Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide] Juggernaut Guide to PVP, PVE, Leveling - Updated for 1.2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sith Warrior > Juggernaut
[Guide] Juggernaut Guide to PVP, PVE, Leveling - Updated for 1.2

WEMP
01.08.2012 , 08:54 AM | #21
just a few posts above I ask a very similar question, similar level
╬╬╬╬|Ξᛝ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

Mongo
01.08.2012 , 08:59 AM | #22
From the perspective of having leveled a marauder up I would say going heavy dps build while you level is fine. Buy Quinn a set of the 20/40 PVP gear and dps to your hearts content, you should have a much easier time of it than I did on Marauder.

Sookster
01.08.2012 , 10:13 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Mavrith View Post
I'm currently level Twenty-Five and I have been leveling as Immortal. Would switching to Vengeance or even Rage be a good idea at my level to help speed up the leveling process?

If so what would my build look like as each? I do pvp a fair bit since I love it. So I guess I would like one that lets me solo and quest a lot still but I can jump into pvp and still be effective.
I'd say stay as immortal, use the correct companion for certain mobs, such as Quinn against Sand people and Vette against Exchange, etc. and stay in soresu form. Add more strength than endurance in mod pieces until after level 30 then you can start evening up both.

I haven't found levelling slow, I was often +2 levels above quests I do, then again I do EVERYTHING on each planet (except heroics after Dromund Kas) and occasionally flashpoints- hell in ~3 hours I gained 2 levels even past level 30.

And of course, park yourself in a cantina or ship when not playing, rested xp helps big time.
Now that GoergZoeller is gone, buff operative.
SWTOR going F2P, now playing SWGemu.

Powerhowse
01.08.2012 , 11:50 AM | #24
I would argue that before 30, going into the immortal tree and picking up the enraged sunder then dumping the rest into the vengeance tree is also a viable build. Once I did that along with picking up the shien form I have almost no rage generation problems at all. As I can at least get off a vicious slash everytime I use sunder assault.

It was my personally opinion that rage generation was the biggest problem with vengeance dps vs a marauder build. After 30 you could either respec and pick up impale or just wait 2 more lvls for it.

Morsexy
01.08.2012 , 11:55 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Mavrith View Post
I'm currently level Twenty-Five and I have been leveling as Immortal. Would switching to Vengeance or even Rage be a good idea at my level to help speed up the leveling process?

If so what would my build look like as each? I do pvp a fair bit since I love it. So I guess I would like one that lets me solo and quest a lot still but I can jump into pvp and still be effective.
In all honesty I did not level as rage at these levels, and without force crush ( the 31 pt talent) the build isn't bad, just isnt as versatile or quick to use. You do have force choke so Rage would work ok.

However, IF you have spent sometime gearing a companion, your downtime may seem higher, however I'd suspect that you average downtime is quite good given you could kill an elite + 1 with CD's chained as immortal spec ( once you get there ). And for easy groups it would be quite low.

That said Rage vs 3-4 normals, or 2-3 normals + a strong is unbelievably strong, but only really starting at 28, and personally I'd hold off on doing that until at least 37.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#101ZZG0RrdbRdG.1

I will say that for our class quest, at one point that I don't want to spoil, seemed impossible given how we build ourselves (companion DPS or Heals).

Quote: Originally Posted by WEMP View Post
thank you so much for this guide ♥♥♥

My one question is currently I am level 21 vengeance spec, but a few levels ago absolutely fell in love with pvp. The thing is I still want to pve level the main storyline/do some side quests.

Will rage make doing pve really hard?? what would be the best thing if I want to do tons of both pvp and pve

thanks again
If you do both, thats a bit tough as I sort of didn't like PVP when I was leveling, mostly because it felt inefficient. I knew I'd like PVP at 50, but I didnt do much. However now, I'd guess that vengenace might be best, as the utility you pick up for PVP and PVE leveling is great for both.

However this is just a guess, someone else should chime in who knows more having done it more.

Kyuubil
01.08.2012 , 04:12 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by WNxOmnicide View Post
Think im gonna respec for rage right now... it just seems counter intuitive to me... wouldnt a marauder do it just as well if not better than us?

Im lvl 47, just tried vengeance but have been all immortal since level 20 or so
Nope.jpg.

Single saber mastery = 6% more damage comes out to -1% from 5 stacks of juyo form (.. if that's what they're using) then decimate, which is a whopping 30% damage boost ofr force sweep, which .. yea,.

Hustletron
01.08.2012 , 04:34 PM | #27
While this is a good thread, there are quite a few at this point and not nearly as many on actual level 50 tanking gear pre hard mode/pre ops etc etc.

Personally, I feel I'm pretty well geared for Hard modes as I've tanked quite a few but occasionally will get some pubstar healers claiming they are having trouble healing hard modes because some of my gear is "level 49" even though I have 26% shield chance, 25% absorb, 14570 hp unbuffed, and 25% defense chance and 102% accuracy.

On the flip side I run Hard modes with my normal group of buddies and never have issues.

The Modding isnt as much a problem as finding Ear pieces, bracers, belts, shield generators, etc etc., basically the stuff that doesn't usually have mods and that can't be upgraded by replacing the existing mods as you find better ones.

Regardless this thread is full of great info for leveling and aspiring tanks!
That's no moon, it's a space station!

Hustletron - 50 Juggernaut - Belgoth's Beacon

Morsexy
01.08.2012 , 05:29 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Hustletron View Post
While this is a good thread, there are quite a few at this point and not nearly as many on actual level 50 tanking gear pre hard mode/pre ops etc etc.

Personally, I feel I'm pretty well geared for Hard modes as I've tanked quite a few but occasionally will get some pubstar healers claiming they are having trouble healing hard modes because some of my gear is "level 49" even though I have 26% shield chance, 25% absorb, 14570 hp unbuffed, and 25% defense chance and 102% accuracy.

On the flip side I run Hard modes with my normal group of buddies and never have issues.

The Modding isnt as much a problem as finding Ear pieces, bracers, belts, shield generators, etc etc., basically the stuff that doesn't usually have mods and that can't be upgraded by replacing the existing mods as you find better ones.

Regardless this thread is full of great info for leveling and aspiring tanks!
Thanks! I went artifice, has a great blue quality and then purple quality shield generator. In all honesty doing the PVP weekly\dailies for Warzones and Ilum is the best way to get 2-4 pieces of gear without much effort that will help your gearing issues (avoiding back luck on double pieces hopefully) quite a bit.

One thing I notice when I've run a pug, is people assist the tank a lot, which is good... except in this game they sort of expect the dps to go off and solo the normals in heroic flashpoints while the tank holds the elite\ 2 strongs on him. If they dont kill those normals the tank gets DESTROYED.

This can be a very subtle yet key distinction on the perception of 'great' or 'crappy' tanks.

Morsexy
01.09.2012 , 12:20 AM | #29
If there are any sections people want me to add, let me know! And if you liked the thread, please sticky.

WEMP
01.09.2012 , 08:26 AM | #30
Maybe it's the same or very close to a different spec but Rage rotation? I am only 21 right now, but knowing what I am working my way to rotation wise would be awesome!
╬╬╬╬|Ξᛝ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