Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pre order issue

aprilb
12.14.2011 , 09:52 AM | #21
After my girlfriend and I entered our codes she received an email from SWTOR titled " Thank you for Pre-Ordering!". I never received that email. They have jacked something up royally on their end. Still on hold for phone support and awaiting email support.

aprilb
12.14.2011 , 09:54 AM | #22
If they arent able to help me with this next email or on the phone Im just going to call EA back and have them deactivate the code I purchased and give me a new one and create an entirely new SWTOR account. Maybe they wont mess that one up.

aprilb
12.14.2011 , 10:00 AM | #23
Work on it devs

aprilb
12.14.2011 , 10:14 AM | #24
Finally got through to phone support and guess what, their system is down.... He advised that there would not be anything he could do anyways and that this issue needs to be resolved through email.

sirwyst
12.14.2011 , 06:39 PM | #25
am not surprised thier system is down.

regardless, it is poorly managed, sorry guys. I work in marketing and innovation and the golden rule is : not promise and be clear :
1) they have a date record of all pre ordered
2) should be easy to send an individual email to those people
3) send them invite following that order
4) inform them about when they can expect to play
5) do not promise early access game unless you can guarantee
6) avoid confusing messages on servers
7) treat in priority the early pre orders, not the latest one

wish they could have done that.

today, still no news, dont know what to do, pray and wait. May the force be with us

Beaver
12.14.2011 , 07:37 PM | #26
My friend has been dealing with the same thing for DAYS now..... He is so frustrated he is canceling his pre-order. I hope in the end he doesn't but I don't blame him with that kind of lack of support. He can't get a hold of anyone on the phone, can't get through on emails, I would like to play with him but they are sure making it impossible.

Ok, he just told me he did while I was writing this.....THANKS for the no helping him and that I have to play alone now.
My lightsaber is bigger than yours!

sirwyst
12.15.2011 , 06:28 AM | #27
just to let you know, no update on my side, i can still not play

have sent 2 emails to hotline, 0 answer....

Dapexis
12.15.2011 , 06:40 AM | #28
What is frightening is the format of those emails really look like phishing attempts to steal accounts. Why would one need to see the code itself when the order number should be more than enough?