Its clear it has great synergy with a Op/scoundrel opener and should be nerfed, but beyond that Operatives and Scoundrels are garbage at high level PvP.

Edited by aspectsofwar