Why Didn't Bioware Innovate Anything in SW:TOR - ESPECIALLY in the End-game?

Xugos

I honestly can NOT name 1 thing in the entire game, nevermind the end-game, that Bioware innovated in. Sure, it voiced-over its quests, but that's not innovation. That's simply a quality of life measure for those of us who dislike reading.

Choices in actual quests generally don't matter either. It's a Hobson's choice. You have two choices in reality: accept the quest or decline. Everything else is irrelevant and inconsequential. They've just added in a volume of insignificant dialogue that merely adds tedium to accepting a quest, so much so that many of us feel compelled to bash our spacebar when in the process of accepting a quest.

Borrowed from Mwave, but credit goes to him for this brilliant observation of his/her:

< Basically >

Rupture = Rend

Crippling Slash = Hamstring

Smash = Thunderclap

Vicious Slash = Heroic Strike

Force Charge = Charge

Choke = Throw-down

Ravage = Slam

Disruption = Pummel

Deadly Throw = Heroic Throw

Cloak of Pain = Shield Wall

Basically a carbon copy of corresponding spells from "Arms Warrior" in, "World of Warcraft" showing me a lack of innovation and original ideas from the developers of Sith Marauders.

Further proof that this is just a WoW clone. Bioware has essentially copied WoW's classes, but it made colossal errors along the way.

So, in reality, Bioware has really not innovated anything all. This is just another WoW clone dressed up as something that it's not.

If any of you disagree, I challenge you to name me ONE THING that Bioware innovated upon. One. Single. Thing.

Edited by Ellvaan
Inappropriate Content (Covered under previous warning)

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If any of you disagree, I challenge you to name me ONE THING that Bioware innovated upon. One. Single. Thing.

Cinematics! Oh ****! I forgot Uldum. :/

Voice acting! Oh ****! I forgot Wrath Gate + Uldum :/

1 shot mechanics without a combat log? Does that count.

They're lazy.

That's a given, but why make a game and spend so much money on it if you're "lazy?"

This game is essentially a WORSE version of WoW.

It's combat is horrible, it has no end-game content, its world is fulling of loading screens and linear, and there's no replay value.

That's a given, but why make a game and spend so much money on it if you're "lazy?"

It's combat is horrible, it has no end-game content, its world is fulling of loading screens and linear, and there's no replay value.

Exactly! I 100% agree! I've already cancelled my subscription and uninstalled this game. I recommend you do the same.

Exactly! I 100% agree! I've already cancelled my subscription and uninstalled this game. I recommend you do the same.

My subscription is on the line. There is a very high chance that I will be unsubscribing in the coming week unless something is done to either communicate with the community regarding TONS of issues, ranging from the GTN to raiding to PvP, or until actual changes are implemented.

I don't care about emoting on a mount. I WANT MEANINGFUL CHANGES.

I'm still waiting for a battlefield were us PvP noobs can have a go at eachother every evening 8pm CET or something, and benefit from the victory with a small stat or token bonus etc.

Warzones are starting to get boring and open world PvP is non-existing.

My subscription is on the line. There is a very high chance that I will be unsubscribing in the coming week unless something is done to either communicate with the community regarding TONS of issues, ranging from the GTN to raiding to PvP, or until actual changes are implemented.

This is what I would do. Cancel your subscription FOR NOW. In a month or 2, when patches start fixing the game a bit, then you can start to consider coming back to it.

Check the patch notes for what they're fixing on Tuesday. They're testing it on the public test server now. Fixing plenty of things, INCLUDING A 50 BRACKET FOR PVP.

This is what I would do. Cancel your subscription FOR NOW. In a month or 2, when patches start fixing the game a bit, then you can start to consider coming back to it.

That may be what I do, but I doubt much will be done.

By the way, you do realize WoW hasn't innovated -anything- in the MMO market other than destroying the nature of MMO's by handing everything to people on a platter and not requiring them to work for it?

EVERYTHING WoW has was taken from other games in the genre. I do not fault them for that -- it's a genre.

I don't fault SW:TOR either. Neither should you. If you dislike the very different immersion/linear storyline experience of SW:TOR, don't play it. Stop trying to get everyone else to swallow your opinions. We're not going to. Ever.

I remember people like you from Warhammer, being pompous and telling being to go ahead and unsub and how "Warhammer will never die."

Well, look what's happened there now. Warhammer fell for the same reasons as this game is: its developers and a vocal minority of community members ridiculed the activist members of the community that promoted changes and improvement.

Whether the game dies or not is irrelevant. The question is why are you posting on a forum for a game you hate and don't play? Go do something you enjoy.

