Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why does Mako suck?

01.08.2012 , 01:47 AM | #21
there's always the chance that Mako just isn't stanced. The game does a real bad job of remembering whether or not your companions are in the appropriate stance as you file through them on your daily routine. And give her cunning gear!

There's also always the chance that your companion is just woefully undergeared. you don't always get the chance to get them implants, ear pieces, or helmets, and its worth realizing this. dumping a couple credits into filling empty slots is well worth making your companion perform.

Granted, if you're a mercenary, you pretty much need Mako up until you get one of the tanky companions, because you're going to be eating a lot of hate and you have to get the survival in there somewhere, even if its just Mako pumping green healing lasers into the holes everyone is shooting into your face.

If you're a powertech though, you are doing yourself a serious disservice if you're still using Mako late in the game. As long as you're hitting your Quells, you shouldn't have any trouble surviving any fight in the galaxy, it simply becomes a matter of how fast you want everything to die.

Gault is pretty much the best thing to ever happen to powertechs. He's practically a force of nature. He'll kill everything before you even have a chance to worry about whether or not you should have had Mako out slapping bandaids on you, and he comes with an AOE dot that will trigger your Railshot, so you can open on it with impunity without having to set it up by wrist-blading or popping your gas cylinder.

Torian should be equally hitty, but he has one serious flaw- its very difficult to upgrade his weapons, as he uses an electrostaff- an item that generally isn't itemized for Aim, Torians base stat. Gault is pretty easy to keep on the top shelf- just save your commendations and hit all your bonus quests on every world that has weapon upgrades, and keep a shiny custom rifle up to standard on him, and he'll blow holes in everything that crosses his path.
TK-421, the fragrance for men.
"Because it was a boring conversation anyways."

01.08.2012 , 01:48 AM | #22
IMO she's a great companion if you gear her right.
Kom'rk tsad droten troch nyn ures adenn dha werda verda a'den tratu.
They were the wrath of the warrior's shadow and the gauntlet of the Republic.

01.08.2012 , 02:16 AM | #23
Mako - best friend of shield tech, if geared properly of course, you can kill almost anything killable without getting a sweat, really good companion for lazy style of play. Gault and Torian is nice to, but they demands more concentration on combat. It's a shame that Blizz is almost useless for tanks, he is so cute
"This is a war universe. War all the time. That is its nature. There may be other universes based on all sorts of other principles, but ours seems to be based on war and games."

01.08.2012 , 04:47 AM | #24
I find her heals really arent all that great, but maybe its because I dont know what gear to give her (willpower?). She gets a stun ability at some point, which makes her a lot better. I find that when I need to take down an enemy quick, Gault does a much better job of dishing out damage.

01.08.2012 , 04:52 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by DOLZero View Post
She gets a stun ability at some point, which makes her a lot better.
I hate that stun. Or rather, I hate that Mako doesn't remember that I don't want her stunning every melee mob in sight. I want to stack up the mob groups for aoe, not keep someone 30 meters away.

Why does Mako's stun always revert back to autocast?

As PT after level 40 Mako is the only companion I've used. What you gain in kill speed using the other companions, you lose by having to rest your hp back.

01.08.2012 , 04:57 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by DOLZero View Post
I find her heals really arent all that great, but maybe its because I dont know what gear to give her (willpower?).
She uses cunning, not willpower. If you haven't been giving her mostly cunning gear, that could certainly be the problem. Generally, whatever stats they give you on your companion's equipment are the ones you should use. One is always endurance, which is on everything, but the other varies. They never try to trick you with it, just see what they have equipped and go with that.

01.08.2012 , 06:16 AM | #27
Sounds like the OP is not doing something right. Mako is BY FAR the best companion for any BH other than a Bodyguard merc. I use Blizz on my Bodyguard. Mako is best for EVERY other spec if she's geared properly.

When I say "geared properly" I dont mean you have her in quest greens...You should have your top companion in full oranges with fully upgraded mods by level 40. Anyone with full quest greens on either themselves or their companion at level 40+ is doing it wrong.

01.08.2012 , 06:54 AM | #28
Tbh I've found Mako was awful until I realised her primary stat was cunning and I started gearing her with every bit of cunning armour I could find... now she heals like a boss.

The stunning thing is useful but maybe 2/10 she seems to stun the target I'm hitting which is pretty useless!

I've found that I hardly ever drop below 75% in elite/boss fights 1on1 with mako healing me, for those horrible moments I've always got medpacks, Kolto overload and that HoT if your companion is present with a 20 min cooldown (forget the name!)...

OP: Stick with her, she is by far the most useful one! You don't get any other companions who are better healers so defo worth perservering with.

01.08.2012 , 06:56 AM | #29
I have used Mako since i got her. She heals like a BOSS. I can easly solo 2-3 strong without dying and the same with an Elite, as a lvl 44.
As the above poster says, Get her alot of cunning and she's awesome

01.08.2012 , 07:13 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by BBriggs View Post
Mako barley heals and does almost no damage. I really hate that shes my only option at the moment to have out as my companion. Does she get any better? Or will I continue to die everytime I fight a mob higher level than me?

I think the question is. Why do you suck more than a bunch of bytes on a screen. Mako works just fine. You are the broken part of this equation.
|_____/ (O)|ŻŻŻŻŻ|___/ŻŻ |--======--|ŻŻŻ