Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR Corruption Loading Screen Crashing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
SWTOR Corruption Loading Screen Crashing

Dekallo
01.13.2012 , 05:17 AM | #11
Same problem here, two eVGA 280 GTX in SLI. On the latest beta drivers now but it started doing this on the older drivers. CPU is a Q9450, modestly overclocked (but stable and cool).

Most of my loading screens were fine, EXCEPT for when I was zoning to my ship after being out on a planet which would cause the corruption to happen probably 90% of the time. Also it would randomly do it zoning to flashpoints or to other places.

It seemed to get worse and worse and worse and then I BSOD'd during one corrupted loading screen and since then it still happens but only like once every 2-3 days when it used to happen like 5+ times a day.

Remikk
01.14.2012 , 07:53 PM | #12
I am using 2 gtx465s in SLI and I have had the game crash to desktop or force a hard reboot several times.

However, I have found a temporary fix! When I see one of these loading screens pop up, I alt-tab as quickly as I can and then re-select the game in the taskbar. When the game comes back up, the proper loading screen has been there every time, and I haven't had a crash since.

Hope this helps!

arkhlongstride
01.19.2012 , 07:40 AM | #13
Same problem here.

I7 3930K
SLI GTX 570
ASUS Sabertooth x79
16gb ripjaws
SSD Intel x25m

Screen gets corrupted on loading screen whit sli enabled ( not always, just a good 70% of the times)
black screen, sometimes windows is able to recuperate the crash, sometimes the entire system is frozed.

Whit sli disabled everything (lol everything.. weak performance for an outated engine/graphics) but no crash.

Anyway im tired of force reboot my 1500 euros system, so im quitting the game. This kind of "bugs" should have been fixed weeks ago.

SenatorPalpaTANG
01.20.2012 , 10:18 AM | #14
Wow, glad to see it isn't only me. I was starting to think I might have to apply for an RMA on my 3 month old video cards.

I've begun to have this exact same problem since patch 1.1 deployed (never before) with SLI GTX 560 Ti cards. Sometimes it sorts itself out, other times it forces a TDR and resets my drivers (if it doesn't lock my system up altogether).

I tried adjusting my card voltages to improve stability, but it had no effect. Neither did downclocking, which leads me to believe it's not the hardware.

Any insight into what's causing this? It sounds like it might be an SLI issue.

Relevant specs:

i7 2600k
8GB DDR3 @1600MHz
2x MSI GTX 560 Ti in SLI
Win 7 x64, fully updated
Fantastically Furious, lololol

((=((==((:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: >

Naji
01.20.2012 , 10:34 AM | #15
Running 2x GTX580 (3gb DDR5 each) in SLI, same issue.
How ever, I did not have this issue until after the 01.19.2012 patch.
Sith Inquisitor - "a plea of innocence, is guilty of wasting my time."

SenatorPalpaTANG
01.20.2012 , 10:41 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Naji View Post
Running 2x GTX580 (3gb DDR5 each) in SLI, same issue.
How ever, I did not have this issue until after the 01.19.2012 patch.
Same here.

Really strange. But everyone reporting it seems to be running SLI or a dual gpu NV card. An official response would be greatly appreciated.
Fantastically Furious, lololol

((=((==((:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: >

Naji
01.20.2012 , 11:40 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by SenatorPalpaTANG View Post
Same here.

Really strange. But everyone reporting it seems to be running SLI or a dual gpu NV card. An official response would be greatly appreciated.
Also, an observation: From what I have read on these forums, seems most people who
have FPS issues have gfx cards with more than 1,5gb of ram on it.
And those who say they have no issues say in most cases they are running 400series or lower with 1,5gb or less.
Sith Inquisitor - "a plea of innocence, is guilty of wasting my time."

Lashlarue
01.20.2012 , 05:52 PM | #18
I'm running gtx 460 1gb super clocked in sli, and I can tell you with 100 percent certainty that it is AA. Turn it off and you won't have the locks anymore.
Jung Ma
Tyrsis (50 Sentinel) / Syris (50 Shadow) / Kallahan (45 Gunslinger)
Tyye (50 Marauder) / Vaun (25 Sniper) / Tirinis (28 Assassin)

Slowne
01.20.2012 , 06:36 PM | #19
Just started to see this with the latest patch as well.

Leaving a WZ loading into Ilum and the loading screen was corrupted. The game did recover but after quitting the game windows was locked and I had to do a hard reset.

Windows 7 64bit
GTX460 x2

I have noticed a increase in fan noise since the patch and enabling AA, I was not forcing it before.

I will try disabling AA and see if I come across it again.
Fan of Staggered EGA

GKTiber
01.21.2012 , 01:23 AM | #20
Same thing here, new patch is just beating up my vid cards. One rig has a single 560 and the other has two in SLI.

The SLI was working fine for awhile after 1.1...

Now it won't play at all.

Full Story here
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=212892