Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR Corruption Loading Screen Crashing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
SWTOR Corruption Loading Screen Crashing

ezln
01.21.2012 , 12:22 PM | #21
Bump.

I have been having the issue since patch 1.1

I'm using 2x Nvidia 480 GTX in SLI.

SenatorPalpaTANG
01.21.2012 , 07:37 PM | #22
I mentioned in another thread, the only "work around" that seems to work is to alt-tab out as soon as one of those garbled loading screens shows up.

That prevents the driver crash/lock up, and then you can tab back in and play as usual. Not the solution I was hoping for, but it's better than nothing until this gets an official fix.
VIGILANCE Rancor Rider

ACiDxCHRiST
01.22.2012 , 07:05 AM | #23
This just started happening to me as well since the v1.1 patch. I was not experiencing this issue prior to that.

2x GTX 580 3GB SLI

Randomly, I will get a loading screen with graphical corruption during which time I experience a video driver fail and recovery. The game will continue to load and gameplay continues just fine. Anytime after this event has happened, if I try to quit the game or Alt-Tab, I experience a computer hard lock. No further response from Alt-Tab, no mouse cursor response, and no Ctrl-Alt-Del response. I have to hit the reset button on my computer or hold the power button for 5 seconds to force power-off.

chrisfoss
01.23.2012 , 05:51 AM | #24
Having the same issue also.

SLI GTX 580 classified - 955 - 1910 - 2106

So my card is OC just a bit and my voltages are tweaked up just a bit also.

I will load into something and get the distorted screen then my screen will go black ill hear my fans reset down to normal and my video cards will be reset to stock clocks. Sometimes windows wont recover and i have to restart.

Thought leaving my cards at stock would help but it doesn't.

synapz_
01.23.2012 , 06:10 AM | #25
I have the same problem also but it doesn't happen often if I stay on surface of a planet (not enter my ship) and/or not use Antialiasing. It happens quite a lot when I start doing space missions and if I do that AND have Antialiasing is turned on, it happens every two missions or so. Once I have had that and Windows recovers, I get random glitches on land too, sometimes it's almost like the card is broken, polygon blinking etc but it often goes away after a ALT-TAB´and if not, after a game restart.

I have a GTX590 non-overclocked.

SenatorPalpaTANG
01.23.2012 , 06:43 AM | #26
Monday morning bump!

I had this happen several times zoning from Ilum into warzones and back yesterday.
VIGILANCE Rancor Rider

Rekyo
01.24.2012 , 10:11 AM | #27
Same issue here. The loading screens are becoming corrupt and it's freezing my computer. Running an Nvidia GTX 590. This can't be good for my computer. All we can hope for is BW to respond thr they're working on it, or Nvidia posting new drivers that help performance to alleviate the other issues.

ezln
01.24.2012 , 12:52 PM | #28
I'd like to do another bump with an update.

While the alt+tab workaround seems to be fine for the loading screen corruption, I now get 'corruption' when playing but maybe half as often. When this happens alt+tab doesn't work and I have to hard reboot my machine.

Rogar
01.24.2012 , 08:27 PM | #29
Bump

Same issue loading screen glitches showing icons of abilities and items from the game instead of the planet or zones load screen, alt tabbing almost always results in a crash of my computer.

ACiDxCHRiST
01.26.2012 , 12:56 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by ACiDxCHRiST View Post
This just started happening to me as well since the v1.1 patch. I was not experiencing this issue prior to that.

2x GTX 580 3GB SLI

Randomly, I will get a loading screen with graphical corruption during which time I experience a video driver fail and recovery. The game will continue to load and gameplay continues just fine. Anytime after this event has happened, if I try to quit the game or Alt-Tab, I experience a computer hard lock. No further response from Alt-Tab, no mouse cursor response, and no Ctrl-Alt-Del response. I have to hit the reset button on my computer or hold the power button for 5 seconds to force power-off.
Ok, so I know that it has been mentioned before that disabling Anti-Aliasing will fix this issue, and I just want to confirm that disabling AA fixed this problem for me. With the v1.1 patch Anti-Aliasing was turned on automatically. I never went into the menu and enabled it.

Once I turned it off, this problem went away for me. So for anyone else that is using two cards in SLI and haven't checked their Anti-Aliasing setting, do that.