By the way, you do realize WoW hasn't innovated -anything- in the MMO market other than destroying the nature of MMO's by handing everything to people on a platter and not requiring them to work for it?

EVERYTHING WoW has was taken from other games in the genre. I do not fault them for that -- it's a genre.

I don't fault SW:TOR either. Neither should you. If you dislike the very different immersion/linear storyline experience of SW:TOR, don't play it. Stop trying to get everyone else to swallow your opinions. We're not going to. Ever.

What are you talking about? Yes, they copied SOME things from previous MMO's. But 99% of the things in WoW are very original. And let's face it, without WoW, SWTOR would NEVER have existed.

We're not talking about WoW. We're talking about SW:TOR. The strategy of diverting attention from SW:TOR's faults is petty and futile.

Whether the game dies or not is irrelevant. The question is why are you posting on a forum for a game you hate and don't play? Go do something you enjoy.

Direct me to the post in which I claimed to "hate SW:TOR."

I want this game to succeed, which is my criticisms are, and have been before launch, unrelenting.

I remember people like you from Warhammer, being pompous and telling being to go ahead and unsub and how "Warhammer will never die."

Well, look what's happened there now. Warhammer fell for the same reasons as this game is: its developers and a vocal minority of community members ridiculed the activist members of the community that promoted changes and improvement.

Same thing in every MMO. It's pretty funny to see how even the diehard fanboys that sit around and defend the game now will eventually turn on the company after its 3+ years down the line and the game still failed to deliver anything it promised.

AoC is the best example ever. Literally everyone hates Funcom. You won't find ANYONE on the forums there that will recommend you come back and play the game. It's insane. They keep playing because it offers whatever alternative to WoW they wanted in the first place, but they loathe the fact that Blizzard didn't make the type of MMO they wanted instead of WoW.

God communities these days

The community pushed for a Christmas release it came one month earlier than it was supposed that time is usually the time when they fix up the game and now there pushing out multiple patches per week and your still not happy freaking hippocryts

The community didn't push for a Christmas release, EA did, and Bioware probably approved of it because it would've guaranteed the most up-front sales.

And I remember people like you from every other MMO I've ever played. You whine instead of reading. You talk about how Bioware doesn't communicate, as opposed to checking the dozens of Q/A's, Dev articles, Tweets and Blogs that answer and respond to almost every issue facing the game. What you really want is your hand held, and a special memo sent to you.

You won't get it. From Bioware or anyone else. You talk about a lack of innovation in a genre that stole 100% of its mechanics from table-top roleplaying games. WoW has not innovated a damned thing other than stuff like welfare epics and cross-realm dungeon and now raid finders -- features which drove longtime fans of the game away, and is causing them to lose a further tens of thousands of subs a month. Great innovation!

Just -stop-. If you don't like the game, unsub. I personally -enjoy- the long combat animations, the fully voiced and animated quest givers, the cut scenes, the linear class story. So do many others. We aren't trying to tell you to like something you clearly do not, so stop trying to push your unwanted opinion down our throats. You aren't special and we don't care what you have to say. You aren't qualified to rate a game of Chutes and Ladders, let alone a multi-million dollar MMO project.

We're not talking about WoW. We're talking about SW:TOR. The strategy of diverting attention from SW:TOR's faults is petty and futile.

You said we're not talking about WoW, but I see you posted this...

What the person you originally quoted said is correct.

You said we're not talking about WoW, but I see you posted this...

No, that was a comparison of SW:TOR to WoW, which is the only reason why WoW was mentioned there: because it was relevant to SW:TOR.

We are NOT having a discussion centered on WoW and its alleged shortcomings.

And I remember people like you from every other MMO I've ever played. You whine instead of reading. You talk about how Bioware doesn't communicate, as opposed to checking the dozens of Q/A's, Dev articles, Tweets and Blogs that answer and respond to almost every issue facing the game. What you really want is your hand held, and a special memo sent to you.

You won't get it. From Bioware or anyone else. You talk about a lack of innovation in a genre that stole 100% of its mechanics from table-top roleplaying games. WoW has not innovated a damned thing other than stuff like welfare epics and cross-realm dungeon and now raid finders -- features which drove longtime fans of the game away, and is causing them to lose a further tens of thousands of subs a month. Great innovation!

Just -stop-. If you don't like the game, unsub. I personally -enjoy- the long combat animations, the fully voiced and animated quest givers, the cut scenes, the linear class story. So do many others. We aren't trying to tell you to like something you clearly do not, so stop trying to push your unwanted opinion down our throats. You aren't special and we don't care what you have to say. You aren't qualified to rate a game of Chutes and Ladders, let alone a multi-million dollar MMO project.

This.