Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Where is FixLauncher.exe

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Liku
01.07.2012 , 05:10 PM | #1
I tried searching everywhere even

C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic

on a windows 7 (64bit).

harleyspringer
01.07.2012 , 05:41 PM | #2
Look here....

Should be under the x86 part...program files x86
Electonic arts, Bioware, Star Wars The Old Republic
Then you should see the swtor launcher and fix launcher icon.
Click or double click the fix launcher.
If that does not work...or you dont have it ...you can download
the launcher at the site and reinstall it..

Hopefully, this helps..
Good luck..

Axolipher
01.07.2012 , 05:46 PM | #3 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings Liku,

You should be able to find the fixlauncher.exe program if you navigate to your "Star Wars - The Old Republic" directory. The default location of this is:
Windows 64 Bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare
If this file does not exist in your swtor directory then you will need to reinstall the launcher client from here.

Axolipher | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

harleyspringer
01.07.2012 , 05:51 PM | #4
When you try to run the Launcher(and it appears in the Task Manager but not on screen) please go to this location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic

Here, you should find a folder called 'Patch', please delete this.

Please also ensure that your Java is up to date.

Once this is complete, please run FixLauncher.exe(also in the above location), then please try to start the Launcher again.

Found this in another post.....

phillyd
01.10.2012 , 04:55 PM | #5
i dont have a folder named patch. however a patch folder pops up there whil eit is patching

Shaylana
01.24.2012 , 02:35 PM | #6
I have installed the game at least four different times, and I never get the launcher fix application. The download from the post above is a self extracting programs that extracts to C:\. I do not use my C: drive, this is not where Windows is, nor is it where the game is installed.

It is inexusable to not get all of the basic installation files in four or more installs.

These are the errors that I get when trying to extract the launcher fix app:

Pop Up box that says: 'Some of the installation files are corrupt. Please download a fresh copy and retry the installation' --been there, done that, and it is pointless because it is installing in the incorrect location

Underneath the popup box above, is the installation window which has the following three lines:

1) Extracting files to C:\Users\...blah blah - wrong drive
2) CRC failed in swtor.rar
3) Unexpected end of archive

Hmm, so how do I get a complete installation if the installation from the disks I paid good money for does not give me all of the files and your fix has decided for me where it wants to install?

Shellos_
01.24.2012 , 04:25 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Shaylana View Post
I have installed the game at least four different times, and I never get the launcher fix application. The download from the post above is a self extracting programs that extracts to C:\. I do not use my C: drive, this is not where Windows is, nor is it where the game is installed.

It is inexusable to not get all of the basic installation files in four or more installs.

These are the errors that I get when trying to extract the launcher fix app:

Pop Up box that says: 'Some of the installation files are corrupt. Please download a fresh copy and retry the installation' --been there, done that, and it is pointless because it is installing in the incorrect location

Underneath the popup box above, is the installation window which has the following three lines:

1) Extracting files to C:\Users\...blah blah - wrong drive
2) CRC failed in swtor.rar
3) Unexpected end of archive

Hmm, so how do I get a complete installation if the installation from the disks I paid good money for does not give me all of the files and your fix has decided for me where it wants to install?
I completely agree with you, however i do use my C/ drive i have had issues with the launcher since i first got the game. I tried to the fixlancher.exe the first time it messed up (which always seems to happen after an update) and it doesnt fix the launcher at all. The message that keeps popping up is 'Unable to find patch notes' Or something like that, should have gotten the full deatails but im trying to install it once again and hope i get the fixlauncher.exe im hoping for the yellow text to come back and try to help us again, since it didnt help last time, you would have thought someone as big as bioware wouldnt mess people around like this. Their customer services are international for me and when i ring it costs a lot of money. Which i dont have

Shaylana
01.24.2012 , 07:10 PM | #8
Okay, so I installed the game onto my ratty old laptop which hasn't been updated in ages, and not only did it install, it is currently dling patch since it let me login. The laptop is running Vista. My gaming computer is running Windows 7 (64-bit).

Since I have a clean install on the laptop, I am going to fiddle one more time and try moving files. The laptop should be unable to play this game, and my desktop was built to play a game like this. Go figure.

There is a closed post at http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...?t=795&page=96 that talks about doing this. I will let you know.

I have been playing WoW for about 5 years, and it is wonderful, but this game looks like a great game to play when I am bored in WoW. I am excited about the great potential of this game so I will give it another shot and some more time since it did start on the old clunker and I found the closed post listed above.

I expected bugs, but they made all of the requirements way too picky it seems, especially for an MMORPG.

MORE: Okay, so now I have a full install on the clunker, and the full patch. <Sigh>, now I am going to go search the old Blizz Forums to see if they EVER released their 32-bit WoW without knowing that many gamers were sitting in a 64 bit environment, and having game support. They currently have an options window that pops up if the game won't open, that says run in 32 bit, I check it once, I'm good. Their Launcher also checks your system to see if you are missing any game files, and pushes them to you if you are. What a concept.

PS: A 32 bit game will not run on a 64 bit platform, and vice versa, however, it should install. One is an apple, the other an orange. I am confused about which the game is, since I do not see any support one way or the other in the differences. I think tweeks are mandatory on this one, and they should have been ready for this with support? I assume it is a 32 bit game, since the old clunker is a 32 bit environment?

Shaylana
01.24.2012 , 07:31 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Shellos_ View Post
I completely agree with you, however i do use my C/ drive i have had issues with the launcher since i first got the game. I tried to the fixlancher.exe the first time it messed up (which always seems to happen after an update) and it doesnt fix the launcher at all. The message that keeps popping up is 'Unable to find patch notes' Or something like that, should have gotten the full deatails but im trying to install it once again and hope i get the fixlauncher.exe im hoping for the yellow text to come back and try to help us again, since it didnt help last time, you would have thought someone as big as bioware wouldnt mess people around like this. Their customer services are international for me and when i ring it costs a lot of money. Which i dont have
I haven't been able to find anything on your issue, but I have marked the page in case I run across something. 'Unable to find patch notes' is the error I get in WoW if I switch my BIOS/CMOS to boot to the C:\ drive. lol. Also, when my router and virus software ports are not open.

Have you done all of the troubleshooting at http://www.savetaris.com/doctor? Give it a shot since you are booting to the C:\ drive, and I assume your game is also installed there. Lots of Windows 64 bit probs though it seems.