Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide] Juggernaut Guide to PVP, PVE, Leveling - Updated for 1.2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sith Warrior > Juggernaut
[Guide] Juggernaut Guide to PVP, PVE, Leveling - Updated for 1.2

Lord_Rezo
01.07.2012 , 11:36 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
I'm also only doing about 1.3k in PVE with my smash, this is with shockwave, I forget how much PvP, what can I do to max this out? Or do I need to get higher level first?
I suggest you this "little rotation" (may be different in other situations).

Saber Throw -> Force Charge -> Force Choke -> Sundering Strike -> Smash.

All have to be done in order to:

1) Saber Throw + Sundering Strike if well spec will stack 3-4 times so it will be around 12-16% less armor on the target.
2) Saber Throw is used prior Force Jump as its range ability, inteded to generate rage with Force Charge in order to use Force Crush (top tier talent).
3) Force Choke/Force Crush will trigger 4 chargers of Shockwave.
4) If you do the Smash in 14 seconds after Force Charge it will be 100% critical (if well spec).

So a 1300 hit against someone with 30% armor reduction will be around 2k normal and 3,5k crit.

Also on PvP don forget this. If you have more than one target, you can do this (with Force Crush and not Force Choke), and then just Obliterate someone else, Sundering Strike him, Force Choke him, Sundering Strike again and then Smash for another good amount of damage in less than 20 more seconds.
Peace is a lie. There is only passion.

Quote: Originally Posted by Goalan
The world is what you make of it. If you break down real life it can be just a grind too. Or you could go through life and enjoy the journey, and beauty of it all.

Morsexy
01.07.2012 , 11:39 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by WNxOmnicide View Post
Think im gonna respec for rage right now... it just seems counter intuitive to me... wouldnt a marauder do it just as well if not better than us?

Im lvl 47, just tried vengeance but have been all immortal since level 20 or so
I agree with Kabaal, and I know that a big piece for me when I encounter them is force push, which is basically a new opener when I want it for the Rage bonus + 4 piece bonus ( 10% damage bonus for 5 seconds after force Leap\Charge).

Morsexy
01.08.2012 , 12:08 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
awesome, thanks for the post! I switched from Vengeance tree to Rage at 30 (before reading this) so may have jumped the gun...but not rly regretting it! Can you include an order of how to go up the skill tree? At 36 now and have 6pts in Vengeance alrdy, think that's delaying my force crush by a bit, is it worth a respec?

I'm also only doing about 1.3k in PVE with my smash, this is with shockwave, I forget how much PvP, what can I do to max this out? Or do I need to get higher level first?
Thanks!

Personally I would say yes, because Force Crush is an 18 second CD, which is beneficial all the time and it does great damage.

The entire point of the tree is around Force Crush giving you mobile Shockwave stacks, into a smash crit.

This is where I would be at your level as this spec.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#101ZZGMRddbRbr.1

Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Rezo View Post
I suggest you this "little rotation" (may be different in other situations).

Saber Throw -> Force Charge -> Force Choke -> Sundering Strike -> Smash.

All have to be done in order to:

1) Saber Throw + Sundering Strike if well spec will stack 3-4 times so it will be around 12-16% less armor on the target.
2) Saber Throw is used prior Force Jump as its range ability, inteded to generate rage with Force Charge in order to use Force Crush (top tier talent).
3) Force Choke/Force Crush will trigger 4 chargers of Shockwave.
4) If you do the Smash in 14 seconds after Force Charge it will be 100% critical (if well spec).

So a 1300 hit against someone with 30% armor reduction will be around 2k normal and 3,5k crit.

Also on PvP don forget this. If you have more than one target, you can do this (with Force Crush and not Force Choke), and then just Obliterate someone else, Sundering Strike him, Force Choke him, Sundering Strike again and then Smash for another good amount of damage in less than 20 more seconds.
This is all a very good point. I forgot I was experimenting with my build a bit, and you usually want 2\2 in saber throw to help with your damage. That + 2\2 in improved sundering assault gives you 4 stacks without any trouble.

The only way I would 'disagree' is that you might want to try saber throw - > enrage -> force crush running to them -> sundering assault - > force push - > charge (if 4 piece bonus, otherwise as above ) smash for big damage.

Morsexy
01.08.2012 , 01:43 AM | #14
I also wanted to make sure it was clear that sunder stacks do NOT affect smash damage in any meaningful way.

This could be a bug.

Maybe they are supposed to... but my smash damage on a target, same target with zero sunders 5 tests, did the same damage. 5 Sunders damage increased ~50 damage on a 3400 crit.

each sunder up to 4 in terms of his kinetic damage reduction.

19.95 - 18.83 - 17.9 - >17.3

This is the reduction in armor % mitigation for a marauder at 50.

His Smash hits for ~500 normal--

With his self 100% arp buff it hits for ~750ish.

Obviously 100% arp is different then 20% on targets that have very little armor value, but something to consider.

Lord_Rezo
01.08.2012 , 06:23 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Morsexy View Post
The only way I would 'disagree' is that you might want to try saber throw - > enrage -> force crush running to them -> sundering assault - > force push - > charge (if 4 piece bonus, otherwise as above ) smash for big damage.
Well, i noticed that you can make enough rage with Saber Throw -> Sundering Strike -> Running away while throwing Force Crush (as most people start running to kitte us when they see us) -> Force Charge and Smash :P.

But that would be with the PvP 4 pieces :P.

The world is what you make of it. If you break down real life it can be just a grind too. Or you could go through life and enjoy the journey, and beauty of it all.

WEMP
01.08.2012 , 06:34 AM | #16
thank you so much for this guide ♥♥♥

My one question is currently I am level 21 vengeance spec, but a few levels ago absolutely fell in love with pvp. The thing is I still want to pve level the main storyline/do some side quests.

Will rage make doing pve really hard?? what would be the best thing if I want to do tons of both pvp and pve

thanks again
╬╬╬╬|Ξᛝ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

Lord_Rezo
01.08.2012 , 06:35 AM | #17
In PvE you are usefull (as Rage) on Hard Modes because with you the pulls are made easy (Smash is AoE big damage, and you can even kill all weak mobs from a pull in one Smash).

WEMP
01.08.2012 , 07:56 AM | #18
It's hard to pick how to spec just because there are people saying each spec sucks lol
╬╬╬╬|Ξᛝ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

Lord_Rezo
01.08.2012 , 08:27 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by WEMP View Post
It's hard to pick how to spec just because there are people saying each spec sucks lol
My best one as Rage: -> CLICK HERE <-

It was a crazy warzone, we were about to lose because we had only 4 people on the group and i went on a frenzy rampage killing every republic guy i saw xD.

Mavrith
01.08.2012 , 08:44 AM | #20
I'm currently level Twenty-Five and I have been leveling as Immortal. Would switching to Vengeance or even Rage be a good idea at my level to help speed up the leveling process?

If so what would my build look like as each? I do pvp a fair bit since I love it. So I guess I would like one that lets me solo and quest a lot still but I can jump into pvp and still be effective.