Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Space Combat in The Old Republic (continued from pre launch)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Space Combat in The Old Republic (continued from pre launch)

phill-fry
10.30.2012 , 05:43 AM | #711
Quote: Originally Posted by Eegore View Post
Ever play SW Battlefront? Theres small 3 axis space battles there, you can even dock jump out and kill stuff on foot.

Perfect system for here.
that would be perfect for a warzone type game
"Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege. "

Stradlin
10.30.2012 , 06:00 AM | #712
It'd be great if they made space combat more relevant and exiting. I understand we won't see new Tie Figter or Wing Commander within TOR but new Roque Squadron, perhaps, even, please? ty? One of the nine thousand reasons I hate consoles is what they did to Joystics. Since pad is vastly superior way of controlling anytthing in literally all genres but (space)flight sims, very few buy, manufacture or want ye olde Joystick anymore. Which in turn means games planned with one in mind are highly uncommon. Not to mention mini games within an mmo

Personally idea of playing a railshooter arcade with mouse was about as exiting and rewarding as I thought it would be. ( spoiler, not very)

Just my 0.2 credits.

LordArtemis
10.30.2012 , 06:21 AM | #713
Quote: Originally Posted by phill-fry View Post
that would be perfect for a warzone type game
I would agree. I would go further to suggest that both PVE and PVP sections could be set up...and the PVP side should be a persistent battlefield IMO with a constant battle.

As I have mentioned before, the ability to use your starship and carry players to man your turrets and jump out to fight on foot on enemy capital ships, or man turrets and defend on foot on friendly capital ships. Also the ability to jump into and pilot fighters, fight other players or attack capital ships.

Basically everything that BF2 offered.

Sultrus
10.30.2012 , 06:26 AM | #714
Not to cause a problem by mentioning another MMO here but Star Trek Online's space combat is the one thing that is significantly better then this game. Personally, I would like it if you could buy different ships and eventually work your way up to Star Destroyers in a 3 axis space combat. I also LOVE Republic hammerhead class cruisers too and I was so excited when they were shown on the artwork for this game... so why can we not fly them. Adding space combat PvP with your guild where you fight another guild using fighters, frigates, interceptors, battleships etc?

welshnproud
10.30.2012 , 06:31 AM | #715
they should take BF2's space missions. you start on a republic/empire ship then you get in your ship(you had lots of choices in BF2 but it would be better for it to be your ship in this) or a friends ship. Then you have to take out all the turrets force fields, bridge command engines ect on the enemy destroyer.
You can do this inside and outside so you drop say 4 people off inside the ship then fly out and start killing everything.
First team to destroy the enemys ship wins

you could also do it pve aspect in the same way just with ai enemys instead of real

Lord_Ravenhurst
10.30.2012 , 07:11 AM | #716
Damn I wish they´d announce this "SSSP" already, what keeps them from doing this?

Only ONE cockpit screenshot please

Goretzu
10.30.2012 , 08:48 AM | #717
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Ravenhurst View Post
hmm I hope the new space missions will be at least a really cool version of Star Fox with alternate routes and a boss fight
Yeah, that shouldn't have been beyond the reach of a SF "mini-game", and would have helped with replayability too.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

TUXs
10.30.2012 , 09:10 AM | #718
Quote: Originally Posted by Sultrus View Post
Not to cause a problem by mentioning another MMO here but Star Trek Online's space combat is the one thing that is significantly better then this game. Personally, I would like it if you could buy different ships and eventually work your way up to Star Destroyers in a 3 axis space combat. I also LOVE Republic hammerhead class cruisers too and I was so excited when they were shown on the artwork for this game... so why can we not fly them. Adding space combat PvP with your guild where you fight another guild using fighters, frigates, interceptors, battleships etc?
STO is "naval" style fighting, which fits with the brand. Star Wars has "fighters" and a much faster pace that Star Trek.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here [FREE server transfer being a key perk!!])

TUXs
10.30.2012 , 09:12 AM | #719
Damn I wish they´d announce this "SSSP" already, what keeps them from doing this?

What keeps them from announcing it, or showing you a screen shot, is that what you 'want', has NEVER been suggested as being developed. Your hopes are built upon player speculation, not statements from Bioware.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here [FREE server transfer being a key perk!!])

LUCASCASADEIS
10.30.2012 , 09:49 AM | #720

they said in the gamescom they a team working in the SSSP