Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is this "THE" best armor in the game?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Is this "THE" best armor in the game?

ZNICK
01.07.2012 , 08:06 PM | #1
Although I LOVE PvP and spend more time fighting others than questing, my guild is typically not a heavy pvp guild. We're more social and laid back, although many players are more hardcore and we'll do all the end game the game can offer...

My question is about armor. Most of our members have started to PvP for the armor, even though I know it's not what they prefer to do... they'd rather be doing end-game Flashpoints, etc.. It's because the consensus so far is that the pvp sets are the best armor/gear in the game.

Is this true? If so, I know I'd have heard the screams of "how unfair", "forced pvp", etc..

Are there also PvE "sets" that are as good? Most games offer similar gear rewarded for doing missions or "raiding" but with some other stat in place of the pvp attribute.

Is the orange gear loaded with your own mods better than the pre-loaded pvp gear?

I guess I'm asking "must you pvp to get the BEST armor in the game, or can you get it other ways that are more fun for people who don't want to grind warfronts?"

Z
You don't stop playing games when you get old... you get old when you stop playing games!

ckoneful
01.07.2012 , 08:07 PM | #2
You can just do flashpoints. The Hardmode Flashpoint/Normal mode raid gear is onpar with the pvp gear, if not better in some cases, you get access to before like rank 60.

ZNICK
01.07.2012 , 08:12 PM | #3
Is there somewhere the list of equipment can be seen? Do you get "points" for doing them that are spendable, or is it all random drops?

If random, I would think this would make pvp forced, because you can at least choose your own gear. Relying on boss and raid drops is way too random and you may never get a set...

Z
You don't stop playing games when you get old... you get old when you stop playing games!

ckoneful
01.07.2012 , 08:27 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by ZNICK View Post
Is there somewhere the list of equipment can be seen? Do you get "points" for doing them that are spendable, or is it all random drops?

If random, I would think this would make pvp forced, because you can at least choose your own gear. Relying on boss and raid drops is way too random and you may never get a set...

Z
You can buy both with tokens.(PvP with pvp tokens, PvE with PvE tokens/crystals) Go look at the fleet, Tionese stuff is the normal raid/hard mode flashpoint stuff in the "Supples" section and the pvp gear that costs tokens is the basic, while the step up set costs gear tokens you get randomly from bags.